- Volume 14 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Path Analysis of Variables Influencing convergence-based Safer Sexual Behavior of Early Adults
초기 성인기 대학생의 융복합 기반 안전한 성행동 경로모형
- Seo, Young-Sook (Department of Nursing, Daegu Health College) ;
- Kwon, Young-Chae (Department of Nursing, Kaya University)
- Received : 2016.05.31
- Accepted : 2016.07.20
- Published : 2016.07.28
The purpose of this study was to understand self-esteem, sexual communication for parents, sexual assertiveness, and safer sexual behavior and. to examine the mediating effects of the sexual assertiveness on the safer sexual behavior of early adults. A structured questionnaire was completed by 291 university students from March 1 to April 31, 2016. Data were analyzed to calculate the direct and indirect effects of factors affecting safer sexual behavior using SPSS WIN 21.0 and AMOS 18.0 programs. Final model fit indices were RMSEA .05, GFI .98, AGFI .94, NFI .96, and self-esteem, sexual communication for parents showed a direct effect on sexual assertiveness and safer sexual behavior of university students. Sexual assertiveness mediated the relationships among self-esteem, sexual communication for parents, and safer sexual behavior. Furthermore, it is shown that the sexual assertiveness significantly mediates the relation between the positive self-esteem, sexual open communication for parents and safer sexual behavior of early adults.
- G. Y. Lee, I. O. Sim, "Factors affecting sexual experiences of freshmen in college, Health and Social Science", Vol.34, pp.159-182, 2013.
- M. H. Nam, J. M. Kim, "The influence of internet addiction on health behavior, sexual behavior and mental health of college student," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.12, No.4, pp.367-378, 2014.
- H. J. Kim, M. J. Sim, "Adolescent attitude towards sexual consciousness and intimate relationships according to internet pornography contact", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.12, No.5, pp.367-376, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.5.367
- K. R. Shin, H. J. Park, K. E. Bae, C. Y. Ha, "Sexual behavior, health risk behaviors related to reproductive health, and sexual experiences among korean college students", Journal of Academy Adult Nursing, Vol.22, No.6, pp.324-633, 2010.
- S. J. Kim, S. T. Moon, H. S. Kang, "Factors influencing sexual behaviors of college students", Korean Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing Academic Society", Vol.20, No4, pp.434-443, 201 https://doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2011.20.4.434
- S. R. Hong, Y. J. Jung, "Mediating effects of relationship satisfactions on the relationships among self-esteem, internet pornography addiction, and sexual behavior in male and female freshmen", Journal of Korean Home Management Association, Vol.30, No.3, pp.69-80, 2012.
- M. Y. Chang, "Nursing Student's perceptions of barriers on sexuality : Sexuality attitudes and beliefs survey," Journal of Digital Policy & Management, Vol.12, No.6, pp.355-363, 2014.
- Y. G. Kim, M. S. Park, "The research of college students' sexual culture in convergence ages", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.14, No.4, pp.295-301, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.4.295
- Y. H. Kim, G. Y. Cho, "Effects of sexual autonomy, sexual assertiveness, sexual subjectivity on sexual behaviors among university students, Studies on Education of Fisheries and Marine Sciences", Vol.26, No.6, pp.1332-1341, 2014. https://doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2014.26.6.1332
- J. H. Lee, D. 5Y. Shim, M. O. Yang, H. S. Kim, "The effects of sexual behavior and self-esteem on homophobia among korean college students", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.13, No.1, pp.543-553, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.1.543
- J. H. Lee, J. H. Lee, "Convergence study on health risk behavior among Korean college students: Seoul vs. non-seoul area," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.11, No.6, pp.11-21, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.6.011
- J. H. Joo, H. I. Kim, "Exploration of relationship among Korean adolescents' sexual orientations, exposure to internet pornography and sexual behaviors after exposure: focused on PLS path modeling a15nalysis," Journal of Digital Policy & Management, Vol.13, No.5, pp.345-356, 2013. 85
- J. H. Park, T. H. Kim, "A study on sexual behavior among university students", Journal of Family Relations, Vol.10, No.1, pp.75-101, 2005.
- Rosenberg M. Conceiving the self. New York: Basic Books; 1979.
- B. M. Kim, J. S. Park, "Relationships among parent-child communication, self-esteem and sexual assertiveness for male and female university students": gender difference, Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, Vol.21, No.1, pp.11-22, 2015. https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2015.21.1.11
- H. J. Kim, "Female adolescents' sexual assertiveness types Q methodology", Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, Vol.21, No.4, pp.272-283, 2015. https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2015.21.4.272
- J. Y. Lee, E. S. Lee, "Development and validation of the korea sexual self-assertiveness scale for female", Korea Journal of Counseling, Vol.7, No.1, pp.47-62, 2006.
- "Ministry of Education and Human Resources. Sexual issues to be resolved with concerted effort [Internet]". Seoul: Ministry of Education and Human Resources; 2001 [cited 2001 May 29]. Available from: http://library.moe.go.kr.
- Y. H .Kim, S. T. Moon, H. S. Kang, "Factors Influencing on Sexual Assertiveness of College Students", Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, Vol.19, No.3, pp.166-175, 2013. https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2013.19.3.166
- C. Dilorio, M. Parsons, S. Lehr, D .Adame, J. Carlone, "Measurement of safe sex behavior in adolescents and young adults", Nursing Research, Vol.41, No.4, pp.203-208, 1992.
- M. K. Hutchinson, T. M. Cooney, "Patterns of parent-teen sexual risk communication": Implications for intervention, Family Relations, Vol.47, No.2, pp.185-194, 1998, https://doi.org/10.2307/585623
- P. J. Morokoff, K. Quina, L. L. Harlow, L. Whitmire, D. M. Grimley, P. R. Gibson, G. J. Burkholder, "Sexual assertiveness scale for women: Development and validation", Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol.73, No.4, pp.790-804, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-3522.214.171.1240
- E. S. Lee, H. S. Kang, "A study on university students' gender role stereotype, sexual assertiveness, sexual assault recognition, sexual violence permissiveness and sexual violence experience in dating", Journal of East-West Nursing Research, Vol.20, No.1, pp.48-56, 2014.
- Y. Siyan, C. P. Krishna, Y. Junko, H. P. Paula, Y. Songky, J. Masamine, "Role of risk and protective factors in risky sexual behavior among high school students in Cambodia", BioMedCentral Public Health, Vol.10, No.477, pp.471-2458, 2010.
- A. C. Chen, E. A. Thompson, D. Morrison-Beedy, "Multi-system influences on adolescent risky sexual behavior", Research in Nursing & Health, Vol.33, No.6, pp.512-527, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1002/nur.20409
- M. H. Hur, H. Y. .Ahn, E. A. Kwak, K. M. Kim, J. Y. Park, J. I. R. Lee, "A study on sexual behavior, and correlation between knowledge of contraception and attitude of contraception among university students", Journal Korean Academy Nursing, Vol.37, No.3, pp.267-275, 2007. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2007.37.3.267
- M. O. Kim, "Factors that influencing sexual behavior in nursing students", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol.14, No.8, pp.3876-3886, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.8.3876