- Volume 14 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Customizing feature analysis for super mario maker
슈퍼마리오 메이커의 커스터마이징 특징 분석
- Park, Sang-Tae (Dept. of Game & Motion Picture Media Graduate school of Fusion Culture-Technology Woosong University) ;
- Sohn, Jong-Nam (Dept. of Game Multimedia, Woosong University) ;
- Lee, Chang-Jo (Dept. of Game Multimedia, Woosong University)
- Received : 2016.05.09
- Accepted : 2016.07.20
- Published : 2016.07.28
While a game market has been growing consistently world widely, a market of arcade or video game has been detained. In this stagnation, the latest one in 2015, "Super Mario Maker" of Mario series that's been running in good for 30 years, the notable sale and growth of which are extraordinary. As for a study in customizing, a literature of game customizing and studies that are foregone were mostly handling contents about a game character. In the survey that's done in this thesis about knowledge and needs in customizinge game users have, it was shown they want to customize sides of a rule and a character. I analyzed what the main factors are in this game which uses a main concept of customizing and the reason for high profits and popularity. As a result of the analysis, four features, possibility to customize a game rule, share data among users, collaboration in marketing with NFC figure characters, offering updates with sustained and new customizing features were found out. I am certain a game customizing will be helping to meet users and be used for various industries without limit of existing character.
- Game dong-a, 'sector 4 of game industry crisis report : the game world expect', 2014, - http://game.donga.com/75703/
- Sukho-Jung, 'Character Customizing System Based on Physiognomy', KCGS., Vol.10, No.6, pp3-14, 2010
- Eun-ji Kim, Su-jin Park, 'A Study on GUI Design of Online Game Character Customizing', KMMS, Vol.14, No.2 ,pp307-317, 2011
- soo-hyun Song, 'analysis on the relation between MMORPG [Aion] player types and character customizing', 2009.
- jung-hwa Yang, 'Customization of the graphical user interface', 2005
- Yong-han Kim, 'nintendo story', korea economy newspaper, pp103-113, 2009
- GamesEncyclopedia, 'the game saved nintendo : donkey kong'-http://navercast.naver.com/contents.nhn?rid=2885&contents_id=15167
- kocca, Japanesecontents industrytrends (2015. 13th)
- WikiEncyclopedia, 'Mario'-https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/mario
- Se-yeon No, 'trend and study report 'Nintendo Wii U', KOTRA, 2011
- hyuk-jin Jung, thisisgame, 2015, - http://www.thisisgame.com/webzine/news/nboard/4/?n=60123
- soon-tae kwon, 'Study on Advertising Communication with using NFC', 2013
- Nintendoof Japanofficial website, Amibo type,- https://www.nintendo.co.jp/amiibo/lineup/index.html
- UKpublic broadcaster BBC news, 'Nintendo's sales jump in first half of its fiscal year' 2015, - http://www.bbc.com/news/business-34655055
- yoo-jin Jung, 'planning theory of jung', hanbit media., pp240-242, 2003
- Dong-Hyuk Yang, Soo-Kyun Kim, "The Design of 2D Side-Scrolling Casual Games in a Multi-platform Environment", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 147-152, 2015.
- Kyoung-Nam Kim, Myoun-Jae Lee, DaeYoung Kim, "A Study on Development Methods of Serious Game", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 21-26, 2011.