- Volume 14 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Outlook of the game acceptance and application in the animation, Wreck-It Ralph - Focusing on Intermediality relation -
애니메이션<주먹왕 랄프>에서 게임의 수용과 적용양상 -상호매체성 관계를 중심으로-
- Lim, Yong-Seob (Dept. of Cartoon & Animation, Sehan University)
- 임용섭 (세한대학교 만화애니메이션학과)
- Received : 2016.06.06
- Accepted : 2016.07.20
- Published : 2016.07.28
Wreck-it Ralph is the new genre of animation combining with totally different media, games. Hence, how the game, Fix it Felix, Jr. was digested in the animation to interact each other was reviewed in this article. Upon the review, Wreck-it Ralph did not refer to the images and narration structure of Fix it Felix, Jr. but to the specific motives of the game, which is referring to Intermedial individuals in making Intermedial relations. Wreck-it Ralph is the first animation to refer to the motives of the game and have the Intermedial relation with animation. In addition, it has the meanings enough to be analyzed, so we reviewed its Intermedial relation with Rajewsky's analysis frame in this article.
Intermediality;Rajewsky;Medial combination;Medial conversion;Intermedial relationship matching;intermedial individual reference
Supported by : Sehan University
- Bolter, J. D. 'Transference and transparency': Digital technology and the remediation of cinema. Intermedialites: Histoire et theorie des arts, des lettres et des techniques Intermediality:/History and Theory of the Arts. Literature and Technologies, Vol 6, pp. 13-26, 2005.
- Dong-Yeol Jeon, 'Intermediality as semantic category'. German Lecture, Vol 51, No. 3, pp. 251-273. 2010,
- E-Sac Gwak, 'Analysis of Intertextuality Cases in Games and Animations through "Pixels"', Journal of Korea Game Society Apr; Vol 14, No 2, pp. 45-54, 2014.
- McLuhan, M. & Lapham, L. H.. 'Understanding Media': The Extensions of Man. Massachusetts: MIT, 1994.
- Rajewsky, I. O. "Intermediality, intertextuality, and remediation: A literary perspective on intermediality", History and Theory of the Arts Literature and Technologies, No 6, pp. 43-64, 2005.
- Yong-Seob Lim, "Acceptability and Applicability of Cultural Originality in Korean Animation", PhD Thesis in Hong Ik University, 2015.
- Bok-Hang Cho, "Intermediality of musical and hybridism aesthetics", Kyung In Cultural Press, August 29, 2014.
- Bolter, J. D., Grusin, R., & Grusin, R. A. (2000). 'Remadiation',(Jae Hyeon Lee). Seoul: Communication Book, 2008.
- Mersch Dieter, translated by Culturology Study Group, "Media Theory", Yonsei University Press, March 29, 2010.
- Chang-Jun Jeong, "A Study on the Advertising Creative Based on the Technology Convergence", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 235-241, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.4.235
- Ho-Jin Song, Eui-Tae Jeong, "A Study on the utilizing parody and pastiche in Contemporary Art Works", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 201-212, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.6.201