- Volume 14 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Research on the Attributions of Digital Game Using AHP
AHP를 활용한 디지털 게임의 속성에 관한 연구
- Kwon, Yong-Man (Dept. of Computer Engineering, Gachon University)
- 권용만 (가천대학교 컴퓨터공학과)
- Received : 2016.06.02
- Accepted : 2016.07.20
- Published : 2016.07.28
Since the game is industrialized in the 1970s, efforts to study attributions throughout the definition of the game has been continued. This study analyzed the importance of 7 attributions including rule, goal, conflict, activity, decision-making, voluntary, art that were collectively organized by Katie Salen & Eric Zimmerman using AHP. For this, we analyzed the data after subjected to pair-wise comparison survey through the gaming industry experts, and the result was confirmed that match the analysis model comparing with the survey of game players. In this analysis of the importance, Goal(24%) is the greatest important in the seven factors mentioned above. Art(16%),Voluntary(15%), Rule(13%) followed after it. So, We can find out which attributes are considered important in the game development process through this Research.
AHP;Analytic Hierarchy Process;Digital Game;Attribution;evaluation
- Korea Entertainment System Industry Association, "A Study on the Master Plan for the Development of the Computer Game Industry", ETRI & KESA, pp. 35-39, 1998.
- Yong Man Kwon, "A Study on the evolution of Game Business Strategy", Journal of the Korean Society for Computer Game, Vol. 18, pp.3-10, 2009.
- Jong Hyun Wi, "Business Strategy of Online Game", pp. 14-19, Jeumedia, 2006.
- Korea Culture & Tourism Institute, " 2014 Investigative Report of Public Entertainment Activities", pp. 27-28, 2014.
- In-su Kim, Hyung-Won Jung, Tae-Gyu Kim, "Study on fun factor in Smartphone Convergency Game-focusing on the defense and plunder", Journal of Digital Convergency, Vol. 13, No. 7, pp. 367-372, 2015.
- Tae-Gyu Kim, Seuc-Ho Ryu, Byung-pyo Kyung, wan-Bok Lee, Dong-Lyeor Lee, "Study on Social Function Factor in SNG", Journal of the Korean Society for Computer Game, Vol 21, pp. 185-191, 2010.
- Tae-Gyu Kim, Secu-Ho Ryu, Byung-Pyo Kyung, Wan-Bok Lee, "Social Network Games(SNG) to concentrate on the Analysis of Causes", Journal of Convergency, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 445-453, 2012.
- Johann Huizinga, "Homo Ludens : A Study of the Play Element in Culture", Boston Beacon Press, pp. 13, 1955.
- Roger Caillois, "Man, Play and Games", Trans. by Meyer Barash, University of Illinois Press, pp. 9-10, 2001.
- Clark C. Abt, "Serious Games", New York : Viking Press, pp. 6, 1970.
- Elliott Avedon & Brian Sutton-Smith, "The Study of Games", New York: John Wiley & Sons, pp. 405, 1971.
- Chris Crawford, "The Art of Computer Game Design", http://vancouver.wsu.edu/fac/peabody/game-book/Coverpage.html, 1984.
- Bernard Suits, "Grasshopper: Games, Life and Utopia", Boston: David R. Godine, pp. 34, 1990.
- Greg Costikyan, "I have No Word and I Must Design, Interactive Fantasy#32", http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/2535/nowords.html, 1994.
- David Parlett, "The Oxford History of Board Games", Oxford University Press, pp. 1, 1991.
- katie Salen & Eric Zimmerman, "Rules of Play: Game design Fundamentals", The MIT Press, pp. 71-83, 2003.
- Il-Kyung Kwon, Sang-yong Lee, "Evaluation of AHP-Based Mobile MMORPG Game Interface Usability", Journal of Convergency, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 255-261, 2015.
- Satty T. L., "The Analytic Hierarchy Process", Mcgraw-Hill : New York, 1980.
- Aczel J. & Satty T. L., "Procedures for Synthesizing Ratio Scale Judgement", Journal of Mathematical Psychology, pp. 27, 1983.
- Zihir m. s., "Incorporating the Uncertainty of Decision Judgement in the Analytic Hierarchy Process", European Journal of Operation Research, Vol. 53, 1991.
- Choong soo Lee, "Evaluation Model of On-line Game using Analytic Hierarchy Process", The e-business Studies, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 109-127, 2008. https://doi.org/10.15719/geba.9.3.200809.109