- Volume 14 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Followership of Coffee Speciality Members on LMX, Knowledge Sharing, and Job Attitude
커피전문점 직원의 팔로워십이 리더-구성원 교환관계, 지식공유 및 직무태도에 미치는 영향
- Kim, Ri-Kyung (Dept. of Hotel, Tourism & Foodservice Management, Dong-eui University) ;
- Park, Bong-Gyu (Dept. of Hotel & Convention Management, Dong-eui University)
- Received : 2016.06.01
- Accepted : 2016.07.20
- Published : 2016.07.28
This study examined the effects of followership characteristics on LMX, knowledge sharing, job satisfaction and turnover intention for coffee speciality store members. 317 questionnaire samples are used to test 4 hypotheses using structural equation model with AMOS. Results of hypotheses testing are as follows: First, goal congruence and active participation factors of followership characteristics influence positively LMX. Second, LMX influences positively knowledge sharing, and knowledge influences job satisfaction and turnover intention. This study emphasizes the importance of knowledge sharing in coffee speciality store members relations. In addition, this study shows that followership, LMX, knowledge sharing are important for members' increasing job satisfaction and decreasing turnover intention, and human resource management. Implications and limitations of this study were also suggested.
Followership;LMX;Konwledge Sharing;Job Attitude;Coffee Speciality Store Members
- S. M. Lee, "The mediating effect of sharing knowledge in the relationship between leader-member exchange and organizational commitment." Graduate School of Education, Kyungpook National University, 2013.
- D. H. Lee and D. H. Ha, "Leader-member exchange, knowledge sharing and managerial performance: Focusing on cabin crew." Journal of Tourism Management Research, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 185-208, 2014.
- C. B. Byun, S. J. Park and H. J. Lee, "The study on the antecedents of knowledge sharing and service innovation behavior: Evidence from upscale hotels in Seoul." International Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Research, Vol. 27, No. 4, pp. 49-68, 2013.
- T. Heller and J. Van Til, "Leadership and followership: Some summary propositions." The Journal of Applied Behavioral Science, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 405-414, 1982. https://doi.org/10.1177/002188638201800313
- R. E. Kelley, "The power of followership." New York: Bantam Doubleday Dell Pub, 1994.
- S. K. Lee, K. H. Son, E. G. Kang and Y. H. Kim, "A study on the influence of enpowering-leadership to creativity and job attitude." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 8, pp. 85-99, 2014.
- D. H. Yang and K. M. Koo, "Influences of follower's characteristics on leader-member exchange and job attitude." Korean Management Review, Vol, 34, No. 3, pp. 939-969, 2005.
- A. J. Colangelo, "Followership: Leadership styles." Doctoral Dissertation. The University of Oklahoma, 2000.
- G. B. Graen and W. Schiemann, "Leader member agreement: A vertical dyad linkage approach." Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol. 63, No. 2, pp. 206-212, 1978. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.63.2.206
- U. H. Lee and H. K. Kim, "Antecedents of organizational citizenship behavior: The mediating role of leader-member exchange." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 151-162, 2015.
- F. Dansereau, Jr., G. Graen and W. J. Haga, "A vertical dyad linkage approach to leadership within formal organizations: A longitudinal investigation of the role making process." Organizational Behavior and Human Performance, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 46-78, 1975. https://doi.org/10.1016/0030-5073(75)90005-7
- S. J. Yoo, Y. K. Kim and T. S. Yan, "An effect of followership characteristics on leader-members exchange, empowerment and job attitudes in the service industry." Journal of the Korea Service Management Society, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 57-78, 2007.
- S. H. Choi and D. H. Lee, "The influence of followership on organizational commitment and innovative behavior via LMX quality." Journal of Industrial Economics and Business, Vol. 26, No. 5, pp. 2407-2430, 2013.
- J. Y. Kim, "Influences of followership competency on followership characteristics and LMX quality: Moderating effect of empowerment." Graduate School of Dankook University. 2014.
- R. Henderson and K. Clark, "Architectural innovation: The reconstruction of existing product technologies and the failure of established forms." Administrative Science Quarterly, Vol. 35, No, 1, pp. 9-30, 1990. https://doi.org/10.2307/2393549
- J. Chang, "Convergence of Education and Information & Communication Technology : A Study on the Communication Characteristics of SNS Affecting Relationship Development between Professor and Student", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 213-219, 2015.
- Y. Kim, "Convergence of Business Information System Process using Knowledge-based Method", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 65-71, 2015.
- R. T. Sparrowe and R. C. Liden, "Two routes to influence: Integrating leader-member exchange and social network perspectives." Administrative Science Quarterly, Vol. 50, No. 4, pp. 505-535, 2005. https://doi.org/10.2189/asqu.50.4.505
- E. A. Locke, "The nature and course of job satisfaction." In M. D. Dunnette(Ed.), Handbook of Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Chicago, IL: Rand McNally. pp. 1297-1349, 1976.
- J. H. Park, "The effect of the leadership type of coffee-shop manager on organizational members' job satisfaction and turnover intention." The Graduate School of Kyonggi University, 2011.
- J. H. Kim, "The effect of job characteristic on the baristar's job satisfaction and turnover intension." The Graduate School of Kyonggi University, 2013.
- N. J. Allen and J. P. Meyer, "The measurement and antecedent exits of affective, continuance and normative commitment to organization." Journal of Occupational Psychology, Vol. 63, pp. 1-18, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.2044-8325.1990.tb00506.x
- B. S. Chakravarthy, A. Zaheer and S. Zaheer, "Knowledge sharing in organizations: A field study." Strategic Management Research Center: University of Minnesota, 1999.
- Y. J. Kim, "A relationship study among knowledge management process, organizational structure, and job satisfaction in the kitchen of luxury hotels." The Graduate School, Pukyong National University, 2011.
- Z. W. Cui, R. L. Li, B. Song and Y. L. Yoon, "The effects of internal marketing on the knowledge sharing and job satisfaction in hotel firms," Event Convention Review, Vol. 9, No, 2, pp. 45-65, 2013.
- G. B. Graen and M. Uhl-Bien, "Relationship-based approach to leadership: Development of leader-member exchange (LMX) theory of leadership over 25 years: Applying a multi-level multi-domain perspective." The Leadership Quarterly, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 219-247, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1016/1048-9843(95)90036-5
- H. H. Jung, "The effects of leadership style on LMX, job satisfaction, and turnover intention - The case of orchestra conductors-." The Graduate School of Jung-ang University, 2012.
- M. S. Heo and M.. J. Cheon, "An empirical study on the relationship of antecedents of flow, organizational commitment, knowledge sharing and job satisfaction." Journal of Information Systems, Vol. 16, No, 4, pp. 1-31, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1057/palgrave.ejis.3000668
- M. Y. Yang, "Knowledge sharing patterns of hotel frontline employees and service quality self-efficacy." Graduate School, Gachon University 2014.
- Effects of Human Resource Management and Knowledge Sharing on Turnover Intention in the Beauty Service Industry vol.15, pp.3, 2017, https://doi.org/10.20402/ajbc.2016.0133