- Volume 49 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Geology and Mineralization in Constancia Porphyry Cu-Mo Mine, Cusco State, Southeastern Peru
페루 남동부 쿠스코주 콘스탄시아 반암동-몰리브데늄 광산의 지질 및 광화작용
- Received : 2016.03.25
- Accepted : 2016.06.22
- Published : 2016.06.28
Constancia mine is a deposit developed within Andahuaylas-Yauri Cu-Mo-Au metallogenic belt, southeastern Peru and is located in the southwestern part of Abancay deformation zone structurally as the porphyry copper deposit type. Mineralized zone in Constancia mine are composed of leached zone, secondary enrichment zone(ca. 1% Cu), mixed zone, primary mineralized zone(ca. 0.5%), skarn zone(ca. 1.5% Cu) from the upper part. Main country rock is monzonitic porphyry. Leached zone are characterized by the precipitation of limonite and looks brown in the outcrop. Oxidized zone have green due to the occurrence of copper oxide and secondary enrichment zone are characterized by the occurrence of chalcocite. Skarn zone are characterized by the occurrence of magnetite and garnet. Now, Hudbay, Canadian mining company, have 100% share about Constancia mine and started to produce commercially from January, 2015.
- Acosta, J., Bustamante, A., Cardozi, M., Heo, C.H. and Kim, E.J. (2013) Copper in Peru: Present status and future challenge. Econ. Environ. Geol., v.46, p.561-568 https://doi.org/10.9719/EEG.2013.46.6.561
- Grant, J. N., Halls, C., Sheppard, S. M. F., Avila, W. (1980) Evolution of the porphyry tin deposits of Bolivia, Min. Geol. Spec. v.8, p.151-173.
- Hudbay (2013) Constancia Site Visit Presentation, Hudbay Minerals Inc.
- Stoll, W. C. (1965) Metallogenic provinces of South America: mining magazine, 112, 22-33 and 90-99.
- USGS, (2015) Copper, Mineral Commodity Summaries.
Grant : 해외/북극권 광물자원탐사 및 부존잠재성 평가
Supported by : 한국지질자원연구원(KIGAM)