- Volume 10 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Mediation Effect of a Positive Stress Coping Strategy in the Relationship between Clinical Practice Stress and Clinical Practice Satisfaction
임상실습 스트레스와 실습 만족도의 관계에 미치는 적극적 스트레스 대처의 매개효과
- Lee, Sun-Young (Department of Nursing Kongju National University) ;
- Jeon, Seon-Yeong (Gongju National Mental Hospital) ;
- Kim, Yun-Young (Department of Nursing, Sangmyung University)
- Received : 2016.04.26
- Accepted : 2016.06.20
- Published : 2016.06.30
Objectives : The purpose of this study was to identify the mediation effect of a positive stress coping strategy between clinical practice stress and clinical practice satisfaction in nursing students. Methods : In this study, data was collected from 248 nursing students at K University in South Korea from October of 2015 to November of 2015. The collected data was analyzed using the SPSS 22.0 Statistics Program. Results : Clinical practice stress and a positive stress coping strategy were significant predictors of clinical practice satisfaction (
- J.A. Yee(2004), A Study on the Image of Nurses and the Professional Self-Concept Perceived by Nursing Students, Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, Vol.10(3);325-334.
- S.J. Hwang(2002), The Relationship between Clinical Stress, Self-Efficacy, and Self-Esteem of Nursing College Students, Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol.12(2);205-213.
- E.W. Cater(1982), Stress in Nursing Students Dispelling Some of the Myth, Nursing Out Look, pp.248-252.
- E. Lindop(1993), A Complementary Therapy Approach to the Management of Individual Stress among Student Nurses, Journal of advanced Nursing, Vol.18(10);1578-1585. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2648.1993.18101578.x
- W. Evans, B. Kelly(2004), Pre-registration Diploma Student Nurse Stress and Coping Measures, Nurse Education Today, Vol.24;473-482. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2004.05.004
- A.C. Billings, R.H. Moos(1984). Coping, Stress and Social Resources among Adults with Unipolar Depression, Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol.46;877-891. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-3522.214.171.1247
- R.S. Lazarus, S. Folkman(1984), Stress, Appraisal and Coping, New York: Springer Publishing Co., pp.117-223.
- J. Suls, B. Fletcher(1985), The Relative Efficacy of Avoidant and Nonavoidant Coping Strategies: A Meta-analysis, Health Psychology, Vol.4(3);249-288. https://doi.org/10.1037/0278-6126.96.36.199
- S.L. Kim, J.E. Lee(2005), Relationship among Stress, Coping Strategies, and Self-esteem in Nursing Students Taking Clinical Experience, The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol.11(1);98-106.
- S.M. Kim, T.Y. Hwang(2014), Comparison of Stress Levels Arising in Clinical Settings, Stress Coping Mechanisms and Clinical Competency between Male and Female Nursing Students, The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol.20(4);606-616. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.4.606
- S.H. Lee, S.Y. Kim, J.A. Kim(2004), Nursing Students' Image of Nurse and Satisfaction with Clinical Practice, Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, Vol.10(2);219-231.
- I.S. Kim, Y.K. Jang, S.H. Park, S.H. Song(2011), Critical Thinking Disposition, Stress of Clinical Practice and Clinical Competence of Nursing Students, The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol.17(3);337-345. https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2011.17.3.337
- H.S. Shim, H.N. Lee(2014), Stress and Coping of Dental Hygiene Students in Clinical Practice, Journal of Korean Society of Dental Hygiene, Vol.14(2);139-145. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.02.139
- N.S. Kim, K.E. Lee, M.K. Kwon, H.W. Kim(2007), Ways of Coping and Health-Related Hardiness in University Students, Journal of the Korean Academiy of Fundamentals of Nursing, Vol.14(2);239-247.
- J.H. Kim(1988), The Way of Coping With Stress, Sungwonsa, pp.220-240
- H.S. Park, J.Y. Han(2015), Self-leadership, Critical Thinking Disposition, Satisfaction of Clinical Practice and Clinical Practice Competency of Nursing Students, Journal of the Korean Data Information Sience Society, Vol.26(3);695-706. https://doi.org/10.7465/jkdi.2015.26.3.695
- H.J. Park, I.S. Jang(2010), Stress, Depression, Coping Styles and Satisfaction of Clinical Practice in Nursing Students, The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol.16(1);14-23. https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2010.16.1.014
- H.S. Lee, E.J. Kim(2008), The Comparison of Stress Coping and Satisfaction with Clinical Practice according to the Grade of Nursing College Student, Journal of East-West Nursing Research, Vol.14(1);5-13.
- H.S. Yu(2015), Relationship among Stress of Clinical Practice, Practice Satisfaction and Clinical Competence in Nursing Students, Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, Vol.17(2);1129-1144.
- N.Y. Yang, S.Y. Moon(2011), Relationship of Self-leadership, Stress and Satisfaction in Clinical Practice of Nursing Students, The Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, Vol.17(2);216-225. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2011.17.2.216
- H.M. Hwang, J.O. Kim(2015), Influence of Job Stress, Coping Strategies on Life Satisfaction in Long-Term Care workers-Focused in Gyeonggi-do-, Journal of the Korea Academia Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol.16(9);6152-6159. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.9.6152
- H.J. Won(2015), Effects of Self-Leadership and Stress Coping on College Life Adjustment in Nursing Students, The Korean Journal of Health Service Management, Vol.9(1);123-131. https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2015.9.1.123
- M.Y. Park(2001), Stress and Anger of Nursing Students Related to Clinical Practice, The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol.7(1);7-21.
- K.I. Jang, Y.S. Roh(2015), Effects of a Simulation-based Stroke Care Education on Nursing Performance Ability and Satisfaction in Nursing Students, Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol.16(1);408-417. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.1.408
- Korean Nursing Association, http://www. koreanur se.or.kr/resources/nurse_edu.php
- Mediating Effect of Satisfaction with Clinical Practice on the Relation between Satisfaction with Major and Career Preparation Behavior of Nursing Students vol.10, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2016.10.3.213
- The Effects of Stress Coping Style on Clinical (On-the-Job) Training Satisfaction in Some Optometry Majors: the Mediating Effects of Problem-Solving Ability vol.23, pp.3, 2018, https://doi.org/10.14479/jkoos.2018.23.3.191