- Volume 5 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Low Insertion-Loss, High-Isolation Switch Based on Single Pole Double Throw for 2.4GHz BLE Applications
- Truong, Thi Kim Nga (College of Information and Communication Engineering, Sungkyunkwan University) ;
- Lee, Dong-Soo (College of Information and Communication Engineering, Sungkyunkwan University) ;
- Lee, Kang-Yoon (College of Information and Communication Engineering, Sungkyunkwan University)
- Received : 2016.03.30
- Accepted : 2016.05.24
- Published : 2016.06.30
A low insertion-loss, high-isolation switch based on single pole double throw (SPDT) for a 2.4GHz Bluetooth low-energy transceiver is presented in this paper. In order to increase isolation, the body floating technique is implemented. Based on characteristics whereby the ratio of the sizes of the shunt and the series transistors significantly affect the performance of the switches, the device sizes are optimized. A simple matching network is also designed to enhance the insertion loss. Thus, the SPDT switch has high isolation and low insertion loss without increasing the complexity of the circuit. The proposed SPDT is designed and simulated in a complementary metal-oxide semiconductor 65nm process. The switch has a
Grant : Development of SoC for Positioning Service using BLE v4.2 IP
Supported by : Ministry of Trade, Industry & Energy
- S. K. Yeo; Y. S. Kwon, "X-band high-power HEMT SPDT switch with selectively anodised aluminium substrate", Electronics Letters, Volume: 46, Issue: 24, Pages: 1627-1629, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1049/el.2010.1929
- S. Cheng; P. Rantakari; R. Malmqvist; C. Samuelsson; T. Vaha-Heikkila; A. Rydberg; J. Varis, "Switched Beam Antenna Based on RF MEMS SPDT Switch on Quartz Substrate", Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Volume: 8, Pages: 383 - 386, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/LAWP.2009.2018712
- Y. C. Wu; E. Y. Chang; Y. C. Lin; L. H. Hsu, "Evaluation of Electrical Characteristics of the Copper-Metallized SPDT GaAs Switches at Elevated Temperatures", Transactions on Device and Materials Reliability, Volume: 8, Issue: 3, Pages: 621 - 628,2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TDMR.2008.2002493
- Y. C. Wu; E. Y. Chang; Y. C. Lin; H. T. Hsu; S. H. Chen; W. C. Wu; L. H. Chu; C. Y. Chang, "SPDT GaAs Switches With Copper Metallized Interconnects", IEEE MICROWAVE AND WIRELESS COMPONENTS LETTERS, VOL. 17, NO. 2, FEBRUARY 2007.
- Mei-Chao Yeh, Zuo-Min Tsai, Ren-Chieh Liu, Kun-You Lin, Ying-Tang Chang, and Huei Wang; "Design and Analysis for a Miniature CMOS SPDT Switch Using Body-Floating Technique to Improve Power Performance," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Volume:54 , Issue: 1, pp. 31 - 39, January 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMTT.2005.860894
- Chul Woo Byeon, Chul Soon Park, "Design and Analysis of the Millimeter-Wave SPDT Switch for TDD Applications"; IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Volume:61, NO. 8, August 2013.
- Tomohiro Sano, et al., "A 6.3mW BLE Transceiver Embedded RX Image-Rejection Filter and TX Harmonic-Suppression Filter Reusing On-Chip Matching Network", Solid-State Circuits Conference Digest of Technical Papers (ISSCC), 2015 IEEE International, pp. 236-238, Feb. 2015.
- Feng-Jung Huang and Kenneth O, "A 0.5-um CMOS T/R switch for 900-MHz wireless applications," IEEE J. Solid State Circuits, vol. 36, pp. 486-492, May 2000.
- 40 dB-Isolation, 1.85 dB-Insertion Loss Full CMOS SPDT Switch with Body-Floating Technique and Ultra-Small Active Matching Network Using On-Chip Solenoid Inductor for BLE Applications vol.7, pp.11, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3390/electronics7110297