- Volume 14 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Finding Industries for Big Data Usage on the Basis of AHP
AHP 기반의 빅데이터 활용을 위한 산업 탐색
- Lee, Sang-Won (Divison of Information and Electronic Commerce, Wonkwang Uniiversity) ;
- Kim, Sung-Hyun (K-ICT Big data Center, National Information Society Agency)
- Received : 2016.05.17
- Accepted : 2016.07.20
- Published : 2016.07.28
Big Data is gathering all the attention from every business community. Pervasive use of machine-to-machine (M2M) applications and mobile devices bring an explosion of data. By analyzing this data, the private and public sectors can benefit in the areas of cost reduction and productivity. The Korean government is actively pursuing Big Data initiatives to promote its usage. This paper aims to select industries which fit for the development of Big Data with a verification of the experts. The analytic hierarchy process (AHP) is applied to systematically derive the opinion of more than 50 professionals. Medical / welfare, transportation / warehousing, information and communications / information security, energy, the financial sector have been identified as promising industries. The results can be utilized in developing Big Data best practices thus contributing industrial development.
Big Data;AHP;Industry Analysis;Industry Selection;Industry Evaluation
Supported by : Wonkwang University
- E. Turban, E. McLean, and J. Wetherbe, Information Technology for Management, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2015.
- J. Gantz, and D. Reinsel, "Extracting Value from Chaos", IDC, 2011
- B. Hopkins, , B. Evelson, B. Hopkins, B. Evelson, S. Leaver, C. Moore, and M. Cahill, "Expand Your Digital Horizon with Big Data", Forrester, Vol. 9, 2011.
- A. McAfee, and E. Brynjolfsson, "Big Data: The Management Revolution", Harvard Business Review, Vol. 90, No. 10, pp. 60-68, 2012.
- MSIP, "Big Data Industry Development Strategy", The Republic of Korea Government, 2013.
- NRI, "The Advent of Big Data Era", Nomura Research Institute, 2012.
- White House, "Obama Administration Unveils Big Data Initiative: Announces $200 Million in New R&D Investments", in Press Release, 2012.
- R. Kumar, N. Gupta, S. Charu, and S. K. Jangir, "Architectural Paradigms of Big Data", National Conference on Innovation in Wireless Communication and Networking Technology, Association with the Institution of Engineers, Vol. 1, No. 1, 2014.
- A. Syed, K. Gillela, and C. Venugopal, "The Future Revolution on Big Data", Future, Vol. 2, No. 6, 2013.
- A. Z. Santovena, "Big Data: Evolution, Components, Challenges and Opportunities", Doctoral Dissertation, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2013
- D. Laney, "3D Data Management: Controlling Data Volume, Velocity and Variety", Gartner, 2001.
- J. Manyika, M. Chui, B. Brown, J. Bughin, R. Dobbs, C. Roxburgh, and A. H. Byers, "Big Data: The Next Frontier for Innovation, Competition, and Productivity", McKinsey Global Institute, 2011.
- T. L. Saaty, "The Analytic Hierarchy Process", McGraw Hill, 1980
- L. Kim, "Convergence of Information Technology and Corporate Strategy", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 17-26, 2015.
- S. Lee, D. Lee, "FinTech-Conversions of Finance Industry based on ICT", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 97-102, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.3.097
- S. Kim, S. Jang, G. Jang, "Information Technology Adoption and Success Research Review in Small and Medium-sized Enterprises", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol 11. No 3. pp 199-207, 2013.
- T. L. Saaty, "How to Make a Decision: the Analytic Hierarchy Process", European Journal of Operational Research, Vol. 48, No. 1, pp. 9-26, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1016/0377-2217(90)90057-I
- Y. Jung, M. Suk, C. Kim, "A study on the success factors of Bigdata through an analysis of introduction effect of Bigdata", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol 12, No. 11, pp. 241-248, 2014.
- M. Yim, "The Convergence between Manufacturing and ICT: The Exploring Strategies for Manufacturing version 3.0 in Korea", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.14, No. 3, pp.219-226, 2016.
- K. Noh, S. Park, "An Exploratory Study on Application Plan of Bigdata to Manufacturing Execution System", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 1, 2014.
- K. Noh, "A Study on Utilization Strategy of Bigdata for Local Administration by Analyzing Cases", Journal of Digital Convergence 12(1), 2014.
- B. Hwang, S. Kim, "On Implementing a Learning Environment for Big Data Processing using Raspberry Pi", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol 14, No 4, pp.251-258, 2016.
- K. Noh, "Educational Policy Proposals through Analysis of the Perception of Bigdata for University Students", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 11, pp.25-33, 2015.