- Volume 14 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
The Influence of Professionalism of Pilates Instructors on Attractiveness of Instructors and Adherence of Pilates Participants
필라테스 지도자의 전문성과 매력성 및 참가자의 운동지속에 대한 융합적 연구
- Roh, Su-Yeon (Gachon University)
- 노수연 (가천대학교)
- Received : 2016.06.01
- Accepted : 2016.07.20
- Published : 2016.07.28
This study examined the influence of professionalism of Pilates instructors on attractiveness of instructors and adherence of participants. The subjects of this study were 229 Pilates participants in Seoul and Gyeonggido. The collected data was analyzed by using SPSS & AMOS 18.0 version. The results are as follows. First, the professionalism of Pilates instructors partially affects the attraction. Second, the professionalism of Pilates instructors has partially influence on the adherence of Pilates participants. Third, the attraction of Pilates instructors has partially an effect on the adherence of Pilates participants. Lastly there is a causal relationship between professionalism, attraction of Pilates instructors and adherence of Pilates participants.
- Hyun-Young Lee,. "Academic development and practical development directions of rhythmic exercise based on exercise psychology." Journal of Korean Society for Rhythmic Exercises, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 31-39, 2011.
- Soon-Gi Back, "Effects of using prop for convergence Pilates met exercise on the immunoglobulin in middle-aged women", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp. 329-336, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.5.329
- Seon-Kyung Baek, Joo-Young Park, "The relationship with women pilates participants' desire for physical activity and their intention to exercise adherence dependent upon leisure satisfaction." Journal of Tourism and Leisure Research, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 429-446, 2010.
- Ji-Yeon Ryu, "Does tt take only 4 week to obtain a Pilates certificate? Unreliable Pilates institutions" http://news.khan.co.kr/kh_news/khan_art_view.html?artid=201302201710205&code=900303 (February 20, 2013)
- Soon-Gi Back, "Effects of Using Prop for Convergence Pilates Met Exercise on the Immunoglobulin in Middle-aged Women", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp. 329-336, 2015 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.5.329
- Hyun-Sik Kim, "An Expertise of Sport Instructors." Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies, Vol. 24, pp. 17-29, 2005.
- Jeong-Ae You, "Research on experties in teaching." Korean Journal of Sport Pedagogy, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 41-59, 2000.
- Min-Sun Cho, "The factors affecting in the truse building of female judo athlete in her coach." Korea Sport Research, Vol. 14, No. 5, pp. 667-682, 2003.
- Kwan-Young Choi, Kwi-Jong Kim, "Wu-Shu Practitioner's Exercise Emotion and the Expectation of the Result of the Exercise Depend on the Expertise of the Wu-Shu Director." Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies, Vol. 37, pp. 1621-1630, 2009.
- Min-Soo Kim, "The development of model for non-profit prtvate leisure sports center enhancing the inhabitants' well-being." Graduate School of Korea National Sport University, 1999.
- Myeong-Soo Jung, Soo-Kyeong Na, "The Relationship between Professional Recognition and Service Quality of Sports Instructor' Attractiveness." The Korean Journal of Sports Science, Vol. 20, No. 6, pp. 841-854, 2011.
- Se-Ho Lee, "The influence of social interaction in sports center on exercise satisfaction and consumer loyalty." Korea Sport Research, Vol. 15, No. 6, pp. 999-1006, 2004.
- Kun-Mi Lee, "The Effects of the Attraction of Dance Educators Perceived by Dance Major Students at Universities on Their Dance Flow and Passion." Journal of Korean Association of Physical Education and Sport for Girls and Women, Vol. 29, No. 1, pp. 29-44, 2015.
- Hyun-Ah Choi, "The Effects of Sports Center Instructor' Attractiveness on the Psychological needs of participants." Graduate School of Korea University.
- M. J. Baker, Jr. G. A. Churchil, "The impact of physically attractive model on advertising evaluation." Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. 14(November), pp. 538-555, 1997.
- Kahle, L. R., & Homer, P.(1985). Physical attractiveness of the celebrity endorsor: A social adaptation perspective. Journal of Consumer Research, Vol. 11(March), pp. 954-961, 1985. https://doi.org/10.1086/209029
- Wan-Min Kim, Sang-Wook Bae, Sang Hong Lee, "Effects of perceived attributes of salesperson on satisfaction and behavioral intentions of customer: Focusing on consumer durable goods." Journal of distribution research, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 1-27, 2006.
- Hyun-Ah Choi, Joo-Hyug Jung, "The Effects of Sports Center Instructor' Attractiveness on the Psychological needs of participants." The Korean Journal of Physical Education, Vol. 53, No. 5, pp. 81-92, 2014.
- Su-Yeon Roh, "The Relationship between Instructor's Attractiveness Perceived by Pilates Participants, Pilates Flow and Passion." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No, 3, pp. 409-418, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.3.409
- G. E. Belch, A. B. Michael, "Advertising and Promotion: An Integrated Marketing Communications Perspectiv (6th. ed)". McGrawHill, 2004.
- Su-Yeon Roh, "The Influence of Attraction of Pilates Instructors on Exercise Passion and Adherence of Pilates Participants." The Korean Journal of Sports Sciences, Vol. 24, No. 2, pp. 279-290, 2015.
- Jeong-Hwan Park, "The effects of sports leaders' attractiveness on professional identity, service quality satisfaction, and buying behavior." Graduate School of Keimyung University. 2009.
- Man-Dong Huh, "The Effects of Eating Attitude on Body Image According to Pilates Instructor." The Korean Journal of Sports Sciences, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 827-836, 2008.
- C. B. Corbin, R. Lindsey, "Concepts of physical fitness. Dubuque, IA: Wm", 1994.
- Kyong-Sik Kim, "Structural equation modeling analysis on the exercise adherence process of the consumer at the commercial sports facilities." The Korean Journal of Physical Education, Vol. 46, No. 5, pp. 399-411, 2007.
- Inae Yoon, Ji-Young Kim, Hyung-Chul Joo, "The Relationship Among Students' Perception of Professor's Emotional Intelligence, Nonverbal Communication, Trust and Intention of Participation Continuity at the Liberal Arts Dance Class." The Korean Journal of Physical Education, Vol. 52, No. 4, pp. 293-305, 2013.
- Min-Joo Chung, Hak-Jun Dim, "The Effects of Service Providers' Verbal and Nonverbal Communications on Customer Satisfaction and Intention of Revisiting and Recommendation : Centering on Family Restaurants in Gwangju." Journal of Tourism and Leisure Research, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 453-472, 2012.
- J. L. Chandon, P. Y. Leo, J. Philippe, "Service Encounter Dimensions - A Dyadic Perspective: Measuring the Dimensions of Service Encounters as Perceived by Customer and Personnel." International Journal of Service Industry Management, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 65-86, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1108/09564239710161088
- Soo-Jin Seo, Chang-Seop Lee, "The Development of an Instrument Measuring Professionalism Among Dance Sport Instructors." The Korean Journal of Physical Education, Vol. 49, No. 4, pp. 119-130, 2010.
- A. S. Tan, "Mass Communication Theories and Research. New york: John wiley & sons, Inc.", 1985.
- Jung-Hwan Cho, Eung-Gyung Nam, "Setting health-related physical fitness criterion standard & developing internet resources for college women." Proceeding of The 2000 Seoul International Sport Science Congress, pp. 1115-1121, 2000.
- Ji-Tae Kim, Eun-Chil Seo, " Item goodness-of-fit of exercise adherence scale for people with physical disabilities: application of rasch rating scale modeling." Korean Journal of sport Science, Vol. 23, No. 3, pp. 555-565, 2012. https://doi.org/10.24985/kjss.2012.23.3.555
- R. B. Kline, "Principles and practice of structural equation modeling(2nd ed.). New York: Guilford Press", 2005.
- Gye-Su Kim, "Structure Equation model. Seoul: Suk Jeong Publication", 2003.
- Gyu-Ho Kim, Byung-Chan Lee, Sung-Woon Jang, "The relationship between recognized professionalization and trust of instructors, teaching effectiveness of skin-scuba instructors." Journal of sports Culture & Science, Vol. 15, pp. 61-68, 2009.
- Gwang-Ho Ahn, Chang-Jo Yoo, "Principles of Advertising. Gyeonggi: BeopMusa", 1999.
- Kyong-Sik Kim, "Relationship of Speciality of Personal Trainer, PT Satisfaction and Exercise Adherence." The journal of the korea contents association, Vol. 14, No. 10, pp. 298-305, 2014.
- Young-Jin Choi, Jin Yoo, Byung-Shik Kim, "The Causal Relationship among Relationship Marketing Implement Factors, Satisfaction, Trust, Switching Costs, and Customer Loyalty in Commercial Sport Centers." Korean Journal of Sport Management, Vol. 12, No. 4, pp. 115-136, 2007.
- E. E. Turner, W. J. Rejeski, L. R. Brawley, "Psychological benefits of physical activity are influenced by the social environment." Journal of Sport & Exercise Psychology, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 119-130, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1123/jsep.19.2.119
- Myung-Hwan Yang, "The Relationship Between Participation Motivation for Exercise, Current of Exercise Participation and Persistence Intention in Work Population." Korean Society For The Study Of Physical Education, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp. 197-215, 2004.
- Dong-Won Kim, "Wheelchair tennis has ever fusion of classroom participation of the physically disabled basic psychological needs and exercise emotional and exercise commitment", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 15-23, 2015.
- Jang-Hwan Kim, Shin-Il Kim, Hwan-Suk Choi, "A Research into Sports Center Members' Expectancy Level of Physical Directors." The Korean Journal of Sports Sciences, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 113-124, 2005.
- Kyong-Sik Kim, Jeong-Soo Oh, "The effect of relationship quality on the commitment and adherence of participation at the commercial sports centers." The Korean Journal of Physical Education, Vol. 44, No. 6, pp. 94-104, 2004.