- Volume 14 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
An Effect of Personality Type on Cognitive, Behavioral Investment Disposition
성격유형이 인지·행동적 투자성향에 미치는 영향
- Han, Seung Jo (Agency for Defense Development)
- 한승조 (국방과학연구소)
- Received : 2016.05.16
- Accepted : 2016.07.20
- Published : 2016.07.28
The objective of this study is to investigate the association between MBTI personality types of potential investors and their cognitive behavioral investment disposition. Three questionnaires related with MBTI, cognitive investment disposition, and behavioral one from 400 subjects were collected and analyzed. Based on both cognitive and behavioral investment disposition scores, potential investors having E(Extroversion), S(Sensing), and F(Feeling) types tend to put up with the risk resulting from their investment better than ones who having I(Introversion), N(Intuition), and T(Thinking) types. However, the difference between J(Judging) and P(Perceiving) types was not significant. Also investor group with ENF combination had the most aggressive investment disposition among other groups. On the contrary the group with ISF had an tendency to avoid the investment risk. In addition the correlation between cognitive and behavioral investment dispositions was 0.86. This study is expected to be used as basic data with which investment companies and banks recommend adequate financial instruments to consumers.
- Lee, S. H., and Kim, J. K., "A study of the influence of investment tendancy on the color marketing of securities company's brand", Korean Journal of the Science of Emotion & Sensibility, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 599-612, 2008.
- DOI : http://law.fss.or.kr. 2016. 1 .4
- Kim, J. Y., "Financial asset portfolio according to investment disposition of individual investors", Sungshin Women's University, Master's thesis, 2010.
- Yoon, S. H., "A study on investor's propensity according to net financial asset size: Focused on the fund investor". Soongsil University, Master's thesis, 2011.
- Byun, Y., "An empirical test of the disposition effect of individual investors", Journal of Business Research, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 257-281, 2006.
- Ko, K. S., "Effect of investment disposition on investment performance", Proceeding. of Korean Association of Industrial Business Administration, pp. 186-196, 2011.
- Yoo, J., "Stress perception, coping and personality type", Journal of the Korea Academy of Psychological Type, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 107-120, 1999.
- Park, K. S., Hwang, S., and Lee, J., "Correlation between drivers' unsafe acts and personality types", Journal of the Ergonomics Society of Korea, Vol. 25, No. 4, pp. 137-144, 2006. https://doi.org/10.5143/JESK.2006.25.4.137
- Stelmack, R. M., and Michaud-Achorn, A., "Extraversion, attention, and habituation of the auditory evoked response", Journal of Research in Personality, Vol. 19, pp. 416-428, 1985. https://doi.org/10.1016/0092-6566(85)90009-1
- Eysenck, H. J., The biological basis of personality, Springfield(IL), Charles C. Thomas, 1967.
- Jung, M., and Noh, M., "The relationship of lifestyle, type theory(MBTI) and life stress", The Korean Journal of Counseling and Psychotherapy, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 693-710, 2003.
- Zuckerman, M., Persky, H., Link, K. E., and Basu, G. K., "Responses to confinement: An investigation of sensory deprivation, social isolation, restriction of movement and set factors", Perceptual and Motor Skills, Vol. 27, pp. 319-334, 1968. https://doi.org/10.2466/pms.19126.96.36.1999
- Han, S. J., "QuantitativeAnalysis of Display Fatigue induced by 2D, 3D Videos", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 329-335, 2016.
- Ko, M. S., Kwon, S. K., and Lee, S., "A study for the dynamic characteristics and correlation with test result of gantry robot based on finite element analysis", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 269-274, 2015.
- DOI :http://www.mbtitoday.org/articles/article02.html. 2016. 1. 4
- Myers, I. B., Kirby, L. K., and Myers, P. B., Introduction to Type, CPP Inc., Mountain View, CA, USA, 1998.
- Myers, I. B., McCaulley, M. H., Quenk, N. L., and Hammer, A. L., MBTI Manual : A Guide to the Development and Use of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator(3rd ed.), Counsulting Psychological Press, Palo Alto, CA, USA, 1998.