- Volume 17 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Design of a shoe rack for effective sterilization and deodorization of the shoes contaminated by various bacteria
오염된 신발의 효율적인 살균과 탈취를 위한 신발장의 설계
- Received : 2016.05.02
- Accepted : 2016.06.02
- Published : 2016.06.30
The aim of this study was to establish the optimal conditions to design a shoe rack that could effectively sterilize and deodorize shoes contaminated by various bacteria. The manufacture and evaluation of a shoe rock was conducted for one year from October 2014 to September 2015. The antibacterial efficacies were evaluated using Escherichia coli and Staphylococcus aureus by JIS Z 2801:2010. The deodorization efficiency was identified by the standard method for deodorization efficiency evaluation of an indoor air cleaner established by Korea Air Cleaning Association, SPS-KACA002-132:2006. The results showed that antibacterial evaluation showed more than 99.9% of the sterilization effects on Escherichia coli and Staphylococcus aureus after exposure to ultraviolet (UV) light for 30 seconds. The average deodorization efficiency for the test gases was 42.5%. The temperature in the shoes and in the shoe rack was lower than
active carbon;deodorization;shoe rack;sterilization;UV lamp
- P. K. Ng, K. S. Jee, N. M. S. Ng, L. W. Thong, C. Y. Ng, J. A. Yeow and K. L. Toh, "Design and development of an automated shoe rack", Paper Presented at International Conference on Technology and Environmental Science, 2015. Available from: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/283837407_Design_and_Development_of_an_Automated_Shoe_Rack (accessed May 1, 2016).
- S. J. Park, J. S. Shin and J. Kawasaki, "Ammonia removal of activated carbons modified by ozone treatment", Journal of the Korean Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, 14(8), pp.1133-1137, 2003.
- S. H. Park, D. H. Shin, J. S. Choi, K. H. Kim, "Effective sterilization method of the bacteria-inducing offensive odor of shoes", Korean J Dermatol, 44(5), pp.554-560, 2006.
- B. Y. Kim, A study on indoor air cleaning in crowd facilities using arc reaction : focused on bacteria sterilization from the air, Doctoral Dissertation at Myongji University, 2011.
- Y. S. Kwak, J. K. Chang, "Effect of various sterilization methods on growth of microorganism contaminated in ginseng powder", J Fd Hyg Safety, 16(3), pp.221-226, 2001.
- Y. S. Kwak, K. B. No, J. K. Chang, and K. J. Choi, "Effect of ozone treatment on growth of microorganisms contaminated ginseng powders", J Fd Hyg Safety, 10(1), pp.45-51, 1995.
- Y. H. Yoon, S. H. Nam, J. C. Joo, H. S. Ahn, "Photocatalytic disinfection of indoor suspended microorganisms (Escherichia coli and Bacillus subtilis spore) with ultraviolet light", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, 15(2), pp. 1204-1210, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.2.1204 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.2.1204
- Z. D. Meng, K. Z., W. C. Oh, "Photocatalytic activity of Fe treated AC/TiO2 composites between visible light and UV light irradiation", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, 11(5), pp.1760-1767, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2010.11.5.1760 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2010.11.5.1760
- S. B. Park, S. C. Kwon, "Microbiological hazard analysis for HACCP system application to red pepper powder", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, 16(4), pp. 2602-2608, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.4.2602 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.4.2602
- S. B. Park, S. C. Kwon, "Microbiological hazard analysis for HACCP system application to fermented milk", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, 16(1), pp.438-444, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.1.438 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.1.438
- B. J. Park, J. H. Ryu, J. B. Park, "The Development of cleaning and monitoring system for pipeline type UV sterilizer", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, 14(12), pp. 6434-6440, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.12.6434 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.12.6434
- J. Oses, J. F. Palacio, S. Kulkarni, A. Medrano, J. A. R. Garcia, R. Rodriguez, "Antibacterial PVD coatings doped with silver by ion implantation", Applied Surface Science, 310, pp.56-61, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.apsusc.2014.04.043 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apsusc.2014.04.043
- S. S. Yun, "CA certificate system for Room Air Cleaner", Air Cleaning Technology, 23(4), pp.37-46, 2010.
- J. C. Cheong, C. S. Jhune, C. J. Lee, J. A. Oh and P. G. Shin, "Methods of temperature measurement of medium in bottle during sterilization", Journal of Mushroom Science and Production, 9(2), pp.74-79, 2011.
- H. Cho, J. Y. Sohn, "Assessment of indoor volatile organic compounds & formaldehyde emission characteristics in new apartments with the effectuation of the indoor air quality law", Journal of the Korean Society of Living Environmental System, 17(2), pp.206-213, 2010.
- J. K. Chun, Y. J. Lee, K. M. Kim, H. W. Lee, E. Y. Jang, "Sterilizing and deodorizing effect of UV-ray air cleaner for refrigerator", Korean J Food Sci Technol, 25(2), pp.174-177, 1993.
- S. Kobayashi, "Relationship between an offensive smell given off from human foot and Staphylococcus Nippon Saikingaku Zasshi, 45, pp.797-800, 1990. https://doi.org/10.3412/jsb.45.797
- IFTPS, Heat transfer distribution as an extension of temperature distribution studies, 2016.
Supported by : 중소기업청