- Volume 27 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Design of an Ultra-Wideband LPDA Antenna for the Feeder of an Airborne Spinning Direction-Finding Reflector Antenna
공중 회전 방향탐지 반사판 안테나 급전기용 초광대역 LPDA 안테나 설계
- Park, Young-Ju (Agency for Defense Development) ;
- Park, Dong-Chul (Department of Radio and Information Communications Engineering, Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2016.06.14
- Accepted : 2016.07.09
- Published : 2016.08.01
This paper proposes an ultra-wideband Log-Periodic Dipole Array(LPDA) antenna for the feeder of a reflector antenna to be used for airborne spinning direction-finding and detecting wideband signals. To obtain the ultra-wideband characteristics over the 20:1 bandwidth from S to Ka band, the radiation elements of the antenna were printed on a substrate and a wedge-typed dielectric supporter with robust structure was inserted between the substrates. Also, the center portion of the supporter was replaced by a styrofoam material to reduce the supporter weight. The 5-dB return loss of the designed LPDA antenna showed ultra-wideband characteristics, which are 37.57:1(1.09~40.95 GHz) in the simulation and 33.85:1(1.31~44.35 GHz) in the measurement. We achieved the required gains of 5.78 dBi in the simulation and 5.76 dBi in the measurement in the operating band. The proposed robust, light-weight, and ultra-wideband LPDA antenna confirmed that it can be applied for airborne applications.
Grant : BK21플러스
Supported by : 충남대학교
- S. E. Lipsky, Microwave Passive Direction Finding, Scitech publishing, Inc., pp. 93-99, 2004.
- R. H. DuHamel, F. R. Ore, "Log periodic feeds for lens and reflectors", IRE National Convention Record, vol. 7, pp. 128-137, 1959. https://doi.org/10.1109/IRECON.1959.1150790
- https://www.rockwellcollins.com/Data/Products/EW_and_ Intelligence/SIGINT/ANT-1040_Spinning_DF_Antenna.aspx, ANT- 1040 Spinning DF Antenna, 2016년 5월.
- 박영주, 박동철, "항공기 탑재용 경량화 지지 구조를 갖는 평면 LPDA 안테나 설계", 한국전자파학회논문지, 27(3), pp. 253-260, 2016년 3월.
- R. Carrel, "Analysis and design of the log-periodic dipole antennas", Ph. D. dissertation, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL, USA, 1961.
- W. L. Stutzman, G. A. Thiele, Antenna Theory and Design, 2nd ed., John Wiley & Sons, Inc., pp. 259-270, 1998.
- C. A. Balanis, Antenna Theory Analysis and Design, 3rd ed., Wiley Interscience, pp. 619-637, 2005.