- Volume 14 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
(A) Study on the Status of Safety Accidents in School : among the elementary, middle and high schools in Chung-Nam
학교안전사고 발생현황 및 융·복합적 원인에 대한 연구 - 충남지역 초, 중, 고등학교를 중심으로 -
- Kim, Yeon-Jung (Korea Nazarene University) ;
- Yi, Su-Jeong (Graduate School of Nursing, Dankook University)
- Received : 2016.05.12
- Accepted : 2016.07.20
- Published : 2016.07.28
The purpose of this study is to prevent school safety accidents by conducting an analytic investigation on safety accidents that occur in elementary, middle and high school during 2010-2014 in Chung-Nam. We used the status of safety accidents in school based on the Chung-nam School Safety and Insurance Association database. Data was analyzed by descriptive Statistics. It was found that the incidence of safety accidents in school has increased, and in the case of elementary schools it was higher than in middle school or high school. Safety accidents occurred most during break time, and in schoolyard, and due to student's carelessness. Safety is one of the most basic human needs. To decrease the incidence of safety accidents, we need to set up with comprehensive safety system including human, physical and environmental factors. Based on the this study, it needs more wide study on various countermeasures and to determine effects.
safety;school safety;school safety accidents;prevention of safety accidents;safety culture
Supported by : 충남장애예방교육센터
- H. Y. Park , J. E. Lee, "Improving the school living safety culture-measuring the perception of elementary school teachers and parents", Journal of Korean Association for Crisis and Emergency Management, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp.14-34. 2010.
- National Institute of Korean Language, http://stdweb2.korean.go.kr/search/List_dic.jsp, November 30, 2015.
- J. H. Baek, "A legal study on the remedies for the school accident-focusing on the systems for school safety between Korea and Japan", The Journal of Korean Association of Northeast Asia Studies. Vol. 44, pp.337-356, 2007.
- E. S. Gwag, J. E. Lee, "Improvements of school living safety accidents in national living crisis", Korean Journal of National Crisis and Emergency Management, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp.102-132, 2009.
- H. G. Kim, "A study on the contributory factors to safety accidents among elementary school students", Master Dissertation, Korea National University of Education, 2014.
- J. H. Noh, "A study on legal liability for school safety accident", Master Dissertation, Gangneung-Wonju National University, 2015.
- T. H. Kim, J. S. Hong, J. M. Lee, "Security measures through a statistical analysis of accident within the school", Korean Security Science Review, Vol. 34, pp.139-160, 2013.
- School Safety in Injury Prevention and Compensation Act. 2015. Enactment 2015. 1. 20. Law No. 13005.
- Korean Consumer Agency, "Analysis of Children's Safety Accident", 2014, http://m.kca.go.kr/brd/m_40/view.do?seq=432&srchFr=&srchTo=&srchWord=&srchTp=, November 30, 2015.
- Chung-nam School Safety and Insurance Association, Manual of school accident compensation services, 2015.
- M. R. Choi, J. H. Park, "The impact of safety accident on teacher's educational activities in school", Korean Security Science Review, Vol. 14, pp.535-548, 2007.
- J. H. Byeun, E. R. Choi, "A study on the strengthening plan of school safety-focused on the case study of America's school safety strategy in California, U.S.A.", Journal of Korean Association of Public Safety and Criminal Justice, Vol. 56, pp.175-204, 2014.
- C. Y. Kim, "The analysis of the cause of negligent accidents in elementary school physical education classes", Master Dissertation, Gyeong-in National University, 2010.
- E. H. Lee, C. S. Son, "Analysis of middle and high school male and female students of physical education classes injury occurred during type", Education Journal, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp.207-227, 2004.
- J. E. Lim, "The study on the injuries cause of physical activity in elementary school students", Korean Journal of Sports Science, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp.859-869, 2003.
- S. H. Kim, "Personnel Management Theory. Seoul: Muyok publishing company, 1987.
- H. Y. Chung, "The educational meaning of 'school-space'and tasks for its forming.", The Journal of Education Studies, Vol. 51, No. 2, pp151-161, 2014.
- C. M. Kim , W. S. Seo, "A study on the security for rights related to school safety accidents", Law Review, 52, pp.63-83, 2013.
- J. I. Jeong, "Status of safety accidents in schools and approach to improve.-focused on school safety and insurance association", Journal of Information and Security, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp.23-32, 2016.
- S. J. Kwon, S. J. Lee, "A Case study on Safety Accidents in Elementary Physical Education Class & Countermeasures", The Journal Korea Association of Safety and Security, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 7-24, 2011.
- J. C. Lee, "An analysis on safety accidents occurring during school life", The Journal of Korean Association of Security and Safety, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp.225-237, 2012.
- S. M. Cho, "An analysis of safety education in the middle school science textbook based on the investigation of the accidents in science classes", Master Dissertation, Chung-buk University, 2016.
- I. O. Park, "Study on Safety Measures to Improve Efficiency of the Field Experience Learning", Journal of Education Culture, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 141-167, 2015.
- S. O. Hwang, "A study on the perceptions of teachers and students on hands-on field trips : the case of elementary school in the city of Seo-san", Master Dissertation, Kong-ju National University, 2010.
- S. K. Park, "A study on the improvement of school safety accident prevention-focused on a comparative analysis on the topic with industrial accident prevention policy", Journal of Learner-Centered Curriculum and Instruction. Vol. 15, No. 10, pp.843-878, 2015.
- S. Y. Kim, "Safety awareness and safety practice behavior of college students", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp.279-289, 2015.
- School Safety in Injury Prevention and Compensation Act enforcement regulations, http://www.law.go.kr/LSW/lsInfoP.do?lsiSeq=149619#0000
- J. H. Park, S. Y. Kim, K. N. Lee, "Safety education status and needs based on the survey of the recognition of teachers and students of elementary schools : focused on elementary schools in Daejeon city", Journal of Korean Practical Arts education. Vol. 26, No. 3, pp.185-203, 2013.
- W. M. Gal, K. S. Son, "A study on the actual conditions of school safety in elementary and middle school", Collection of Journal of 2002 Korea Safety Management & Science Conference, pp.37-42, 2002.
- J. G. Kang, K. L. Kim, C. H. Lee, W. S. Eom, "A study on the relationship of gender and personality traits to the types of school safety accidents in elementary school students", The Korean Journal of Elementary Physical Education, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp.109-119, 2012.
- J. S. Hong, C. S. Choi, "A study on the cognition of teacher and parents about school accident", The Korea Early Childhood Educational Review, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp.103-121, 2006.
- B. S. Bae, "The analysis of teacher's recognition on safety accidents and prevention during physical education classes", Master Dissertation, Chonnam National University, 2007.
- T. H. Kim, K. S. Kang, T. B. Kim, "Study on developing basic program for preventing school safety accidents", Journal of The Korean Society of Disaster Information, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp.51-63, 2011.
- J. M. Kim, J. K. Moon, "Design and Implementation of Safe-Guard for Elementary School Students", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 29-33, 2013. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2013.4.2.029