- Volume 28 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Refresher Training of Physical Therapist in Gwangju and Jeonnam
- Yu, Seong-Hun (Gwangju Trauma Center) ;
- Kim, Seung-Rae (Gwangju Donggu Public Health Center) ;
- Cho, Sung-Hyoun (Department of Physical Therapy, Nambu University) ;
- Jang, Il-Yong (Suwan Medical Center) ;
- Hwang, Jin-Ah (X-sports Rehabilitation Exercise Center) ;
- Kim, Yong-Seong (Department of Physical Therapy, Nambu University) ;
- Kim, Hyun-Jin (Department of Physical Therapy, Hanlyo University)
- Received : 2016.05.20
- Accepted : 2016.06.29
- Published : 2016.06.30
Purpose: The current study seeks to examine the continuing education of physical therapist in Gwangju, Jeonnam. Methods: A survey was conducted during the continuing education of physical therapist held in Gwangju in 2015 with 297 participants. The survey questionnaire consisted of 13 questions on characteristics of physical therapist, 7 questions on the level of satisfaction with continuing education, 11 questions regarding the need for continuing education, and 8 questions concerning how to improve continuing education. Results: As for the level of satisfaction with the content of continuing education, the survey results indicated that there were significant differences across respondents' age and career period. Regarding the level of satisfaction with the environment in which continuing education was provided; significant differences were observed across respondents' age, education, marital status, monthly pay, career period, and service period. Regarding the level of satisfaction with the expense in which continuing education was provided; significant differences were observed across respondents' sex, age, education, marital status, dependent family, monthly pay, career period, and position. In terms of the level of satisfaction with the operation method in which continuing education was carried out, there were significant differences across respondents' age, education, and career period. Conclusion: The survey found the level of satisfaction with continuing education to be average among physical therapist in Gwangju and Jeonnam. In addition, as for ways to take continuing education courses for those who have never taken it, online education was mentioned the most. Therefore, there is a need for advertising online continuing education.
- Shin HS, Kim JS. Factors affecting emergency room nurse job in small and medium sized hospitals. J Kor Nurs Adm Acad. 2015;21(4):386-92. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2015.21.4.386
- Lee IH, Shin AM, Son CS et al. Understanding the behavior of physical therapists and occupational therapists in protecting patient's medical information-an application of the theory of planned behavior. J Kor Phys Ther. 2010;22(2):55-60.
- Lee MY, Chung JJ, Hong HJ et al. Evaluation of the home-based rehabilitation program based on CBR model through in-depth interviews with visiting physical therapists. J Kor Phys Ther. 2015;27(1):68-77. https://doi.org/10.18857/jkpt.2015.27.1.68
- Lee KH, Jung BO. A study on the relationship between professional self-concept and job satisfaction of physical therapists. J Kor Phys Ther. 2009; 21(3):109-18.
- Kim MJ, Han SS. Comparison of job satisfaction, commitment to organization, nursing organization culture and job experience between national/public hospital nurses and private hospital nurses. J East-West Nurs. 2007;13(1):22-30.
- Kim MH, Kim GE, Kim JH et al. Changes in awareness of major employment following clinical practice in students of physical therapy. J Kor Phys Ther. 2014;26(6):403-10.
- Park JH, Oh HY et al. Health & medical laws. Seoul, PanMun education, 2016:153-4.
- Kim MJ, Shin GR, Yu JS et al. A survey on continuing education of nurse. Kor Nurs. 1996;35(5):55-64.
- Moon JK, Song BK, Hwang BY. A study on job satisfaction among physical therapists in public health centers of the seoul metropolitan area. J Kor Phys Ther. 2010;22(2):61-8. https://doi.org/10.1589/jpts.22.61
- Jung JY. A study on the evaluation of management of continuing education programs for the improvement of the job performance of dental hygienists. Dankook University. Dissertation of Doctorate Degree. 2014.
- Ahn SY. Development of assessment tool for continuing education of dental hygienists. Hanyang University. Dissertation of Doctorate Degree. 2013.
- Lee MA. Analysis of the effects of job characteristics on their job satisfaction among physical therapists. Kyunghee University. Dissertation of Master's Degree. 2013.
- Na JM. A study on medical practitioners' perceptions on continuing medical education. Dissertation of Master's Degree. 2012.
- Park KH. The role of medical record technician and survey of continuing education needs. Yonsei University. Dissertation of Master's Degree. 2000.
- Park JH. A consideration on the systems related to physical therapist license in korea. Dissertation of Master's Degree. 2006.
- Kim JD. The present condition of continuing education for physical therapists and needs. Chonnam University. Dissertation of Master's Degree. 2016.
- Lee YJ. The research on the reality and recognition relayed to inservice education of the nurse. Andong University. Dissertation of Master's Degree. 2005.
- Lee YG. A study on the need for continuing education programs for nurses working in medium-sized hospitals. Yonsei University. Dissertation of Master's Degree. 2007.
- Kwon MJ. A survey of evidence-based practice of physical therapist. J Kor Phys Ther. 2006;18(3):23-6.
- Park SK, Heo JW. Correlation between professionalism, job satisfaction and job performance of the physical therapist. J Kor Phys Ther. 2015; 27(1):12-7. https://doi.org/10.18857/jkpt.27.1.12