- Volume 14 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
An analysis on the Structural relationship between Parents-Child Communication and Child's problematic behavior Depending on the Elementary School Student's Participation in a Sport activity after School class
초등학생의 방과 후 스포츠 활동 참여에 따른 부모자녀 간 의사소통과 문제행동의 구조적 분석
- Chang, Bong-Woo (Dept. of Physical Education, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Kim, Jae-Yeon (Dept. of Physical Education, Chungbuk National University)
- Received : 2016.05.10
- Accepted : 2016.07.20
- Published : 2016.07.28
This study aims to analyze how parents and their children participating in sports after school hours positively affects their communication and behavior based on the stratified sampling of 189 students (fifth and sixth graders) in Cheongju city C-province. The result from the exploratory factor and the structural analysis using SPSS18.0 showed that participating in sports improved parent-child communication including increasing their motivation, self-confidence, and self-esteem, and reducing children's problematic behavior such as anxiety, feeling insecure, insubordination, and aggressiveness. In order to improve the children's mental health, it would be essential to set various programs of after school sports and more importantly validate its quality.
Sport Activity After School;Parents-Child Communication;Problematic Behavior;The structural analysis;The exploratory factor analysis;The confirmatory factor analysis
Supported by : 충북대학교
- Dong Kyu Kim , Tae Jin Jung ," The Significance and Application of Advanced Intramurals sport". Philosophy of Movement, Vol.13, No.1, pp.85-98, 2005.
- Jin Ju Kim, "Analysis of the Structural Relationship among Stress, Parent-Adolescent Communication, Depression and Suicidal Behavior of Adolescent", Ph.D. dissertation, p.21, Donga University, 2011.
- Myung Soon Lee , "The mediating effects of children's empathy ability and self-resilience between parent-child communication and school adjustment of children",Ph.D. dissertation, p.37-45, Donga University, 2012.
- Jih Yeon Mo, " Influence of parent's participation in sports on communication and youth delinquency", Master's thesis, p.24, Dankook University, 2011.
- Ju Song Lee, " Differences in resilience and potential misdemeanor according to the participation of after-school sports activities in middle school students", Master's thesis, p.15, Silla University, 2012.
- Hwa Jeong Chae , " (The) result that mediation in sports program of juvenile delinquency affects self-control and attackable inclination", Master's thesis, p.19, Korea University, 2011.
- Yun Hui Sin , "Investigation on Correlated Factors of Challenging Behaviors in Elementary School Children", Ph.D. dissertation,p.11, Daegu National University, 2008.
- In-kyung Kim, " Relationships among Stress, Problem Behavior and School Life Adaptation of Elementary School Students ", Master's thesis,p.37, Gangwon National University, 2010.
- Hak Sik Lee, JI-Hun, Lim, "Structural equation modeling with AMOS 18.0/19.0", Jibhyenjun, 2011.
- Jin Hyeok An, " (The) Effect of Teenagers & Parents' Sports Participation on Communication and Family Cohesion", Master's thesis,p.33, Chungnam National University, 2010.
- Kwan Do Park, (Jong Man Choi, Jae Yeon Kim, Seung Young Oh, "Leisure activity participation of children and parents, according to a middle school student of sports communication and relations between the school life adjustment", (Journal of Korean Society for the Study of Physical Education, Vol.18, No.4, pp.71-82, 2014.
- Yong Seong Song, " The influence of youths' participation in sport activities on the mental health and misdeeds", Ph.D. dissertation, p.48, Chosun University, 2005.
- Young Jin Yun , Ji Hang Lee , "Effects of exercise ParticiPation on the Level of Stress and coping behavior among children", Korean Society of Sport Psychology, Vol.19, No.2,pp.81-95, 2008.
- Han Yeol Lee, "(The) study on the stress of the elementary school students", Master's thesis, p.27-33, Kyung Hee University, 2010.
- Dong Jun Kim, " Relationship among Adolescence's Sports Participation, Internet game Addiction and Aggression", Master's thesis,p.37, Dankook University, 2011.
- Seung-Bun Hong, "The Effects of Stimulus Velocity and Skill Levels on Anticipation Timing Performance of Passing", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 249-255, 2015.
- Dong-Won Kim, "Wheelchair tennis has ever fusion of classroom participation of the physically disabled basic psychological needs and exercise emotional and exercise commitment", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 15-23, 2015.