- Volume 31 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of Structural Performance of RC Deck Slabs by High-Strength Concrete
고강도 콘크리트를 적용한 RC 바닥판의 정적 성능 평가
- Received : 2016.05.10
- Accepted : 2016.06.16
- Published : 2016.06.30
Lately, the high-strength concrete is often used to increase the lifespan of bridges. The benefits of using the high-strength concrete are that it increases the durability and strength. On the contrary, it reduces the cross-section of the bridges. This study conducted structural performance tests of the bridge deck slabs applying high-strength concrete. As result of the tests, specimens of bridge deck slabs were destroyed through punching shear. Moreover, the tests exposed that the high-strength concrete bridge deck slabs satisfy the flexural strength and the punching shear strength at ultimate limit state(ULS). Also, limiting deflection of the concrete fulfilled serviceability limit state(SLS) criteria. These results indicated that the bridge deck slabs designed by high-strength concrete were enough to secure the safety factor despite of its low thickness.
high-strength concrete;RC deck slab;limit state design;structural performance test
- H. H. Hwang, "Minimum Thickness of RC Deck Slab for a Composite Two-Girder Bridge Considering Serviceability and Constructability", Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Vol.25, No.6A, pp. 981-988, 2005.
- H. H. Hwang, C. B. Joh, J. W. Kwark, Y. W. Lee, "Minimum Design Thickness of Prestressed Concrete Deck Slabs for Composite Two-Girder Bridges", Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Vol.26, No.1A, pp. 183-190, 2006.
- J. W. Suh, J. Y. Rhee, B.S. Ku, H. S. Kim, J. C. Kim, D. C. Shin, "An Experimental Study of High-performance Concrete Bridge for Field Application", Korea Concrete Institute, 2007.
- Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology, "Development of Ling-Life Deck Sysyems for Bridges-Precast Concrete Deck", 2006.
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs in Korea, Korean Highway Bridges Design Code(Limte State Design Method), Korea Road Association, 2015.
- Korean Society of Civil Engineers, "Commentary of Korean Highway Bridge Design Code", 2008.
- W. J. Park, H. H. Hwang, "Minimum thickness of long span RC deck slabs for composite 2-girder bridges designed by KL-510 load mode", Journal of the Korean Society of Safety, Vol.29, No.3, pp. 72-78, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14346/JKOSOS.2014.29.3.072
- J. H. Bae, D. M. Yoo, H. H. Hwang, S. T. Kim, "Minimum Thickness of Long-Span RC Deck Slabs for 2-girder Bridges Designed by 80 MPa Concrete", Journal of the Korean Society of Safety, Vol.29, No.5, pp. 97-103, 2014.
- Karlsson & Sorensen, ABAQUS User's Manual, Hibbitt, 2009.
- Transportation Research Board 2013 Executive Committee, "High-Performance/High-Strength Lightweight Concrete for Bridge Girders and Decks", NCHRP Report 733, 2013.
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원