- Volume 14 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Web-Based Communication to Internet Users of Information Characteristics : Focus on Internalization and Conformity
인터넷 환경하에서 정보속성이 인터넷이용자의 웹 기반 커뮤니케이션에 미치는 영향 : 내재화와 동조를 중심으로
- Song, Yong-tae (Dept. of Business Administration, Sun Moon Univ.)
- 송용태 (선문대학교 경영학과)
- Received : 2016.06.01
- Accepted : 2016.07.20
- Published : 2016.07.28
This study focuses the importance of relation between information attributes and communication of internet user. The author is to clarify how to communicate in internet environment and word-of-mouth as a result of social influence among internet user take place in relation to information attributes. The main findings are that comprehensive ease, relevance and novelty among information attributes positively influence reciprocal communication, reciprocal communication positively influences internalization and conformity, and those positively influence word-of-mouth communication.
Information characteristics;Credibility;Relevance;Novelty;Vividness;Social influence;Internalization;Conformity;Word of mouth;Reciprocal communication
- Deshpande, Rohit and Gerald Zaltman, "Factor Affecting the Use of Marketing Research Information," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. 19, No.1, pp. 14-31, 1982. https://doi.org/10.2307/3151527
- Wilton, Peter C., "Information Utilization: A Validation Study," Advances in Consumer Research, Vol. 13 Issue 1, pp. 354-359, 1986.
- Moenaert, Rudy K. and William E. Souder, "An Analysis of the Use of Extrafunctional Information by R&D and Marketing Personnel: Review and Model," Journal of Product Innovation Management, Vol. 7, Issue 3, pp. 213-229, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1016/0737-6782(90)90005-Y
- Song, Yongtae, "The Effects of Information Characteristics to Word of Mouth Diffusion Activities under Preannouncing Context," Industrial Development Institute, Vol. 24 No. 3, pp.65-89, 2008.
- Burnett, "Information Exchange in Virtual Communities: A Typology," Information Research, Vol. 5, No. 4. http://informationr.net/ir/5-4/paper82.html (July, 1, 2016)
- Okleshen, Cara. and Sanford Grossbart, "Usenet groups, virtual communities, and consumer behavior", In J.W. Alba and J.W. Hutchinson(Eds.), Advances in Consumer Research, vol. 25, pp. 276-282, 1988.
- Brown, J. S. and P. Duguid, "Organizational Learning and Communities-of-Practice: Toward a Unified View of Working, Learning, and Innovation," Organization Science, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 40-57, 1991 https://doi.org/10.1287/orsc.2.1.40
- Kelman, H. C, "Compliance, Identifacation, and Internalization: Three Process of Attitude Change, Journal of Conflict Resolution, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 51-60, 1958 https://doi.org/10.1177/002200275800200106
- Wilson, Patrick W., "Situational Relevance," Information Storage Retrieval, Vol. 9, Issue 8, pp. 457-471, 1983
- Stell, Roxanne and Nita Paden, " Vicarious Exploration and Catalog Shopping: a Preliminary Investigation," Vol. 4, Issue. 4, pp. 332-344, 1999
- Herr, Paul M., Frank R.Kardes, and John Kim, "Effects of Word of Mouth and Product-Attribute Information on Persuation: An Accessibility- Diagnosticity Perspective", Journal of Consumer Research, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp. 454-462, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1086/208570
- Festinger, L., "A Theory of Social Comparison Processes," Human Relation, Vol. 7, pp. 117-140, 1954. https://doi.org/10.1177/001872675400700202
- Chiou, Jyh-Shen and Cathy Cheng, "Should a company have message boards on its web sites?", Journal of Interactive Marketing, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 50-61, 2003 https://doi.org/10.1002/dir.10059
- Bone, Paula F., "Word of Mouth effects on short-term and long-term product judgements", Journal of Business Research, Vol. 32, No. 3, pp. 213-223, 1995 https://doi.org/10.1016/0148-2963(94)00047-I
- Lee, EY and TM Lee, "The Effects of Information Characteristics on Word of Mouth Performance in Online Environment : Focused on the Moderating Effect of Consumer Knowledge," The Korean Journal of Advertising, Vol. 16, No.2, pp145-171, 2005
- Ha, L., E. L. James, "Interactivity Reexamined: A Baseline Analysis of early business Web sites," Journal of Broadcasting and Electronic Media, Vol. 42, No. 4, pp. 457-474, 1998 https://doi.org/10.1080/08838159809364462
- Yuping Liu, L. J. Shrum, "What Is Interactivity and Is It Always Such A Good Thing? Implications of Definition, Person, and Situation for the Influence of Interactivity on Advertising Effectiveness," Journal of Advertising, Vol. 31, No. 4, pp. 53-64, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1080/00913367.2002.10673685
- Harrison-Walker, L. J., "E-Complaining: A Content Analysis of an Internet Complaint Forum," Journal of Service Marketing, Vol. 15, No. 5, pp. 397-412, 2001 https://doi.org/10.1108/EUM0000000005657
- Churchill, Gilbert A. Jr., "A Paradigm for Developing Better Measures of Marketing Constructs," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 64-73, 1979.
- Bagozzi, Richard P. and Youjae Yi, "On the Evaluation of Structural Equation Models," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 74-94, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02723327
- Fornell, Claes and David F. Larcker, "Evaluating Structureal Equation Models with Unobservable Variables and Measurement Error," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 39-50, 1981. https://doi.org/10.2307/3151312
- Anderson, James C. and David W. Gerbing, "Structural Equation Modeling in Practice : A Review of Recommended Two-Step Approach," Psychological Bulletin, Vol. 103, No. 3, pp. 411-423, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.103.3.411
- Lark Sang Kim, "Convergence of Information Technology and Corporate Strategy", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 17-26, 2015.
- Myeong-Ho Lee, "A Study on N-Screen Convergence Application with Mobile WebApp Environment", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 43-48, 2015.
- Eagly, Alice H., & Chaiken, Shelly, The psychology of attitudes, McGuire's Information-Processing Paradigm. New York: Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, 1993.
- McGuire, W. J., The Nature of Attitudes and Attitudes Changes, in Gardner Lindzey and Elliot Aronson (Eds), The Handbook of Social Psychology, Second Edition, Vol. 3. Reading, Mass.: Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, 1969.
- Forsyth, Donelson R., An Introduction to Group Dynamics, Wadsworth Publishing Co Inc., 1983
- Kelly, H. H., Two Functions of Reference groups. In G. E. Swanson, T. M. Newcomb, and E. L. Hartley (Eds.), Readings in Social Psychology(2nd ed.,pp. pp. 410-414, New York: Holt, 1952.
- Nisbett, Richard E. and Lee Ross, "Human Inference: Strategies and Shortcomings of Social Judgement," Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall, 1980.
- Cialdini, Robert B., Influence:Science and Practice, New York: Harper Collins, 1988.
- DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1086/208531 https://doi.org/10.1086/208531
- DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1086/208633 https://doi.org/10.1086/208633
- http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/h0046408 https://doi.org/10.1037/h0046408
- http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/0022-35126.96.36.1995 https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35188.8.131.525
- DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1086/208815 https://doi.org/10.1086/208815