- Volume 14 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
An Effect of the Eco-friendly Consciousness of the Undergraduate by the Lifestyle on the Purchase Intention of the Eco-friendly Products
라이프스타일 유형에 따른 대학생의 환경의식이 친환경제품의 구매의도에 미치는 영향
- Han, Dong-Yeo (Dept. of Business Administration, Sahm Yook University) ;
- Lee, Jung-Im (Dept. of Fashion Design & Marketing, Seoul Women's University)
- Received : 2016.05.04
- Accepted : 2016.07.20
- Published : 2016.07.28
The purpose of this study is to analyze the difference of environmental consciousness and its influence on the eco-friendly products purchase intention by the undergraduates' lifestyle patterns. The results of this analysis are as follows. First, the health orientation lifestyle of the undergraduates showed the high significant level to both cognition of environmental performance and environmental protection. However, both self pursuit and positive action lifestyle showing the low significant level were rejected. Second, the high environmental protection lifestyle of the undergraduates showed high significant level. This study shows that the health orientation lifestyle undergraduates are high environmental consciousness, and also they show high purchase intention of eco-friendly products.
Lifestyle;eco-friendly products;purchase Intention;environment consciousness;environment protection;environment performance
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea
- Yonhapnews, 2015. 7. 22.
- Jong-Ewi, Kim, Consumer Behavior, Hyungseul Publishing, 2008.
- Belch, Michael A., "A Segmentation Strategy for the1980's: Profiling the Socially-concerned market through Life-Style Analysis", Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol.10(fall), pp. 345-358, 1982. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02729340
- Jung-Koo, Nor, "A Study on the Relations between Environmentally Concerned Consumption Behavior and Life Style", Journal of Marketing Management Research., Vol.2, No.1, pp. 1-18, 1996.
- Kyung-Ha, Choi, Soon-Hee, "Jung, Min-Kyung, Shin, A Study on Lifestyle of Green consumers", The Korean Society for Life Cycle Assessment, Vol.11, No.1, pp. 61-73, 2010.
- Kyung-Hee, Kim, "A Study on University Students' Consciousness for Environmental Problems and Ethical Consumption Behaviors according to Lifestyles" Korean Civil Ethics Association, Vol.23, No.2, pp. 305-322, 2010.
- Schwepker, C. H, Jr. & Cornwell, B., "An Examination of Ecologically Concerned Consumers and Their Intention to Purchase Ecologically Packaged Products", Journal of Public Policy and Marketing, Vol.10, No.2, pp. 77-101, 1991.
- Alwitt, L. F. & Pitts, R. E., "Predicting purchase intensions for an environmentally sensitive product", Journal of Consumer Psychology, Vol.5, No.1, pp. 49-64, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1207/s15327663jcp0501_03
- Poortinga, W., L. Steg and C. Vleck, Values, "Environmental Conern, and Environmental Behavior: A Study into Household Energy Use", Environment and Behavior, Vol.36, No.1, pp. 70-87, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1177/0013916503251466
- In-Sook, Kim, "Pro-environmental Consumer and Environmentally Conscious Citizen Behavior Tendency of University Students in Cheongju", Korean Living Science Association, Vol.11, No.3, pp. 251-252, 2002.
- Eung-Hwan, Oh, "Study on the effect of environmental consciousness of consumers on the information search for the product purchasing process", Graduate School of Yong In University, 2004.
- Sang-Hyup, "Lee, A Study on Environment -Friendly Family Resource Management Behaviors, Environmental Consciousness, Knowledge, and Education", Korean Home Management Association., Vo.21, No.1, pp. 93-95, 2003.
- D'Souza, C., M. Taghian, P. Lamb, and R. Peretiatko, "Green Decisions: Demographics and Consumer Understanding of Environmental Labels", International Journal of Consumer Studies, Vol.31, No.4, pp. 371-376, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1470-6431.2006.00567.x
- Hamzaoui, and Jonathan D. Linton, "New or Recycled Products: How Much Are Consumers Willing to Pay?", Journal of Consumer Marketing, Vol.27, No.5, pp. 458-468, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1108/07363761011063358
- Jae-Rock, Lee, "Structural Relationship between Consumer's Green Purchasing Behavior and Influences", Journal of Marketing Studies, Vol.21, No.4, pp. 152, 2013.
- Well, W. D. & Tigert, D. J., "Activities, interests and opinions", Journal of Advertising Research, Vol.11(Aug), pp. 27-35, 1971.
- Seo-Il, Chaiy, "Analysis about the Lifestyle of the New Generation", The Journal of Management, Vol.38, No.1, pp. 93-107, 1994.
- Sung-Yeon, Park, "Korean Lifestyle Pattern its Characteristics", Korea Marketing Review. Vol.11, No.1, pp. 19-34, 1996.
- Yeo-Joo, Suh, Eun-Jung, Lim & Hyun-Jung, Kim, "A study on the effect of consumer lifestyle(VALS) on eco-friendly consumption attitudes, behavior intentions and behavior", Journal of Consumer Policy Studies, Vol.46, No.1, pp 31-35, 2012.
- Kyoung-ha, Choi, Hwa-jung, Kho & Soon-hee, Jung, "A Qualitative Research on the Characteristics of the Green Consumer", Korean Home Management Association., Vol.28, No.5, pp. 183-186, 2009.
- Seong-Hoon Lee, "Actual Cases and Analysis of IT Convergence for Green IT", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 147-152, 2015.
- Sproles, G. B. & Kendall, E., "A methodology for profiling consumer's decision-making styles", Journal of Consumer Affairs, Vol.20, pp. 267-279, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1745-6606.1986.tb00382.x
- Lark Sang Kim, "Convergence of Information Technology and Corporate Strategy", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 17-26, 2015.