- Volume 14 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Development of Smart PCS(Power Conditioning System) Integrating PV/ESS for Home
가정용 태양광/ESS 통합 스마트 PCS 개발
- Lee, Sang-Hak (Energy IT Convergence Research Center, Korea Electronics Technology Institute)
- 이상학 (전자부품연구원 에너지IT융합연구센터)
- Received : 2016.06.02
- Accepted : 2016.07.20
- Published : 2016.07.28
Research and development of energy self-consumption introducing photovoltaic and energy storage system at home is very active. This system can manage the home energy in which it charges the electricity generated during the day and uses it during high electricity bills. However, it not yet made up the residential real-time pricing in Korea but it can reduce electricity usage to a certain target on the progressive. In order to introduce the home photovoltaic, it requires PCS(Power Conditioning System). This converts the direct current into alternating current by the electricity generated and used to perform charging and discharging of the energy storage system. The market for self-consumption smart home system is currently increasing because the interests of the general public about solar power, energy storage systems increased. The result of this study is installed on the room environment and the effect was analyzed on the assumption of real-time pricing.
inverter;converter;photovoltaic;energy storage system;self-consumption home
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원(KETEP)
- B. R. Singh and O. Singh, "21st Century challenges of clean energy and global warming-can energy storage systems meet these issues?", 2010 3rd International Conference on Thermal Issues in Emerging Technologies Theory and Applications (ThETA), pp. 323-329. 2010.
- L. Bartram, J. Rodgers, and K. Muise, "Chasing the Negawatt: Visualization for Sustainable Living", IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, Vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 8-14. 2010.
- M. Tamaki, K. Takagi, K. Shimada, N. Kawakami, and Y. Iijima, "Development of PCS for battery system installed in megawatt photovoltaic system", 2012 15th International Power Electronics and Motion Control Conference (EPE/PEMC), pp. LS1a-2.1-1-LS1a-2.1-4, 2012.
- Y. Guo, "A novel modulation/RF architecture for long battery life-time PCS mobile units", IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, Vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 795-800, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/30.628715
- H. Li, Y. Iijima, and N. Kawakami, "Development of power conditioning system (PCS) for battery energy storage systems", 2013 IEEE ECCE Asia Downunder (ECCE Asia), pp. 1295-1299, 2013.
- X. Long, R. Liao, and J. Zhou, "Low-cost charge collector of photovoltaic power conditioning system based dynamic DC/DC topology", IET Renewable Power Generation, Vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 167 - 174, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-rpg.2009.0199
- Y. K. Lee and K. H. Youn, "Searching Role of Government for Promoting IoT Industry", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, no.5, pp. 47-55, 2016.
- M. S. Park and H. S. Yang, "Improvements for Ordering and Bidding of VE in Convergence Era", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.14, no.3, pp. 25-33, 2016.
- B. S. Shim and D. H. Yoo, "Trends and Activation Plans for Next-generation Wireless Broadband Industry", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.13, no.12, pp. 13-21, 2015.
- Y. S. Hau, "IT SMEs' Product Planning Capability and Manufacturing Capability in the Context of Digital Convergence: The Mediating Impacts of the Product Exterior and Interior Design Capabilities", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.13, no.12, pp. 55-62, 2015.
- H. S. Byeon and M. R. Kang, "The Study of Factors on Information System Success through Web Assimilation", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.13, no.11, pp. 85-97, 2015.
- Y. W. Seo and Seong Wook Chae, "A study of appropriateness evaluation method for quality activity management of Software R&D Project", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.13, no.8, pp. 91-99, 2015.
- M. W. Lee and S. C. Kim, "Effects of Smart-Work IT-Resources on the Work Efficiency and Corporate Performance in Service Industry", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.13, no.7, pp. 89-97, 2015.
- B. S. Kang and K. H. Lee, "A Scheme on Energy Efficiency Through the Convergence of Micro-grid and Small Hydro Energy", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 29-34, 2015.
- B. M. Kim, B. K. Kim, J. B. Park, and D. S. Rho, "Analysis of Customer Power Quality Characteristics Using PV Test Devices", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 2, No. 4, pp. 21-27, 2011.
- Stanton T. Cady, Daniel Mestas, and Chris Cirone, "Engineering systems in the Re_home: A net-zero, solar-powered house for the U.S. Department of Energy's 2011 Solar Decathlon", 2012 IEEE Power and Energy Conference at Illinois (PECI), pp. 1-5, 2012.
- M. Longo, M C. Roscia, and D. Zaninelli, "Net zero energy of smart house design", 015 International Conference on Clean Electrical Power (ICCEP), pp. 548-554, 2015
- D. Han, J. Zhang, Y. Zhang, Wanyi Gu, "Convergence of sensor networks/internet of things and Power Grid Information Network at aggregation layer", 2010 International Conference on Power System Technology (POWERCON), pp. 1-6, 2010.
- S. Varadan, "Today's workforce in tomorrow's smart grid: Bridging the growing gaps", 2012 IEEE Power and Energy Society General Meeting, pp. 1-1, 2012.
- C. S. Choi, J. I. Lee, and I. W. Lee, "Complex home energy management system architecture and implementation for green home with Built-in Photovoltaic and motorized blinders", 2012 International Conference on ICT Convergence (ICTC), pp.295 - 296, 2012.
- P. R. Kim, "A study on the characteristics of ICT-based converging technologies", 2011 Proceedings of PICMET '11: Technology Management in the Energy Smart World (PICMET), pp. 1-6, 2011.
- Branislav Todorovic, "Towards zero energy buildings: New and retrofitted existing buildings", 2011 IEEE 3rd International Symposium on Exploitation of Renewable Energy Sources (EXPRES), pp. 7-14, 2011.
- A. Azmi, M. L. Kohle, and A. G. Imenes, "On-grid residential development with photovoltaic systems in Southern Norway", 2013 IEEE Conference on Clean Energy and Technology (CEAT), pp. 93-97, 2013.
- J. A. Candanedo and A. K. Athienitis, "A systematic approach for energy design of advanced solar houses", 2009 IEEE Electrical Power & Energy Conference (EPEC), pp. 1-6. 2009.