- Volume 26 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Systematic Review of Bee Venom Therapy for Traumatic Injury
임상에서 흔히 접하는 외상성 손상에 대한 봉독약침요법의 체계적 문헌고찰
- Received : 2016.06.16
- Accepted : 2016.07.08
- Published : 2016.07.31
Objectives To evaluate the evidence supporting the effectiveness of Bee Venom therapy for traumatic injury. Methods We conducted search across 3 electronic databases (Pubmed, CAJ and Oasis) to find clinical trials that used Bee Venom therapy as treatment for traumatic injury. The methodological quality of RCTs (Randomized controlled clinical trials) were assessed using the Cochrane Risk of Bias (RoB) tool, while NRCTs (Non-Randomized controlled clinical trials) were assessed using the Cochrane Risk of Bias Assessment tool for Non-randomized Study (RoBANS) tool. Results Among 87 articles that were searched, 10 RCTs and 19 NRCTs were finally selected. Among 19 selected studies, all studies showed that Bee Venom therapy has significant effect on traumatic injury. Conclusions Our systematic review found encouraging but limited evidence of Bee Venom therapy for traumatic injury. We recommend clinical trials which compare the effectiveness of Bee Venom therapy with other pharmacopuncture therapies to clarify the effectiveness of Bee Venom therapy from other pharmacopuncture therapies.
Bee Venom therapy;traumatic injury;systematic review
- Korean Pharmacopuncture Institute Science Committee. Pharmacopuncture. Seoul: Elsvier Korea. 2008:23-6.
- Han CH, Lee YS, Kwon OM, Lee YJ. The Review on the Study of Bee Venom in the Journals of Korean Medicine. Korean Journal Of Acupuncture. 2013;30(1);27-36.
- Lee JH. "Increase of Korean Medicine Traffic Accident Insurance Patients". Medical Times. 2016 April 4. Available from: URL: http://www.medicaltimes.com/News/1103752
- Korea Workers' Compensation & Welfare Service Eligibility Review team. 2003-2010 The number of paid for oriental medical institution of Industrial Accident Compensation Insurance.-by year. Available from: URL: https://oasis.kiom.re.kr/statistics/detailView.jsp?idx=252
- The Society of Korean Rehabilitation Medicine. Oriental rehabilitation medicine. 3rd edtion. Seoul:Koonja publishing. 2011:194.
- Lee SJ, Lee JS, Woo JH, Kim ES, Han KW, Kim KW, Nam JH, Lee MJ, Song JH. Case Series of the Effect of Cervical Facet Joint Bee-Venom Acupuncture for 10 Patients with Whiplash Injury. The Journal of Oriental Sports Medicine. 2011;11(1);41-7.
- Kim KW, Lee MJ, Jun JY, Lim SJ, Lee CH, Kim HS, Ha IH. The Comparitive Study on the Effect of Shinbaro Pharmacopuncture and Bee Venom Pharmacopuncture Treatment of Patient Diagnosed as Cervical Disc Hermiation Based on the MRI after Traffic Accident: A Retrospective, Case Series Observational Study. The Acupuncture. 2014;31(1);43-50. https://doi.org/10.13045/acupunct.2014005
- Lee YC, Nam DJ, Huh G, Lee JE, Kim B, Song EM, Lee EJ, Lee JM, Oh MS. The Comparative Study on the Effect of HWANGRYUNHAEDOKTANG Pharmacopuncture and Essential Bee Venom Pharmacopuncture for Cervical Pain Caused by Traffic Accidents: A Randomized Controlled Trial. The Journal of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. 2014;24(4);145-53.
- Lee JH, Kim JS, Yang KY, Han SY, Lee JY, Hwang EM. Effect of Bee-venom Acupuncture on Low Back Pain by Traffic Accidents. The Journal of Korea CHUNA Manual Medicine for Spine & Nerves. 2011;6(2);61-70.
- Kim TH, Park WH, Cha YY. Comparative Study of Effects on Bee Venom Pharmacopuncture and Ouhyul Herbal Acpuncture in Low Back Pain Caused by Traffic Accident. The Journal of Oriental Rehabilitation Medicine. 2012;22(2);177-84.
- Kim KH, Choi YS, Nam DW, Kim JI, Cho KH, Choi DY, Lee JD. A Clinical Study on the Effect of Acupuncture and Bee-Venom Acupuncture for Patients with Chronic Whiplash Injury. The Journal of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society. 2006;23(6);145-51.
- Park KB, Shin KH, Song KH, Cho JH. The Clinical Study on Bee-venom Acupuncture on Neck Pain by Traffic Accidents. The Journal of the Korea Institute of Oriental Medical Informatics. 2005;11(2);49-56.
- Song BY. A Clinical Study on the Effects of Sweet Bee Venom Herbal Acupuncture for Patients with Whiplash Injury. The Journal of Pharmacopuncture. 2007;10(3);77-83. https://doi.org/10.3831/KPI.2007.10.3.077
- Lee H. The Comparative Study on the Bee-Venom Therapy and Common Acupuncture Therapy for the Acute Ankle Sprain. The Korean Journal of Meridian & Acupoint. 2004;21(4);133-43.
- Song HS. The Effect of Bee Venom Acupuncture(BVA) on acute Ankle Sprain : A Randomized Controlled Trial and double blinding - Pilot study. The Journal of Pharmacopuncture. 2005;8(2);11-6.
- Kang I, Moon JY, Lim MJ, Cho JH, Lee HE. The Comparison Study between Different Interventions for Treating Acute Ankle Sprain - Using Dry Needle, Bee Venom Acupuncture, Hwangryunhaedoktang Herbal Acupuncture -. The Journal of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society. 2008;25(5);89-95.
- Seo JW, Park MJ, Sung IH, Kim NM, Ahn CK. A Clinical Study of Bee Venom Acupuncture Therapy on the Treatment of Acute Ankle Sprain. The Journal of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society. 2006;23(1);95-103.
- Kim KT, An BJ, Kang MS, Song HS. A Clinical Study of Bee Venom Acupuncture Therapy on Chronic Arthritis of Ankle. The Journal of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society. 2006;23(4);21-6.
- Lee SN, Hong SY, Byun IJ, Ahn KH, Kwon SJ, Song WS, Kang MS, Song HS, Kim KH. The Clinical Study on Bee Venom Acupuncture Treatment of Patient with Thoracolumbar Compression Fracture. The Journal of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society.2002;19(6);35-48.
- An GH, Lee H, Lee BR. The Comparative Study on the Bee-Venom Therapy and Common Acupuncture Therapy for the Lateral Epicondylitis (Tennis Elbow). Daejeon University Korean Medicine Rearch Institution. 2004;13(2);267-76.
- Kang YH, Kim HE, Cho MJ, Kim TW, Yoon KB, Kim EY. The Clinical Effects of Korean Bee-Venom Thrapy in Neck Pain Due to Soft Tissue Damage. The Journal of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society. 2002;19(6);67-79.
- Shin YJ. A Clinical Pilot Study Comparing Sweet Bee Venom parallel treatment with only Acupuncture Treatment in patient diagnosed with lumbar spine sprain. The Journal of Pharmacopuncture. 2011;14(2);37-43. https://doi.org/10.3831/KPI.2011.14.2.037
- Uhm BK, Kim JW, Kim CY, Han SW, Yang KY, Cho TY. Lateral Epicondylitis of the Elbow by Oriental Medical Treatments : 4 Cases Report. The Journal of Korea CHUNA Manual Medicine for Spine & Nerves. 2012;7(1);103-12.
- Yang Karam, Song HS. Effect of Bee Venom Acupuncture Complex Therapy of Thoracolumbar Compression Fracture. The Journal of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society. 2008;25(3);29-39.
- Lee KS, Lee GM, Yeom SC. Clinical Study on the case of Lumbar compression fracture with Traditional Korean Medicine, Especially the SAAM Acunpture, Carthami-Flos Herbal Acupuncture. Korean Journal of Oriental Physiology & Pathology. 2004;18(4);1228-31.
- Han CH, Lee YS, Kwon OM, Lee YJ. The Review on the Study of Bee Venom in the Journals of Korean Medicine. Korean Journal of Acupuncture. 2013;30(1);27-36.
- Kim HJ, Ji YS, Lee SM, Jeon JH, Kim YI. A Systematic Review of Clinical Study of Bee Venom Acupuncture. The Acupuncture. 2013;30(4);151-159.
- Lee YS, Lee YJ, Han CH. The Review on the Randomized Controlled Clinical Trials of Bee Venom in the Journal of Korean Medicine. The Journal of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. 2013;3(23); 87-106.
- Kim SY, Park JE, Seo HJ, Lee YJ, Jang BH, Son HJ, Suh HS, Shin CM. NECA's guidance for undertaking systematic reviews and meta-analysis for intervention. National Evidence-based Healthcare Collaborating Agency. 2011.