- Volume 17 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Effects of Lespedeza Caneata ethanol extract on the Liver, Kidneys of Lead administered Mice
야관문(Lespedeza Caneata) Ethanol 추출물이 납 투여한 생쥐의 간장과 콩팥에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2016.05.04
- Accepted : 2016.06.02
- Published : 2016.06.30
This study determined the effect of Lespedeza Caneata extract on the livers and kidneys of lead-administered mice. The experimental groups were divided into a normal group, Pb 4W group, Pb-LC 4W group, Pb 8W group, and Pb-LC 8W group. The normal group was supplied single distilled water, and the pb group was provided distilled water in which lead acetate was dissolved at 1,000 ppm. The Pb-LC group was provided with lead as drinking water, and the Lespedeza Caneata was orally medicated at a concentration of 500 mg/kg daily. AST, ALT, and BUN enzyme activities and histological experiments on the livers and kidneys resulted in the following conclusions. AST, ALT, and BUN activities increased in the experimental group compared to the normal group and decreased more in the Pb-LC group than the pb group during the same period. The histological results reveal that portions of the livers and kidneys were deformed in the Pb 4W group, and most of the Pb 8W group experienced necrosis and deformation. pb-LC4W and Pb-LC 8W groups experienced less deformation than the Pb 4W and Pb 8W groups. During the same period, the Pb-LC group experienced less histological changes than the Pb group. These results suggest that Lespedeza Caneata extract may have some protective effect on hepatic tissue and renal tissue damage with lead-administered in mice.
ALT;AST;BUN;lead acetate;Lespedeza Caneata extract;liver;kidney
- D. M. Settle, C. C. Patterson, "Lead in albacore guide to lead pollution in americans", Science 14, pp. 1167-1176, 1980. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1126/science.6986654
- B. Barltrop, A. J. Barrett, J. T. Dingle, "Clinic and experimental subcellular distribution of lead in the rat", J Lab clin Med, 77, pp. 705-712, 1971.
- E. Bonucci, G. Silverstrini, "Ultrastructural studies in experimental lead intoxication", Contr Nephrol, 64, pp. 261-267, 1988. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1159/000415731
- J. S. Chisolm, "Recommendation for the prevention of lead poisioning in childen", Nutr Rev, 34, pp. 321-327, 1976.
- H. A. Hilmy, N. E. Domaity, A. Y. Daabees, "Effect of EDTA on acute mercury poisoning of toad", Comp Biochem Physiol, 85, pp. 253-254, 1986.
- S. H. Han, M. K. Shin, S. B. Lee, "Effects of Extracts of Shanshuyu on Removal of lead in rat", Kor j Food Culture, 18(6), pp. 544-550, 2003.
- H. J. Sheo, Y. S. Seo, "A study on the antidotal effects of dietary Garlic juice on the lead poisoning Rats", Kor J Soc Food Sci. Nutr, 34(3), pp. 342-350, 2005. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2005.34.3.342 https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2005.34.3.342
- S. P. Kim, J. K. Yoon, K. K. Park, "Administration of Lead Acetate on the Acitivity of Free Radical Metabolizing Enzyme and Ultrastructural Changes in Rat Kidney", Kor J Toxicol, 11(1), pp. 57-62, 1995.
- K. A. Chung, Y. B. Roh, "Histological Study on the Effects of the Green-Tea in Rat Liver Toxicated by Lead", Kor j electron microscopy, 30(2), pp 165-172, 2000.
- S. Matsuura, M. Iinuma, E. Ito, H. Takami, K. Kagei, "Studies on the constituents of the useful plants. VIII. The constituents of Lespedeza cuneata G. Don", Yakug aku Zasshi 98, pp. 1542-1544. 1978. https://doi.org/10.1248/yakushi1947.98.11_1542
- H. J. Lee, G. N. Lim, M. A. Park, S. N. Park, "Antibacterial and antioxidative activity of Lespedeza cuneata G. Don", Kor J Microbiol Biotechnol, 39, pp. 63-69, 2011.
- H. K. Jung, K. S. Kim, Y. S. Jeong, "Wound Healing Effects of Lespedeza cuneata Extract", Kor J Soc Food Sci Nutr, 43(3), pp. 374-380, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2014.43.3.374 https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2014.43.3.374
- H. I. Lee, J Y. Jung, M. B. Hwang, S. K. Ku, Y. W. Kim, S. Y. Jee, "Anti-inflammatory effects of Lespedeza Cuneata in vivo and in vitro", Kor J Herbology, 28(4), pp. 83-92, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.6116/kjh.2013.28.4.83 https://doi.org/10.6116/kjh.2013.28.4.83
- E. J. Cho, H. M. Ju, C. H. Jeong, S. H. Eom, H. J. Heo, D. O. Kim, "Effect of Phenolic Extract of Dry Leaves of Lespedeza cuneata G. Don on Antioxidant Capacity and Tyrosinase Inhibition", Kor J Hort Sci Technol, 29(4), pp. 358-365, 2011.
- D. I. Kim, J. H. Hong, "Optimization of Ethanol Extraction Conditions for Functional Components from Lespedeza cuneata Using Response Surface Methodology", Kor J Food Cookery Sci, 28(3), pp. 275-283, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2012.28.3.275 https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2012.28.3.275
- S. A. Counter, L. H. Buchanan, "Mercury exposure in children: a review", Toxicol Appl Pharmacol, 198(2), pp. 209-30, 2004. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.taap.2003.11.032 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.taap.2003.11.032
- J. G. Dorea, "Mercury and lead during breast-feeding", Br J Nutr, 92(1), pp. 21-40, 2004. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1079/BJN20041163 https://doi.org/10.1079/BJN20041163
- K. H. Lee, K. H. Lee, "Effect of Taraxacum Mongolicum Extract on Serum Heavy Metal Levels and Blood Parameters of Albino Rats Exposed to Lead and Mercury", Kor J Environ Agric, 31(3), pp. 264-270, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2012.31.3.264 https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2012.31.3.264
- Joo SY. Preventive medicine. p.288-294, Gaechuk moonhwasa, Seoul, 1995.
- S. H. Han, "Effects of Extracts of Pueraria radix on Enzymes Activities of Serum and Lead Level of the Tissues of the Pb-administered Rats", Kor j food sci technol, 32(4), pp. 914-919, 2000.
- Y. K. Ahn, J. G. Chung, J. Y. Kim, J. H. Kim, K. S. Kim, "The Effects of Ginseng Ethanol Extracts on the toxicity of lead acetate in mice" Kor J Environ Toxicol, 2, pp. 25-32, 1987.
- K. A. Chung, Y. B. Roh, "Histological and Biochemical Study on the Effects of the Green-Tea in Rat Kidney Toxicated by Lead", Kor j electron microscopy, 30(3), pp. 273-283, 2000.
- S. K. Kim, M. H. Lee, "Effect of consecutive lead- administration on testis weights, number and motility of sperm organ weights and histological changes in rats", Kor j animal Reprod, 25(2), pp. 147-153, 2001.
- S. Y. Cho, M. J. Kim, M. K. Lee, E. M. Park, J. Y. Jang, J. M. Choi, D. J. Kim, "Effect of Korean Traditional Tea Materials on Minerals Content and Histological Changes in Pb-Administered Rats", Kor J Soc Food Sci Nutr, 33(2), pp. 311-317, 2004. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2004.33.2.311 https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2004.33.2.311
- J. S. Kim, "Changes of the antioxidant enzymes and histopathological changes of liver and kidney according to administered dosage of Bambusae caulis in liquamen in mice", Kor j electron microscopy, 32(4), pp. 399-410, 2002.
- Y. H. Lee, M. H. Park, H. W. Choi, B. K. Chun, B. Hur, H. J. Tak, I. C. Hwang, "Curative and Protective Effects of Garlic on Lead Poisoning", Kor J Life Scie, 11(6), pp. 543-553, 2001.