- Volume 14 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
The effects on intervening of dyslexia high-risk group middle and high school students in Childcare Facilities : Apply the intervention program improves auditory processing
아동 양육 시설의 난독증 고위험군 중·고등학생에 대한 중재 효과: 청각정보처리 개선 중재프로그램 적용
- Kim, Eun-Hee (Dept. of Human Resource Development, Graduate School, Hoseo University) ;
- Song, Sun-Hee (Dept. of Human Resource Development, Hoseo University)
- Received : 2016.04.28
- Accepted : 2016.07.20
- Published : 2016.07.28
The study researches regarding changing in reading and auditory perception ability after intervening dyslexia high-risk group of middle and high school students for improvement on auditory processing of neurological factors, and then aims to make a systematic intervention program for dyslexia students in verifying efficacy. The target of study is dyslexia high-risk group of 168 middle and high school students after a preliminary screening test in Childcare Facilities which are vulnerable social group in Gyeonggi province. They are tested deeply by reading and auditory perception ability, and then 24 students are selected. They are tested 20 times by auditory perception simulation and fluent reading train in TOMATIS Method for improving auditory system which transmits language information, and then are taken by post tests. In conclusion intervention efficacy is sure because reading, understanding, and auditory processing ability are in significant change of statistical analysis after preliminary and post tests. It is an important achievement to show necessity of neurological science access in diagnosis and intervention method of dyslexia through the research.
dyslexia;reading ability;auditory processing;neurological factor;dyslexia intervention
Supported by : 경기도청
- Bakker, D. J., & Vinke. J., "Effects of hemisphere-specific stmulation on brain activity and reading in dyslexics." Journal of Clinical and Experimental Neuropsychology, 7, pp. 505-525, 1985. https://doi.org/10.1080/01688638508401282
- Brown, W. E., Eliez, S., Menon, V., Rumsey, J. M., White, C. D., & Reiss, A. L., "Preliminary evidence of widespread Morphological variations of the brain in dyslexi." Neurology, 27, pp. 781-783, 2001.
- Cho, S. H., "Design and Implementation of a Tester for Dyslexia." Journal of academia -industreal technology, Vol. 7, No. 5, pp. 913-918, 2006.
- Harm, M. W., & Seidenberg, M. S., "Phonology, reading acquisition, and dyslexia: Insights from connectionist models." Psychological Review, 106, pp. 491-528, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-295X.106.3.491
- Kim, M. J., "The Effects of the Auditory Perception Based Phonological Awareness Training Progran for Preschoolers with Articulation and Phonological Disorders." Doctoral dissertation of Daegu University, 2007.
- Kim. S. H.,& Park, H. S., "Effects of Hemisphere Stimulative Intervention on Reading Improvement of Children with Dyslexia." KSSE Academic Journal Vol. 38, No. 2, pp. 57-84, 2003.
- Kim, Y. O., Kang, O. K., Woo, J. H., & Byun, C.S., "A Study on Standardizing a Dyslexia Screening Checklist and Statistical Estimation of Korean Students with Dyslexia." The Korea Journal of Learning Disabilities Vol. 11, No. 2, Vol.12, no.1, pp. 91-117, 2014.
- Kim, Y. W., Woo, J. H., & Shin, J. H., "A Study on Dyslexia Research". Journal of Special Education: Theory and Practice Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 213-242, 2015.
- Orton, ST., "Word-blindness in school children". Archives of Neurology and Psychiatry 14; pp. 285-516, 1925. https://doi.org/10.1001/archneurpsyc.1925.02200140148010
- Ramus, F., Rosen, S., Dakin, S. C., Day, S.L. et al., "Theories of developmental dyslexia: insight from a multiple case study of dyslexia adults." Brain, Vol. 129, No. 4, pp. 841-865, 2003.
- Shaywitz, B., Lyon, G. R., & Shaywitz, S., "The role of functional magne-tic resonance imaging in understanding reading and dyslexia." Developmental Neuropsychology, Vol. 30, No. 1, pp. 613-632, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1207/s15326942dn3001_5
- Shong, H. J., Hyun, S. T., & Lee, B. G., "Development of Measurement Tool for Students with Nurological Problems." International Journal of Contents, Vol. 15, No. 11, pp. 374-385, 2015.
- Temple, E., Deutsch, G. K., Poldrack, R. A., Miller, S. L., Tallal, P., Merzenich, M, M., "Neural deficits in children with dyslexia ameliorated by behavioral remediation." Evidence from functional MRI. Proceedings of the Naional Academy of Sciences, 100, pp. 2860-2865, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.0030098100
- Wright, B. A., Bowen, R. W., & Zecker, S. G., "Nonlinguistic perceptual deficits associated with reading and language disorders." Current Opinion in Neurobiology, 10, pp. 482-486, 2000.
- Han, Y. O., Oh, D. S., & Byeon, H. J., "A Surey on Perception Gaps in Dyslexia: Focusing on Teachers and Parents Group." Journal of the Korean Society for Library and Information Science Vol. 49, No. 1, pp. 17-43, 2015. https://doi.org/10.4275/KSLIS.2015.49.1.017
- Korea Institute for Special Education, "Glossary of special education", 2009.
- Kim, A. H., Kim, U. J., Hwang, M. A., Yoo, H. S., "Test of Reading Achievement and Reading Cognitive Processes Ability : RA-RCP", Hakjisa Publisher, 2014.
- Kim, D. I., "BASA(Basic Academic Skills Assessment)", Hakjisa Publisher, 2000.
- Shinohara Yositos., (translate by Go Seonyun) "Adutory Sense Brain", Central Life Cycle Publishing Company, pp. 104-106, 2006.
- EBS Evening News, http://home.ebs.co.kr/ ebsnews/menu2/newsVodList/evening/H?brdcDt=2014414, 2014. 4. 14.
- http://news.naver.com/man/read.nhn?mode=LPOD&mid=etc&oid=143&aid=0002080381, 2012.
- "Policy Study Report of Seoul Metropolitan Office of Educatio", http://www.sen.go.kr/main/services/index/index.action, 2012-53.
- "The Ministry of Education, 09-04. press release (present condition of suspension of studies of the children in adolescence", http://www.moe.go.kr/main.do, 2014. 4.1.
- "The ordinance on supporting discontinuity in the children's education of Gyeonggi-do Province(no.4733)", http://www.gg.go.kr/#Home, 2014.
- The Chosun Ilbo, http://www.chosun.com/index.html, 1996.7.29.
- Highperformance Brain Institut, "Report of pilot project in Dyslexia", http://www.braintrainingcenter.co.kr/, 2009-2010.
- Burns, M. S., "Application of Neuroscience to Remediation of Auditory Processing. Phonological, Language and Reading Disorders. The Fast ForWord and Brain Programs, in D. Geffner., & D. Swan(Eds). Auditory processing disorders", Assessment, management and treatment(2nd ed). San Diego. Ca Plural Publications, 2012.
- Botes, B., Op de Beeck, H, P., Vandermodten, M., Scott, K, K., Gillebert, C, R., Mantini, D., Ghesquiere, P., "Intact but less accessible phonetic representations in adults with dyslexia." Science, 342,1251-1254, doi:10.1126/science.1244333, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.1244333
- Jeong, H. W., Kim, Y. S., Kim, Y. O., Kang, O. R., Kim, S. H., Hur, S. J., "Comparative Analysis among Stakeholder Groups on Support Needs for Students with Dyslexia", The Korea Journal of Learning Disabilities, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 53-83, 2016.
- Kim, Y. W., Woo, J. H., Shin, J. H., "A Study on Dyslexia Research", The Journal of Special Education : Theory and Practice, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 213-242, 2015.
- Kim, E. J., Choi, Y. I., "A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis of Sensory Integration Intervention Studies in Children with Cerebral Palsy", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 383-389, 2013.
- Choi, Y. S., Park, W. H., "Inclusion Strategy for Hearing Impaired Students with Community of Knowledge", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 10, No. 11, pp. 579-588, 2012
- Kim, K. H., Oh, S. Y., "Vocabulary Likelihood rate Process support for Recognition rate Improvement of Vocabulary Recognition System", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 10, No. 11 pp. 359-363, 2012.
- Oh, S. Y., "Decision Tree Learning Algorithms for Learning Model Classification in the Vocabulary Recognition System", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 9, pp. 153-158, 2013.
- Moon, J. H., Lee, J. Y., "Development of medical/ electrical convergence software for classification between normal and pathological voices", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No.12, pp. 187-192, 2015.
- Kim, S. J., "A Basic Study for the Development of Multidisciplinary Intervention Guide Map of Auditory Processing Disorders", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 12, pp. 259-268, 2015.
- Lee, J. H., Son, J. N., "A Basic Study for the Development of Multidisciplinary Intervention Guide Map of Auditory Processing Disorders", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 12, pp. 433-440, 2015.
- Park, H. R., "The Characteristics of Reading-related Skills in Poor Comprehenders, Poor Readers and Normal Readers in Hangul", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 295-304, 2015.
- Choi, K. H., Park, J. H., "The Analysis of Public Awareness about Literary Therapy by Utilizing Big Data Analysis - The aspects of convergence literature and statistics", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 4, pp. 395-404, 2014.