- Volume 10 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on Strategies to Galvanize the Anti-aging Industry
항노화산업 활성화 방안에 관한 연구
- Jung, Tae-Young (BK21PLUS Program in 'Embodiment: Health-Society Interaction', Department of Public Health Sciences, Graduate School, Korea University) ;
- Goh, Young-Gon (BK21PLUS Program in 'Embodiment: Health-Society Interaction', Department of Public Health Sciences, Graduate School, Korea University) ;
- Chung, Hae-Joo (BK21PLUS Program in 'Embodiment: Health-Society Interaction', Department of Public Health Sciences, Graduate School, Korea University)
- 정태영 (고려대학교 대학원 보건과학과 BK21PLUS 인간생명-사회환경 상호작용 융합사업단) ;
- 고영곤 (고려대학교 대학원 보건과학과 BK21PLUS 인간생명-사회환경 상호작용 융합사업단) ;
- 정혜주 (고려대학교 대학원 보건과학과 BK21PLUS 인간생명-사회환경 상호작용 융합사업단)
- Received : 2016.01.21
- Accepted : 2016.04.20
- Published : 2016.06.30
Objectives : Because people have increasingly more interest in their quality of life, the anti-aging industry has grown worldwide. The purpose of this study is to suggest strategies for galvanizing the anti-aging industry in Korea. Methods : To accomplish this aim, we explored the definition, classification, problem and activating strategies of the anti-aging industry through a systematic review. Results : From the results, the following suggestions are given: planning a national strategy to galvanize the anti-aging industry, establishing an anti-aging research institute, developing a business model, developing an anti-aging cluster, statistics development and an information system related to anti-aging, training personnel, and legislation. Conclusions : The anti-aging industry has the potential to reduce health expenses through early intervention of diseases due to aging and through activation of the national economy by win-win growth of the industry related to aging. Therefore, understanding the anti-aging industry as well as political support is critical.
Supported by : 고려대학교
- United Nations(2002), Report of the Second World Assembly on Ageing, United Nations: New York, pp.5-62.
- Samsung Economics Research Institute(2013), Anti-aging Rising as New Growth Engine, pp.1-54.
- Korea Health Industry Development Institute(2014), A Research on the Current Status of the Anti-aging Industry and on the Strategies for Their Activation, pp.8-157.
- BCC research(2013), Anti-aging Products and Services: The Global Market, pp.7-8.
- High Alert Capital Partners(2013), High Alert Capital Partners Sector Report: Anti-aging, pp.3-14.
- L. Hayflick(2000), The future of ageing. Nature, Vol.408(6809);267-269. https://doi.org/10.1038/35041709
- S. Astrid(2008), Anti-ageing Medicine: Myths and Chances, vdf Hochschulverlag, pp.45-48.
- Korea Institute for Industrial Economics & Trade(2011), The Strategies for Activating Industry Related to the Retirement of Baby Boom Generation, pp.50-55.
- Busan Technopark Policy Planning Agency(2011), the Megatrend of Anti-aging Industry and Busan's Responses, pp.3-27.
- Kyengnam Development Institute(2012), The Development Strategy of Western Kyongnam through Anti-aging Cluster, pp.3-12.
- BCC Research(2009), Anti-aging Products and Services, pp.3-43.
- Freedonia Group(2009), Anti-aging Products, pp.4-45.
- Global Industry Analysts(2009), Anti-aging Products and Services, pp.1-97.
- Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention(2011), Policies and Trends in Global Aging-related Research, pp.1-6.
- T.Y. Jung, S.B. Kim(2015), A Study on the Status of Anti-aging Industry in Advanced Countries and It's Implication, Health Industry Brief, Vol.152;1-8.
- S.S. Kang(2014), Challenges for the Anti-aging Industry Development in GyeongNam, The GyeongNam Development, Vol.134;23-28.
- Korea Institute for Industrial Economics & Trade(2013), The Rise and Growth Strategies of Anti-aging Industry in Aging Society, pp.7-47.
- J.K. Suh(2013), An Analysis on the Economic Effects of the Korean Cosmetic Industry, The Korean Journal of Health Service Management, Vol.7(3);57-69. https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2013.7.3.057