- Volume 14 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Effects of Family Restaurants' Service Guarantees on Customer Loyalty -Focusing on the Moderating Role of Involvement-
패밀리레스토랑의 서비스보증이 고객충성도에 미치는 영향 - 관여도의 조절효과를 중심으로 -
- Kang, Soo-Young (School of Business Administration, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Kim, Hyo-Jin (Paramita College, Dongguk University)
- Received : 2016.05.16
- Accepted : 2016.07.20
- Published : 2016.07.28
This study examines the relationship among family restaurants' service guarantee, service quality, service value, customer satisfaction and customer loyalty, involvement to verify the marketing effectiveness of service guarantee in family restaurants. For the empirical analysis, a survey was conducted with 250 adults in Seoul and Gyeonggi. For the collected data, frequency analysis, reliability analysis, factor analysis were carried out, using SPSS 21.0, in order to verify reliability and validity. And multi regression analysis, hierarchical analysis were used for hypothesis test. According to this study result, first, service guarantees were shown to have a positive effect on service quality, service value and customer loyalty. Second, service quality had a positive effect on customer satisfaction. Third, service value had a positive effect on customer satisfaction. Fourth, customer satisfaction had a positive effect on customer loyalty. Fifth, in the relationship between service guarantees and customer loyalty, involvement played a moderating role. Therefore this study has verified the marketing effectiveness of service guarantee in family restaurants, so it can be said that the study has drawn strategic operation methods in family restaurants.
Service Guarantee;Service Quality;Service Value;Customer Satisfaction;Customer Loyalty;Involvement
- Chul-Ho Jung, "A Study on the Classification and Satisfaction of Service Quality Elements in the Family Restaurant Using the Kano Model." Productivity Review, Vol. 26, No. 2, pp.217-241, 2012. https://doi.org/10.15843/kpapr.26.2.201206.217
- Oi-Sul Jeon & Sung-Kyu Park, "The Structural Relationship among Quality Dimensions, Customer satisfaction and Purchase Intention of Chinese Consumer to Enhance Profitability of Intent Shopping Malls." Productivity Review, Vol. 23, No. 4, pp.45-75, 2009.
- Sang-Chun Jun & Song-Hyeon Cho, "The Mediative Effect of Trust and Commitment in Relationship between Consumer Satisfaction and Repurchase." Korean Journal of Sport Management, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp.71-81, 2007.
- Zeithaml, Valarie A., "How Consumer Evaluation Processes Differ between Goods and Services." In Proceeding, Marketing of Services Conference, Chicago : AMA. pp.186-190, 1981.
- Murray, K. B., "A Test of Service Marketing Theory: Consumer Information Acquisition Activities." Journal of Marketing, Vol. 55, No. 1, pp.10-25, 1991. https://doi.org/10.2307/1252200
- Ostrom, A. L. & D. lacobucci, "The Effect of Guarantee on Consumers' Evaluation of Service." The Journal of Service Marketing, Vol. 12, No. 5, pp.362-378, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1108/08876049810235405
- Shimp, Terence A. & William O. Bearden, "Warranty and Other Extrinsic Cue Effects on Consumers' Risk Perception." Journal of Consumer Research, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp.38-46, 1982. https://doi.org/10.1086/208894
- Callen, R. J. & J. Moore, "Service Guarantees, The Preferred Method of Service Recovery?." Unpublished Paper, The Manchester Metropolitan University, UK, 1997.
- McCollough, M. A., & D. D. Gremler, "A Conceptual Model and Empirical Examination of the Effect of Service Guarantees on post Purchase Consumption Evaluation." Managing Service Quality, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp.58-74, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1108/09604520410513677
- Hart, C. W. L., "Guarantees Come to Professional Service Firms." Sloan Management Review, Vol. 33, No. 3, pp.19-29, 1992.
- Eun-Kyoung Han, Seok-Jae Song & Han-na Lim, "The Motives for Using Social Commerce and Satisfaction, Repurchase Intention." The Korean Journal of Advertising and Public Relations, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp.298-325, 2011.
- Hart, C. W. L., "The Power of Unconditional Service Guarantee." Harvard Business Review, Vol. 66, No. July-August, pp.28-32, 1993.
- Wirtz J., "Development of a Service Guarantee Model." Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp.51-75, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1015412825222
- Hay, J. M. & A. V. Hill, "A Longitudinal Empirical Study of the Effect of a Service Guarantee on Employee Motivation/Vision." Service Learning and Perceive Service Quality Production and Operations Management, Vol. 10, No. 4, pp.405-424, 2001.
- Lewis, B., "Service Quality: An International Comparison of Bank Customer's Expectation and Perceptions." Journal of Marketing Management, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp.47-62, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1080/0267257X.1991.9964139
- Seong-Geun Kim & Kee-Joon Seok, "Convergence of IT and Online Security Trading : The Effects of MTS Service Quality on Customer Satisfaction & Customer Loyalty." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 9, pp.137-148, 2015.
- Won-Chul Bing, "The Study on Mediating Effects Validation of Involvement between Service Quality and Satisfaction in Children's Pool in Convergence era." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 11, pp.529-537, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.11.529
- Parasuraman A., Valarie A. Zeithaml, & Leonard L. Berry, "A Conceptual Model of Service Quality and Its Implications for Future Research." Journal of Marketing, Vol. 49, No. 3, pp.41-50. 1985.
- Parasuraman A., Valarie A. Zeithaml, & Leonard L. Berry, "SERVQUAL : A Multiple Item Scale for Measuring Customer Perception of Service Quality." Journal of Retailing, Vol. 64, No. 1, pp.12-40, 1988.
- Bolton, Ruth N. & James H. Drew, "A Multistage Model of Customer' Assessments of Service Quality and Value." Journal of Customer Research, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp.375-384, 1991.
- Cronin, Jr. Joseph J. & Steven A. Taylor, "Measuring Service Quality: A Reexamination and Extension." Journal of Marketing, Vol. 56, No. 3, pp.55-68, 1992.
- Gronroos, Christian., "A Service Quality Model and its Marketing Implication." European Journal of Marketing, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp.36-44. 1984. https://doi.org/10.1108/EUM0000000004784
- Gronroos, Christian., "Service Quality : The Six Criteria of Good Perceived Service." Review of Business, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp.10-13, 1988.
- Dodds, William B., Kent B. Monroe & Dhruv. Grewal, "Effects of Price, Brand and Store Information on Buyers' Product Evaluation." Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. 28, No. 3, pp.307-319, 1991. https://doi.org/10.2307/3172866
- Zeithaml Valarie A., "Consumer Perception of Price Quality and Value: A Means End Model and Synthesis of Evidence." Journal of Marketing, Vol. 52, No. 3, pp.2-22, 1998.
- Cronin J. J. Jr., M. K. Brady, R. R. Brand, H. Roscoe Jr, & D. J. Shemwell, "A Cross Sectional Test of the Effect and Conceptualization of Service Value." The Journal of Customer Research, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp.375-384, 1997.
- Hyung-Seok Lee, Gi-Sun Lee & Sang-Young Kim, "An Exploratory Study on the Determinants of Customer Satisfaction in Credit Card Service." Journal of Global Scholars of Marketing Science, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp.29-47, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1080/12297119.2004.9707210
- Keun-Young Park, Chull-Young Lee & Jin-Hee Kim, " On the Influence of Branded-app Usage and Motivation on Brand Attitudes, Satisfaction and Intention to Repeat Usage." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 5, pp.157-163, 2016.
- Ki-Jeong Song & Kwang-Kyu Seo, "A Comparison Study on Satisfied Customer Reclassification Methods for Customer Satisfaction Management." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp.139-144, 2013.
- Oliver, R. L., "Cognitive Affective and Attribute Bases of the Satisfaction Response." Journal of Consumer Research, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp.418-430, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1086/209358
- Johnson, M. D. & C. Fornell, "A Framework for Comparing Customer Satisfaction Across Individuals and Product Categories." Journal of Economic Psychology, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp.267-286, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-4870(91)90016-M
- Byung-Wa Yang, "The Effects of Customer Satisfaction and Relationship Marketing on Behavioral Intention." Korean Management Review, Vol. 37, No. 1, pp.35-66, 2008.
- Oswald, S. L., D. E. Turner, R. L. Snipes & D. Butler, "Quality Determinants and Hospital Satisfaction." Marketing Health Service, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp.19-27, 1998.
- Seong-Yoon Kim & Sang-Jun Lee, "Effects of Smart Phone's Brand Images on Customer's Satisfaction and Loyalty: Focused on Galaxy and iPhone User Groups," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 10, pp.223-233, 2014.
- Kotler, P. & G. Armstrong., "Principle of Marketing." Prentice Hall, 1999.
- Gyeong-Do Seo & Jung-Eun Lee, " A Study on the Effect of Consumer Lifestyle on Brand Attitude, Brand Attachment influence upon Brand Loyalty." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp.185-192, 2016.
- Jong-Oh Park, "The Effects of Private Brand Value on Brand Trust, Brand Attitude and Brand Loyalty." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 8, pp.159-173, 2013.
- Jun-Whai Kim, " The Shopping Experience Values at Department Stores and Their Effects on the Brand Asset and the Store Loyalty." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp.151-162, 2014.
- Czepiel, John A., & Robert Gilmore, "Exploring the Concept of Loyalty in Service, In Service Marketing Challenge : Integrating for Competitive Advantage." Czepiel, J. A., C. A. Congram & J. Shanada(Eds), Chicago, IL : AMA, 1987.
- Jones, Thomas O. & W. Earl Sassers, "Why Satisfied Customer Defect." Harvard Business Review, Vol. 73, No. 6, pp.89-99, 1995.
- Zeithaml Valarie A., L. L. Berry, & A. Parasuraman, "The Behavioral Consequence of Service Quality." Journal of Marketing, Vol. 60, No. 2, pp.31-46, 1996.
- Sheth, J. N., B. Mittal & B. I. Newman, "Customer Behavior and Beyond." Orlando, FL ; Dryden Press, 1999.
- Zaichkowsky, J. L., "Measuring the Involvement Construct." Journal of Consumer Research, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp.341-352, 1985. https://doi.org/10.1086/208520
- Krugman, H. E., "The Impact of Television Advertising Learning without Involvement." Public Opinion Quarterly, Vol. 29, No. 3, pp.349-356, 1965. https://doi.org/10.1086/267335
- Brennan, L. & F. Mavondo, "Involvement: An unifinished story?." Paper presented at the ANZMAC Conference, 2000.
- Antil, John H, "Conceptualization and Operationalization of Involvement." in NA - Advances in Consumer Research Volume 11 eds, Thomas C. Kinnear, Provo, UT: Association for Consumer Research, pp.203-209, 1984.
- Wirtz, J. D. Kum & K. S. Lee, "Should a Firm with a Reputation for Outstanding Service Quality Offer a Service Guarantee?." Journal of Services Marketing, Vol. 14, No. 6, pp.502-512, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1108/08876040010347615
- Chang-Juck Suh, Hea-June Jeon & Choong-Hyuck Im, "An Effect on Service Guarantee to Service Quality and Service Value in Parcel Service." Journal of the Korea Service Management Society, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp.51-75, 2004.
- Wirtz, J. & D. Kum, "Designing service guarantees is full satisfaction the best you can guarantee?." Journal of Services Marketing, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp.282-299, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1108/EUM0000000005507
- Sanzo, M. J., M. L. Sanos, R. Vazquez, & L. I. Alvarez, "The Effect of Market Orientation on Buyer-Seller Relationship Satisfaction." Industrial Marketing Management. Vol. 32, No. 4, pp.327-345, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0019-8501(01)00200-0
- Cronin, J. J. Jr. & S. A. Taylor, "Measuring service quality: A reexamination and extension." Journal of Marketing, Vol. 56, No. 2, pp.55-68, 1992.
- Taylor, S. A. & T. L. Baker, "An Assessment of the Relationship between Service Quality and Customer Satisfaction in the Formation of Consumers' Purchase Intentions." Journal of Retailing, Vol. 70, No. 2, pp.163-178, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-4359(94)90013-2
- Hyo-Sun Jung & Hye-Hyun Yoon, "The Effects of the Family Restaurant Service Quality upon Customer Satisfaction and Revisit Intention Using DINESERV scale." Journal of Food Service Management Society of Korea, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp.103-124, 2009.
- Patterson, P. G., L. W. Johnson & R. A. Spreng, "Modeling the Determinants of Customer Satisfaction for Business to Business Professional Service." Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp.4-17, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02894505
- Oh, H. M., "Diners Perceptions of Quality, Value and Satisfaction." Cornell Hotel and Restaurant administration Quarterly, pp.58-66, 2000.
- Moon-kyu Lee & Lawrence F. Cunningham, "A cost/benefit approach to understanding service loyalty." Journal of Service Marketing, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp.113-30, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1108/08876040110387917
- Dong-Keun Yoo, & No-Hyun Park, "The Structural Relationship of Customer Satisfaction and Behavioral Intentions for Service Quality." Korea Academic Society of Hotel Administration, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp.117-135, 1998.
- Rushmore, S., Loding Today. Lodging Hospitality, Apr:12, 1998.
- Hoffman, K. D. & J. E. G. Bateson, "Essentials of Service Marketing London." The Dryden Press, 1997.
- Petty, R. E. & J. T. Cacioppo, "Attitudes and Persuasion: Classic and Contemporary approach." Dubuque, IA: Wm.C. Brown. 1981.