- Volume 14 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Relationships among Information Resources Use, Problem Solving Ability, Nursing Information Literacy Competency in General Hospital Nurses
종합병원 간호사의 정보자원이용, 문제해결능력, 간호정보활용역량의 관계
- Ha, Yeong-Mi (College of Nursing & Institute of Health Sciences, Gyeongsang National University) ;
- Cho, Jeong-Eui (Goebung Baik Hospital) ;
- Yang, Seung-Kyoung (Department of Nursing, Jinju Health College)
- Received : 2016.05.23
- Accepted : 2016.07.20
- Published : 2016.07.28
The purpose of this study was to examine relationships among information resources use, problem solving ability, nursing information literacy competency in general hospital nurses. The descriptive correlational study design was used. The data were collected from 141 nurses working in the two general hospital located G city using self-reported questionnaires. Data were analyzed using SPSS statistics 20.0 program. As results of multiple regression analysis, the factors affecting nursing information literacy competency were problem solving ability and electronic information resources use. And this model could explain 38.0%(F=43.73, p<.001). Considering the findings from this study, nurses need to develop problem solving ability and electronic information resources use improvement program for them.
Nurse;Nursing information literacy competency;Descriptive correlational study;Information resources use;Problem solving ability
- Association of College and Research Libraries. Information literacy competency standard for higher education. 2000. DOI: http://www.ala.org/acrl/sites/ ala.org.acrl/files/content/standards/standards.pdf
- J. Yi, M. Park, "Nurses' access & use of information resources and barriers & competency of evidence based practice." Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, Vol. 23, No. 3, pp. 255-266, 2011.
- K. C. Lim, K. O. Park, J. S. Kwon, J. S. Jeong, M. A. Choe, J. H. Kim, K. S. Lee, "Registered nurses' knowledge, attitudes, and practice about evidence-based practice at general hospitals in korea." Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 375-387, 2011.
- Royal College of Nursing, RCN competences: finding, using, and managing information, DOI:https://www.rcn.org.uk/professional-development/publications/pub-003847
- Association of College and Research Libraries, Information literacy competency standard for nursing. DOI: http://www.ala.org/acrl/standards/nursing
- Technology Informatics Guiding Education Reform, The TIGER initiative information competencies for every practicing nurse: recommendations from the TIGER collaborative http://wwwthetigerinitiative.org/docs/TigerReport_InformaticsCompetencies.pdf
- H. J. Lee, "Relationships among information resources use, information literacy competency and evidence-based practice in university hospital nurses." Master thesis, p.1-53, Gyeongsang University, 2015.
- C. Thompson, N. Callum, D. MaCaughan, T. Sheldon, P. Raynor, "Nurses, inforation use, and clinical decision making: The real world potential for evidence-based decisions in nursing." Evidencce Based Nursing, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp.68-72, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1136/ebn.7.3.68
- H. S. Park, "A study on accessibility, usefulness, barriers of evidence based nursing of clinical nurse." Master thesis, p.19-20, Keimyung University, 2005.
- C. Thompson, "Clinical experience as evidence in evidence-based practice." Journal of Advanced Nursing, Vol. 43, No. 3, pp.230-237, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2648.2003.02705.x
- P. Heppner, C. Petersen, "The development and implications of a personal problem solving inventory." Journal of Counseling Psychology, Vol. 29, pp.66-75, 1982. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-0184.108.40.206
- F. Terzioglu, "The perceived problem-solving ability of nurse managers." Journal of Nursing Management, Vol. 14, No. 5, pp.340-347, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2934.2006.00551.x
- K. R. Shin, J. W. Hwang, S. J. Shin, "Concept analysis on the clinical critical thinking ability in nursing." Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, Vol. 20, No. 5, pp.707-718, 2008.
- Y. H. Kim, K. S. Jang, "Effect of a simulation-based education on cardiopulmonary emergency care knowledge, clinical performance ability and problem solving process in new nurses." Journal of Korean Academay of Nursing Vol. 41, No. 2, pp. 245-255, 2011. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2011.41.2.245
- S. J. Lee, K. S. Jang, "The effects of action learning on nurses' problem solving communication, emotional creativity and innovation behavior." The Korean Journal of Health Service Management, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 73-87, 2014. https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2014.8.2.073
- Y. J. Son, S. H. Kim, Y. S. Park, S. K. Lee, Y. M. Lee, "The influence of information retrieval skill on evidence based practice competency in clinical nurses." Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, Vol. 24, No. 6, pp.635-646, 2012. https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2012.24.6.635
- S. K. Chun, A study on the effectiveness of social skills training program for rehabilitation of the schizophrenic patients, Ph.D. dissertation, p.87-108, Soongsil University, 1995.
- M. J. Jo, "Development and Validation of Nursing Information Literacy Competency for Hospital Nurses." Master thesis, p.80-81, Gyeongsang Universeity, 2016.
- J. Y. Yoo, E. G. Oh, "Level of beliefs, knowledge and performance for evidence-based practice among nurses experienced in preceptor role." Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp.202-212, 2012. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2012.18.2.202
- H. S. Kim, "The survey on the influence of clinical nurse's critical thinking disposition, problem-solving skill and self efficacy on patient safety competencies." Master thesis, p.23-24, Sahmyook University, 2015.
- P. P. Heppner, C. J. Krauskopf, "An information processing approach to personal problem solving." The Counseling Psychologist, Vol. 15, pp.371-447, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1177/0011000087153001
- S. Yang, G. J. Lee, S. Y. Lee, "Self evaluative awareness of problem solving ability between psychiatric mental health nurse practitioners and registered nurse working in psychiatirc wards." Journal of Korean Academy Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp.260-269, 2006.
- J. K. Kim, Y. S. Jeong, C. S. Oh, J. S. Kim, "Study of information security management model in public institution." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp.43-50, 2013.
- D. J. Jeon, J. H. Jeong, A case study of privacy impact assessment-focus on K hospital privacy impact assessment. Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 10, No. 8, pp. 149-157, 2012.
- Y. Y. Kim, S. S. Shin, A study on reliable electronic medical record systems. Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 193-200, 2012.
- K. H. Lee, "A measures to converge manage an efficient information security management system for information security experts manpower." Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 81-86, 2014. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2014.5.4.081
- M. S. Yim, "Development of measures of information security policy effectiveness to maximize the convergence security", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp.27-32, 2014. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2014.5.4.027
- H. R. Choi, D. S. Cho, "Influence of nurses' performance with critical thinking and problem solving process." Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp.265-274, 2011. https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2011.17.3.265
- M. R. Eom, H. S. Kim, E. K. Kim, S. K. Yang, "Effect of teaching method using standardized patients on nursing competence subcutaneous injection, self-directed learning readiness and problem solving ability." Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 40, No. 2, pp.151-160, 2010. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2010.40.2.151
- S. H. Yu, J. H. Kang, "Correlation between critical thinking ability and disposition of university nursing students for the development of convergence." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 6, pp.197-203, 2015.