- Volume 14 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
The Convergence Influence of Life Stress, Depression and Ego Resiliency on College Life Adaptation in Nursing Students
간호대학생의 생활스트레스, 우울, 자아탄력성이 대학생활적응에 미치는 융복합적 연구
- Jung, Hye-Yun (Gyeongsang National University)
- 정혜윤 (경상대학교)
- Received : 2016.05.19
- Accepted : 2016.07.20
- Published : 2016.07.28
This study investigates convergent influence on college life adaptation and its association with life stress, depression and ego resiliency among of nursing students. The data of life stress, depression and ego resiliency on college life adaptation was collected for the nursing students of G city from Dec. 5th 2015 to Feb. 8th 2016. There was a significant difference in life stress, college life adaptation according to club experience and grade level, depression according to best friend and ego resiliency according to satisfaction with major. Adaptation to college life was negatively correlated with life stress and it was positively correlated with ego resiliency. Life stress and ego resiliency is a significant predictor of college life adaptation in nursing students. Their explanatory power was 32.9%. In order to help nursing college students to adapt to college life well, it will be necessary to provide the intervention to decrease the degree of life stress and to the improvement convergence program on ego resiliency.
Life stress;Depression;Ego resiliency;College Life Adaptation;Nursing Students;Convergence
- M. K. Kim, "Relationship on depression and suicide ideation of university students-the mediating effects of negative emotion and social adaptation", The Jounal of Youth Studies Research, Vol. 18, No. 12, pp. 101-129, 2011.
- M. E. Fassl, J. G. Tubman, "The influence of parental and peer attachment on college students' academic achievement", Jounal of Psychology in the Schools, Vol. 39, No. 5, 561-573, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1002/pits.10050
- J. J. Youn, K. E. Kim, " Undergraduate student's extraversion, openness to experience, creativity and school adjustment", The Mediating Role of Creativity Korean J Community Living Science, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 117-128, 2011.
- E. K. Kwon, "Psychological Characteristics of College St, Work Values, and Effect Relationship between Adjustment to Colleger", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 10, No. 6, pp. 171-179. 2012.
- S. J. Han, S. H. Lee, "A Study on Structural Relations among the Social Support, Self-Esteem, and College Life Adjustment of College Students Participating in Convergence Leisure Sports Activities", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 8, pp. 515-523. 2015.
- Y. E. Cha, "Students Characterization Report", The Journal of Sogang University Student Counseling Center, Vol. 8, pp. 47-68. 2015.
- Seoul University Center For Campus Life And Culture Institute, "Students Characterization Report", The Journal of Campus Life And Culture Institute, 2015.
- M.. R. Lee, M. H. Nam, "Interpersonal Relationship and the Influencing Factors in Nursing Students ", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 1, No. 6, pp. 509-517. 2014.
- J. H. Kim, " A Study about Cultural Sensitivity and Stereotype about Immigrant Women among Nursing Students", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 7, pp. 305-314. 2014.
- N. M. Kim, S. S. Kim, "Mediation Effects of Social Support and Resilience between Life Stress and Psychological Well-Being Among Korean College Students", Journal of Korean Counseling Association, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 1125-1144, 2013. https://doi.org/10.15703/kjc.14.2.201304.1125
- E. S. Jung, H. J. Park, "Effects on stress degree, study attitude, sleeping hours by intake degree of caffeinated drinks", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 353-361. 2014.
- M. K. Jeon, M. S. Kim, "A Study on relationships among Parent-adolescent communication, Self Differentiation, Self Esteem, Life Stress in Nursing department students", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 293-302. 2013.
- K. H. Park, Y. S. Hah, "Depression, Self-efficacy, Life Satisfaction and Coping Behaviors of University Students", The Korean Journal of Stress Research, Vol. 15, pp. 17-25. 2007.
- M. Y. Choi, "Symptoms, depression, and coping behaviors of university students", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 33, pp. 433-439, 2003. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2003.33.3.433
- Ministry of Health and Welfare, " Child and Youth Policy Guidelines, Seoul", Ministry Gender Equallity and Familly Republic of Korea, 2014.
- T. H. Ha, H. K. Back, " A Study on the Development and Effectiveness of Mind Healing Program for University Students Based on Reality Therapy", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 293-302. 2013.
- M. K. Chon, M. S. Kim, "A Study on relationships among Parent-adolescent communication, Self Differentiation, Self Esteem, Life Stress in Nursing department students", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 293-302. 2013.
- M. S. Chung, "Relations on Self-esteem, Empathy and Interpersonal Relationship for Reinforcing Competence in Communication of Nursing Students", The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 332-340, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.2.332
- Y. K. Kawg, "Effect of Self-Esteem, Ego-Resilience, Social Support on Nursing student's Adjustment to College. Journal of the Korea Academia Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 14, No. 5, pp. 2178-2186, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.5.2178
- J. W. Lee, Y. S. Eo, "Effect of Clinical stress and stress coping on College adjustment in Nursing students", The Korean Journal of Health Service Management, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 125-134, 2013.
- S. Y. Yun, S. H. Min, "Influence of Ego-resilience and Spiritual well-being on College adjustment in major of Nursing Student", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 12, pp. 398-403, 2014.
- H. J. Yang, "Interaction effect between daily hassles and self-esteem on adjustment to collage", Unpublished master's thesis, Yonsei Graduate School, 2003.
- J. W. Seo, Y. S. Moon, H. L. Jo, " A Predictive Model of Health Promotion Behavior in Nursing Students", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 10, pp. 391-403. 2014.
- J. H. Ha, H. L. Jo, "The relationships amongs perfectionsm, stress, the ways of stress coping, self-efficacy, college adjustment", Journal of Korean Counseling Association, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 595-611, 2006.
- C. Y. Kim, "Self-differentiation, stress level and stress coping strategies of nursing students". The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol. 12, pp. 238-247, 2006.
- K. K. Chon, K. H. Kim, S. Y. Lee,"Development of the Life Stress Scale for College Students, The Korean Journal of Clinical Psychology, Vol. 5, No. 20, pp. 316-335, 2000.
- H. J. Ki, "The effect of university student's life stress on psychological well-being: focused on the moderator effect of the mindfulness ", Unpublished master's thesis, Sookmyung Women's University, 2010.
- A. T. Beck, C. H. Ward, J. Mock, J. Erbaugh, "An inventory for measuring depression", The Journal of Archives of general Psychiatry, Vol. 4, pp. 561-571. 1961. https://doi.org/10.1001/archpsyc.1961.01710120031004
- Y. H. Lee, J. Y. Song, "A study of the reliability and the validity of the BDI, SDS, and MMPI-D Scales". Korean Journal of Clinical Psychology, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 98-113. 1991.
- E. C. Klohnen, "Conceptual analysis and measurement of the construct of ego-resiliency", Journal of Personality Society Psychology, Vol. 70, pp. 1067-1079. 1996. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35220.127.116.117
- W. Y. Shin, M. G. Kim, J. H. Kim, "Developing Measures of Resilience for Korean Adolescents and Testing Cross, Convergent, and Discriminant Validity", The Journal of Studies on Korean Youth, Vol. 20, No. 4, pp. 105-131, 2009.
- R. W. Baker, B. Siryk, "Measuring adjustment to college", Journal of Counseling Psychology, Vol. 31, pp. 179-189, 1984. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-018.104.22.168
- E. W. Lee, "Impacts of the affective intelligence, self-efficacy and psychological wellbeing of university students on the college life adaptation", Unpublished master's thesis, Keimyung University, 2006.
- J. A. Park, E. K. Lee, "Influence of ego-resilience and stress coping styles on college adaptation in Nursing students", Journal of Korean Academic of Nursing Administration, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 267-276, 2011. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2011.17.3.267
- S. O. Choi, J. K. Park, S. H. Kim, "Factors Influencing the Adaptation to the College Life of Nursing Students". The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 182-189, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2015.21.2.182
- H. I. Lee, "Correlations among self-esteem, depression and Academic achievement in nursing college students". The Korean Journal of Community Health Nursing. Vol. 22, pp. 97-107, 2008.
- S. Y. Lim, K. M. Kwon, Y. K. Jeong, K. S. Han, "Comparison to Stress, Depression and Self-efficacy between Nursing Student and the Other Major University Women Student", The Korean Journal of Stress Research, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 119-124, 2010.
- E. J. Ji, M. R. Bang, H. J. Jeon, "Ego Resilience, Communication Ability and Probl-lem-Solving Ability in Nursing Students". Journal of Korea Academy of Nursing, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 571-579, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.4.571
- D. J. Kim, J. S. Lee, "Influence of Ego-Resilience and Self-Efficacy on Satisfaction in major of Nursing Student". The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol. 20, No. 4, pp. 244-254, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.2.244
- J. Y. Lim , G. J. Yoon,"The Effects of Ego- Resilience, School Satisfaction and Achievement Motivation on Career Decision-Making Self-Efficacy in University Students", The Journal of family relations, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 113-130. 2013.
- Y. S. Choi, "Factors Influencing College Life Adjustment in Nursing Students". The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 423-432. 2013. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.3.423
- H. K. Cho, S. K. Jeon, "Relationship among College Life Stress, Alienation and College Adjustment: Focused on Transferred and Non-transferred Nursing Students", Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society,Vol. 17, No. 5, pp. 2779-2793, 2015.
- M. Lee, H. S. Jeon, "Personal types, Ego-resilience, and College Adaptation in Nursing and Health Care related Students", Journal of the Korea Academia- Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 16, No. 12, pp. 8861-8869, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.12.8861
- Mi-Jin Kim, Gyun-Young Kang, "The Convergence Study on the Relationship between the Job Stress and Mental Health of Nurses", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp. 39-47, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.5.039
- Young-Hee Jeong, "Convergent approach of phenomenological methodology about Emergency Nurses' experience of hospital violence", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp. 63-75, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.5.063