- Volume 14 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Physical activity, social support and participation of women knowledge about cervical cancer screening, the screening attitude multiplicative influence of cervical cancer screening
신체활동 참여 청년기 여성의 자궁경부암 검진에 대한 사회적지지, 지식과 태도가 검진 의도에 미치는 영향
- Ko, Yun-Hwa (Dept. of leader sport of life)
- 고연화 (공주대학교 생활체육지도학과)
- Received : 2015.07.22
- Accepted : 2016.07.20
- Published : 2016.07.28
The purpose of this study was to examine the psychological factors affecting cervical cancer screening intention focused on college women including graduate students. A total of 281 college women students were analyzed. The major results of this study indicate that positive attitude toward cervical cancer screening through social support(family and friend), doctor and nurse support were essential to improve cervical cancer screening intention of college women.
cervical cancer screening;social support;knowledge;attitudes toward cervical cancer screening;cervical cancer screening intention
Supported by : Kongju National University
- DOI: http://www.goodmorningcc.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=24156
- DOI: http://cmmlogos.org/board_xXMX58/1070
- DOI: http://cmmlogos.org/board_xXMX58/1095
- E. Laara, N.E. Day, M. Hakama, "Trends in mortality from cervical cancer in the nordic countries: Association with organised screening programmes", Lancet, No. 1, pp. 1247-1249, 1987.
- K. Sigurdsson, "Effect of organized screening on the risk of cervical cancer: Evaluation of screening activity in Iceland", International Jouranl of Cancer, Vol. 54, No. 4, pp. 563-570, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1002/ijc.2910540408
- G. U. Ko, D. H. Lee, Y. H. Lee, and H. S. Son, "A Study on Knowledge and Attitude about Uterine Cervical Screening and its Utilization among Women in a District of Busan City", The Korean Society of Maternal And Child Health, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 93-105, 2002.
- S. Y. Cho, "Consumer research for efficient cervical cancer preventive behavior campaign", Advertising Research, No. 91, pp. 348-377, 2011.
- H. W. Kim, and H. Y. Ahn, "Study on the Knowledge of Human Papilloma Virus in Female University Students", Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 13-20, 2007.
- K. A. Choi, J. H. Kim, K. S. Lee, J. K. Oh, S. N. Liu, and H. R. Shin, "Knowledge of human papillomavirus infection and acceptability of vaccination among adult women in Korea", Obstetrics & Gynecology Science, Vol. 51, No. 6, pp. 617-623, 2008.
- Y. K. Sohn, J. W. Lee, and J. Y. Jang, "Research of effects of persuasion of cervical cancer screening behaviors campaign: focused on mediator effect and control effect of optimistic prejudice", Advertising Research, No. 99, pp. 99-131, 2011.
- M. H. Kim, and S. H. Choi, "Effect of Nursing Intervention on the Knowledge, Health Beliefs, Self Efficacy and Rescreening Compliance of Cervical Cancer Screening Clients", Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 157-164, 2007.
- L. B. Snyer, "Development communication campaigns", In B. Gudykunst and B. Mody (Eds), Handbook of international and intercultural communication, Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage, pp. 457-478, 2002.
- E. C. Jung, and C. H. Jin, "Breast and Cervical Cancer Communication Channels and Screening Intention", Korean Jornal of Communication Studies, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 139-162, 2011.
- E. J. Ryu, O. H. Ahn, S. S. Baek, M. S. Jeon, S. E. Han, Y. R. Park, and M. Y. Ham, "Predictors of mammography uptake in Korean women aged 40 years and over", Journal of Advanced Nursing, Vol. 64, No. 2, pp. 168-175, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2008.04772.x
- P. M. Pauley, and C. Hesse, "The effects of social support, depression, and stress on drinking behaviors in a college student sample", Communication Studies, Vol. 60, No. 5, pp. 493-508, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1080/10510970903260335
- P. Butow, A. Coates, and S. Dunn, "Psychosocial predictors of survival: Metastatic beast cancer", Annual Oncology, No. 11, pp. 469-474, 1999.
- L. Ansmann, M. Wirtz, C. Kowalski, H. Pfaff, A. Visser, and N. Ernstmann, "The impact of the hospital work environment on social support from physicians in breast cancer care", Patient Education and Counseling, No. 96, pp. 352-360, 2014.
- L. F. Berkman, T. Glass, I. Brissette, and T.E. Seeman, "From social integration to health: Durkheim in the new millennium", Social Science and Medicine, No. 51, pp. 843-857, 2000.
- J. Holt-Lunstad, T. B. Smith, and J. B. Layton, "Social relationships and mortality risk: A meta-analytic review", PLoS Medicine, Vol. 7, No. 7, pp. 1-20, 2010.
- J. S. House, K.R. Landis, and D. Umberson, "Social relationships and health", Science, No. 241, pp. 540-545, 1988.
- A. Seow, J. Huang, and P. T. Straughan, "Effects of social support, regular physician and health-related attitudes on cervical cancer screening in an Asian population", Cancer Causes Control, No. 11, pp. 223-230, 2000.
- P. T. Straughan, and A. Seow, "Attitudes as barriers in breast screening: A prospective study among Singapore women", Social Science and Medicine, No. 51, pp. 1695-1703, 2000.
- W. T. Tan, K. Collie, K. Koopman, J. Azarwo, C. Classen, G. R. Morrow, B. Michel, E. Brennan-O'Neill, and D. Spiegel, "Breast cancer and problems with medical interactions: Relationship with traumatic stress, emotional self-efficacy, and social support", Psycho-Oncology, No. 14, pp. 318-330, 2005.
- S. Y. Lee, and E. C. Jung, "Examining influences of Social Support and Self-efficacy on Interpersonal and Media Cancer Communication Intention and Behavior", Speech and Communication, Vol. 16, pp. 214-243, 2011.
- L. W. Green, and M. W. Kresuter, "Health promotion planning: An educational and environmental approach", Mountain View, CA: Mayfield publishing, 1991.
- E. J. Oh, "Related Factors of Preventive Screening Behavior about Cervical Cancer in Married Woman", Master of Degree dissertation, Kosin University, 2006.
- S. J. Lee, and H. S. Park, "The Cause, Attitude and Preventive Health Behavior on the Occurrence of Cancer in Adults Observed in One Region", Koran Journal of Safety Education, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 93-116, 2013.
- K. H. Park, "Intention to Prostate cancer screening", Master Degree dissertation, Chungang University, 2009.
- H. K. Sohn, S. Gam, G. S. Park, J. R. Kim, R. B. Kim, and S. K. Park, "Action by stages and related factors about breast cancer early screening: focused on nation-cancer-early screening recipient", Journal of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, Vol. 42, No. 2, pp. 109-116, 2009. https://doi.org/10.3961/jpmph.2009.42.2.109
- G. S. Lee, Y. I. Kim, C. Y. Kim, and Y. S. Shin, "Application of the Theory of Planned Behavior and the Theory of Reasoned Action to Predicting Cervix Cancer Screening Behavior", Journal of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, Vol. 34, No. 4, pp. 379-388, 2001.
- G. Berglund, G. Nilsson, and K. Nordin, "Intention to test for prostate cancer", European Journal of Cancer, Vol. 47, No. 7, pp. 990-997, 2005.
- L. W. Green, and C. L. Anderson, "Community Health", Times Mirrow/Mosby College Publishing, 1986.
- F. T. Obedina, D. Yu, and T. O. Akinremi, R. R. Reams, M. L. Freedman, and N. Kumar, "Prostate cancer cognitive behavioral factors in a West African population", Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 258-267, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10903-008-9212-9
- I. Ajzen, and M. Fishbein, "Understanding attitudes and predicting social behavior", Englewood Cliffs, NI: Prentice-Hall, 1980.
- K. Kuitto, S. Pickel, H. Neumann, D. Jahn, and H. Metelmann, "Attitudinal and socio-structural determinants of cervical cancer screening and HPV vaccination uptake: A quantitative multivariate analysis", Journal of Public Health, No. 18, pp. 179-188, 2010.
- R. Kolutek, K. A. Avci, and U. Sevig, "The effects of scheduled observation at home on health beliefs related to breast and cervical cancer screening and attitudes of married women", European Journal of Oncology Nursing, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 25, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1188/14.CJON.S2.25-26
- Y. J. Kwon, and E. Y. Na, "A Study on the Effects of the Credibility of Message Source and Rational/Emotional MessageTypes on Social Support, Attitudes, and the Intention of Health-related Behavior: Focused on the Answers of Doctors and General Public in the Internet Health Search Engine", Korean Journal of Journalism & Communication Studies, Vol. 55, No. 5, pp. 128-157, 2011.
- J. K. Jin, P. B. Choi, B. J. Kim, and M. C. Lee, "Review on the physical activity for cancer prevention", Journal of Coaching Development, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 3-12, 2008.
- G. D. Zimet, N. M. Dahlem, S. G. Zimet, and G. K. Farley, "The multidimensional scale of perceived social support", Journal of Personality Assessment, No. 52, pp. 30-41, 1988.
- S. G. Yang, "The Relationship between Coping Strategies, Social Support, and Post-traumatic Stress Symptom in Patients with Breast Cancer", Master of Degree dissertation, 2012.
- S. H. Jeon, "A Study on University Women's Prevention Behaviors against Breast Cancer: Focused on Health Belief, Self-Efficacy, and Social Support", Media and Performance Art Research, Vol. 8, No. 3, pp. 102-124, 2013.
- J. A. Lee, M. D. Park, J. H. Shin, A. S. Sohn, and M. O. Kim, "Middle Age Women's Health Actual Condition Investigation and Research", Jeon-nam University of Medical School, 2000.
- T. M. Song, and K. S. Kim, "Structural Equation Modeling for Health & Welfare Research", Han Narae Academy, 2012.
- U. C. Jung, "Exploratory research on cancer communication: Focusing on effects of social support, self-efficacy, communication competency", Health Communication Research, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 123-152, 2011.
- C. H. Linda, A. B. Bernstein, and L. G. Kessler, "Cervical cancer screening: Who not screened and why", American Journal of Public Health, Vol. 81, No. 7, pp. 885-890, 1991. https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.81.7.885
- V. Nathoo, "Investigation of non-responders at a cervical cancer screening clinic in manchester", British Medical Journal, No. 296, pp. 104-1042, 1980.
- Hyea-Kyung Lee, Eun-Hee Shin, Yeon-Kyung Kim, "Converged Influencing Factors on the Stages of Change of Exercise in Middle Aged Women", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp. 187-197, 2015.
- Kyoung-A Chung, Ji-Hyun Cho, "Differences between Major Satisfaction, University Life Adjustment, Self-Esteem and Career Identity according to the Time of Department Selection of Students in the Department of Occupational Therapy at One University", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp. 143-155, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.5.143