- Volume 27 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
HPV Knowledge, HPV Vaccination Intention, and Barriers on HPV Vaccination in Male Undergraduate Students of Health Department and Non-health Department
보건 계열과 비보건 계열 남자대학생의 인유두종 바이러스 지식, 인유두종 바이러스 백신 접종 의향과 접종 저해 요인
- Choi, Jung Ah (Seoul Women's College of Nursing) ;
- Kim, Kyoung Ah (Department of Nursing, Woosong University)
- Received : 2016.02.22
- Accepted : 2016.05.23
- Published : 2016.06.30
Purpose: The aim of this study was to identify the level of Human papillomavirus (HPV) knowledge, intention of HPV vaccination, and barriers on HPV vaccination among male undergraduate students of Health department and Non-health department. Methods: A total of 149 male undergraduate students responded to self-administered questionnaires about their HPV knowledge, HPV vaccination intention, and their barriers on HPV vaccination. ANOVA, t-test and
- Baek SS, Song MS, Jeon MS. Knowledge of HPV and HPV vaccine and intention for STDs prevention between male and female undergraduate students. Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society. 2012;14(6):3149-3161.
- Belani HK, Sekar P, Guhaniyogi R, Abraham A, Bohjanen PR, Bohjanen K. Human papillomavirus vaccine acceptance among young men in India. International Journal of Dermatology. 2014;53(11):e486-e491. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/ijd.12401 https://doi.org/10.1111/ijd.12401
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention. Human papillomavirus (HPV) [Internet]. Atlanta, GA: Center for Disease Control and Prevention. 2015 [cited 2015 September 19]. Available from: http://www.cdc.gov/hpv/parents/vaccine.html
- Ferris DG, Waller JL, Miller J, Patel P, Price GA, Jackson L, et al. Variables associated with human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine acceptance by men. The Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine. 2009;22(1):34-42. http://dx.doi.org/10.3122/jabfm.2009.01.080008 https://doi.org/10.3122/jabfm.2009.01.080008
- Kann L, Kinchen S, Shanklin SL, Flint KH, Kawkins J, Harris WA, et al. Youth risk behavior surveillance-United States, 2013. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report Surveillance Summaries. 2014;63(Suppl 4):1-168.
- Kim JA, Lee JY. Analysis of actual condition and the related predicting factors for sexual experience of university students in Korea, The Journal of the Korean Public Health Association. 2014;40(3):71-80.
- Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The eighth (2012) Korea youth risk behavior web-based survey. Seoul: Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2012. 350 p.
- Lim SH. 2030 sexual experience faster, surging onset of genital warts. The Hankookilbo. 2015 May 18; Sect. 14.
- Heckman CJ, Fang CY, Jayo I. Pilot Study: Health behaviors associated with HPV vaccine uptake among adolescents. Journal of Primary Care & Community Health. 2012;3(3):170-173. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/2150131911429574 https://doi.org/10.1177/2150131911429574
- Holcomb B, Bailey JM, Crawford K, Ruffin MT. Adults' knowledge and behaviors related to human papillomavirus infection. Journal of the American Board of Family Practice. 2004;17(1): 26-31. http://dx.doi.org/10.3122/jabfm.17.1.26 https://doi.org/10.3122/jabfm.17.1.26
- Jun EM. Knowledge about human papillomavirus (HPV) and attitude and acceptance of HPV vaccination among women. Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society. 2010;12(6):3073-3086.
- Kang SW, Jun EM. The study of human papillomavirus vaccination acceptance in married women. Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society. 2013;15(1):237-249.
- Kim HW. Comparison of factors associated with intention to receive human papillomavirus vaccine between male and female undergraduate students. Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing. 2011;17(4):415-425. https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2011.17.4.415
- Kim HW. Factors influencing mothers' acceptance of human papillomavirus vaccination to prevent cervical cancer in their daughters. Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing. 2011;17 (2):137-147. https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2011.17.2.137
- Kim HW, Ahn HY. Study on the knowledge of human papilloma virus in female university students. Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing. 2007;13(1):13-20.
- Lee SY, Han MA, Park J, Ryu SY. Factors associated with human papillomavirus vaccination and intention among male and female college students. Korean Journal of Health Promotion. 2015;15(3):141-149. https://doi.org/10.15384/kjhp.2015.15.3.141
- Park SJ, Park HJ. Knowledge regarding cervical cancer, human papillomavirus and acceptance of vaccination in Korean adult men. Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamental Nursing. 2012;19(2):201-211. https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2012.19.2.201
- Wong M, Lee A, Ngai KL, Josette CY, Chan KS. Knowledge, attitude, practice and barriers on vaccination against human papillomavirus Infection: A cross-sectional study among primary care physicians in Hong Kong. PLOS ONE. 2013;8(8): e71827. http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0071827 https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0071827
- Newman P, Logie C, Doukas N, Asakura K. HPV vaccine acceptability among men: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Sexually Transmitted Infections. 2013;89(7):568-574. http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/sextrans-2012-050980 https://doi.org/10.1136/sextrans-2012-050980
- Eo YS, Lee NY, Kim JS. A study on the level of health beliefs and knowledge about human papilloma virus (HPV) vaccination among health college students. Journal of Fishries and Marine Sciences Education, 2004;26(2);345-356.
- Shin HR, Franceschi S, Vaccarella S, Roh JW, Ju YH, Oh JK, et al. Prevalence and determinants of genital infection with papillomavirus in female and male university students in Busan, South Korea. The Journal of Infectious disease. 2004;190(3): 468-476. https://doi.org/10.1086/421279
- Shin HK, Park HJ. Knowledge regarding cervical cancer, human papillomavirus (HPV) and intention for vaccination among the personnel in Korean military service. Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing. 2015;22(2): 158-168. https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2015.22.2.158
- Tisi G, Salinaro F, Apostoli P, Bassani R, Bellicini A, Groppi L, et al. HPV vaccination acceptability in young boys. Annali dell' lstituto Superiore di Sanita. 2013;49(3):286-291. http://dx.doi.org/10.4415/ANN_13_03_09 https://doi.org/10.4415/ANN_13_03_09
- Sharon JM, Helen SM, Maureen W, Anntette J, Braunack M, Rob R, Rebecca LT. Factors associated with HPV vaccine uptake in teenage girls: A systematic review. Vaccine. 2012;30 (24):3546-3556. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vaccine.2012.03.063
- Lee SY, Lee JE, Gi MG, Kang C. An overview of immunization and efficacy of human papillomavirus vaccines. Public Health Weekly Report. 2014;7(52):1162-1166.
- Lee MH, Kang HS, Lee KY. Knowledge, attitude, and motivation of human papillomavirus vaccination among Korean women. Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society. 2010;12(3): 1365-1377.
- Cheong HJ. Vaccination necessary for Korean adults. Journal of Korean Medicine Association. 2011;54(12):1289-1296. http://dx.doi.org/10.5124/jkma.2011.54.12.1289 https://doi.org/10.5124/jkma.2011.54.12.1289