- Volume 32 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Development of Primary Standard Gas Mixtures for Monitoring Monoterpenes (α-pinene, 3-carene, R-(+)-limonene, 1,8-cineole) Ambient Levels (at 2 nmol/mol)
대기 중 모노테르펜 (α-피넨, 3-카렌, R-리모넨, 1,8-시네올) 측정을 위한 혼합표준가스개발
- Kang, Ji Hwan (Department of Applied Chemistry and Biological Engineering, Chungnam National University) ;
- Kim, Mi Eon (Center for Gas Analysis, Division of Metrology for Quality of Life, Korea Research Institute of Standards and Science (KRISS)) ;
- Kim, Young Doo (Center for Gas Analysis, Division of Metrology for Quality of Life, Korea Research Institute of Standards and Science (KRISS)) ;
- Rhee, Young Woo (Department of Applied Chemistry and Biological Engineering, Chungnam National University) ;
- Lee, Sangil (Center for Gas Analysis, Division of Metrology for Quality of Life, Korea Research Institute of Standards and Science (KRISS))
- 강지환 (충남대학교 바이오응용화학과 화학공학) ;
- 김미언 (한국표준과학연구원) ;
- 김용두 (한국표준과학연구원) ;
- 이영우 (충남대학교 바이오응용화학과 화학공학) ;
- 이상일 (한국표준과학연구원)
- Received : 2016.03.30
- Accepted : 2016.04.18
- Published : 2016.06.30
Among biogenic volatile organic compounds (BVOCs) in the natural ecosystem, monoterpenes, along with isoprene, play important roles in atmospheric chemistry and make significant impacts on air pollution and climate change, especially due to their contribution to secondary organic aerosol production and photochemical ozone formation. It is essential to measure monoterpene concentrations accurately for understanding their oxidation processes, emission processes and estimation, and interactions between biosphere and atmosphere. Thus, traceable calibration standards are crucial for the accurate measurement of monoterpenes at ambient levels. However, there are limited information about developing calibrations standards for monoterpenes in pressured cylinders. This study describes about developing primary standard gas mixtures (PSMs) for monoterpenes at about 2 nmol/mol, near ambient levels. The micro-gravimetric method was applied to prepare monoterpene (
Grant : 대기환경 측정표준 기술개발
Supported by : 국가과학기술연구회
- Cho, K.T., J.C. Kim, and J.H. Hong (2006) A study on the comparison of biogenic VOC (BVOC) emissions estimates by BEIS and CORINAIR methodologies, Journal of Korean Society for Atmospheric Environment, 22(2), 167-177.
- Fuentes, J.D., M. Lerdau, R. Atkinson, D. Baldocchi, J.W. Bottenheim, P. Ciccioli, B. Lamb, C. Geron, L. Gu, A. Guenther, T.D. Sharkey, and W. Stockwell (2000) Biogenic hydrocarbons in the atmospheric boundary layer: A Review, Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, 81(7), 1537-1575. https://doi.org/10.1175/1520-0477(2000)081<1537:BHITAB>2.3.CO;2
- Guenther, A., C.N. Hewitt, D. Erickson, R. Fall, C. Geron, T. Graedel, P. Harley, L. Klinger, M. Lerdau, W.A. Mckay, T. Pierce, B. Schloes, R. Stenbrecher, R. Tallamraju, J. Taylor, and P. Zimmerman (1995) A global model of natural volatile organic compound emissions, Journal of Geophysical Research, 100 (D5), 8873-8892. https://doi.org/10.1029/94JD02950
- Holgate, S.T., J.N. Samet, H.S. Koren, and R.L. Maynard (1999) Pollution, and Health, ACADEMIC PRESS, p. 121.
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO), (2008) ISO/IEC Guide 98-3 Uncertainty of measurement, Guide to the expression of uncertainty in measurement: 2008 (GUM 1995). http://www.iso.org/iso/home/store/catalogue_tc/catalogue_detail.htm?csnumber=50461.
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO) (2015) ISO 6142-1 Gas analysis - Preparation of calibration gas mixtures - Part 1: Gravimetric method for Class I mixtures. http://www.iso.org/iso/home/store/catalogue_tc/catalogue_detail.htm?csnumber=59631.
- Kesselmeier, J. and M. Staudt (1999) Biogenic Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC): An Overview on Emission, Physiology and Ecology, Journal of Atmospheric Chemistry, 33(1), 23-88.
- Penuelas, J. and J. Llusia (2003) BVOCs: plant defense against climate warming?, Trends in Plant Science, 8(3), 105-109. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1360-1385(03)00008-6
- Penuelas, J. and M. Staudt (2010) BOVs and global change, Trends in Plant Science, 15(3), 133-144. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tplants.2009.12.005
- Rhoderick, G.C. (2005) Long-term stability of hydrocarbons in NIST gas standard reference material (SRM) 1800, Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, 383(1), 98-106. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00216-005-3381-3
- Rhoderick, G.C. and J. Lin (2013) Stability Assessment of Gas Mixtures Containing Monoterpenes in Varying Cylinder Materials and Treatments, Analytical Chemistry, 85 (9), 4675-4685. https://doi.org/10.1021/ac400324v
- World Meteorological Organization (WMO), GAW Programme (2006) The German Contribution to the GAW Programme, WMO TD No. 1336 http://www.wmo.int/pages/prog/arep/gaw/gaw-reports.html.