- Volume 16 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Simulation Method for Reduction Facilities of Natural Type for Non-Point Pollution by the SWMM
SWMM을 이용한 자연형 비점오염 저감 시설의 모의 방법
- Kang, Taeuk (Industry-Academic Cooperation Foundation, Kyungsung University) ;
- Lee, Sangjin (K-water Research Institute, K-water)
- Received : 2015.11.04
- Accepted : 2016.02.17
- Published : 2016.04.30
Recently, adapting facilities of natural type for non-point pollution is being proliferated to replace reduction facilities of manufactured type. However, integrated removal efficiency of the reduction facilities of natural type for non-point pollution is difficult to estimate because those facilities are distributed on several locations in a basin. The facilities of natural type also reduce pollutant load by storage, infiltration, and lag of stormwater. The study suggested a simulation method for the reduction facilities of natural type for non-point pollution using the SWMM. The method was applied to a study area, and it was evaluated whether the planned reduction facilities of manufactured type for non-point pollution may be replaced with facilities of natural type. Consequently, reduction facilities of natural type for non-point pollution with artificial wetland and vegetative swale could remove 93.6% of the non-point pollution that is planned to treat with the reduction facilities of manufactured type for non-point pollution. The results from the study will be used to plan natural stormwater treatment devices.
non-point source pollution;reduction facilities for non-point pollution;facilities of natural type;facilities of manufactured type;removal efficiency of pollution load
Supported by : 국토교통부
- Cho, S.J., Kang, M.J., Kwon, H., Lee, J.W., and Kim, S. (2013) Evaluation of the effectiveness of low impact development practices in an urban area: non-point pollutant removal measures using EPA-SWMM. Journal of Korean Society on Water Environment, Korean Society on Water Environment, Vol. 29, No. 4, pp. 466-475.
- Chow, V.T., Maidment, D.R., and Mays, L.W. (1988) Applied Hydrology. McGraw-Hill.
- James, W., Huber, W.C., Dickinson, R.E., Pitt, R.E., James, W.R.C., Roesner, L.A., and Aldrich, J.A. (2005) User's guide to SWMM. CHI, Ontario, Canada.
- Kang, T., and Lee, S. (2014) Development on an automatic calibration module of the SWMM for watershed runoff simulation and water quality simulation. Journal of Korea Water Resources Association, Korea Water Resources Association, Vol. 47, No. 4, pp. 343-356. https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2014.47.4.343
- K-water (2011) Report for east site of Songsan Green City.
- Lee, J., Kang D., Park, M., and Kim, S. (2014) Study for management of non-point source in Sooyeong River watershed using SWMM. Journal of the Korean Society of Hazard Mitigation, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 327-336.
- Lee, J.Y., Jang, S.H., and Park, J.S. (2008) Application of SWMM for management of the non-point source in urban area: case study on the Pohang City. Journal of Environmental Health Sciences, Vol. 34, No. 3, pp. 247-254. https://doi.org/10.5668/JEHS.2008.34.3.247
- Ministry of Environment (2006a) Guide book on installation declaration of devices for reduction of non-point source pollution.
- Ministry of Environment (2006b) Handbook for management of non-point source pollution.
- Ministry of Environment (2014) Manual for installation, maintenance, and operation of reduction facilities for non-point pollution.
- National Institute of Environmental Research (2009) A study for best management practice of non-point source pollution on development project and workspace for total pollution load management.
- Rawls, W.J., Brakensiek, D.L., and Miller, N. (1983) Green-Ampt infiltration parameters from soils data. Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, ASCE, Vol. 109, No. 1, pp. 62-70. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9429(1983)109:1(62)
- Rossman, L.A. (2010) Storm Water Management Model User's Manual Version 5.0. EPA/600/R-05/040, National Risk Management Research Laboratory, Environmental Protection Agency, Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Effectiveness of Settling Treatment System to Reduce Urban Nonpoint Source Pollutant Load by First Flush vol.39, pp.3, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2017.39.3.140