- Volume 41 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Discussion for Alteration of the Radiation Issues Based on the Clipping Analyses of Radiation Articles Reported in Korea
- Kim, Joo Yeon (Korean Association for Radiation Application) ;
- Youn, Dol Mi (Korean Association for Radiation Application) ;
- Yoo, Ji Yup (Korean Association for Radiation Application) ;
- Park, Tai Jin (Korean Association for Radiation Application)
- Received : 2015.07.17
- Accepted : 2016.06.13
- Published : 2016.06.30
Background: Radiation accidents having occurred in recent containing the accident in Fukushima nuclear power plants of Japan were resulted to the increase in some public concern, anxiety and confusion for radiation or nuclear safety. The public anxiety for radiation is not being decreased though the announcements done in radiation research institutes in Korea. Therefore, this study aims at providing an effective system for radiation publicity to the public members by the clipping analysis for the radiation articles reported in the media. And, the relation between those radiation issues and the radiation perception to the public members is analyzed. Materials and Methods: The radiation articles reported by them in 2013 and 2014 have been collected, and they are then classified with the article characteristic, field and tendency. Classified articles have been reviewed by dividing as two year. The 210 articles have been compared for their tendencies, characteristics and fields by year reported, and their characteristic comparison by reported year are then reviewed. Results and Discussion: Though the frequency that the radiological accidents have occurred in worldwide is far low compared to the accidental frequencies occurred in the general industrial fields, the radiation perception is being still deteriorated because of its special problem, which is defined as exposure, contamination or radioactivity, about radiation. The basic principles for radiation communication were suggested for preventing some unnecessary misunderstanding due to the variation of understanding for radiation issues. Conclusion: It is necessary to perform a variety of strategies for the publicity in improving the radiation perception, to build a relationship with the press or the media and then to consistently interact with them. Radiation communication must be performed by radiation experts or complete charge department, and must be consistently performed and be taken predictable patterns.
Supported by : Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning of Korea
- Korean Association for Radiation Application. A proliferation of perception activities to the people through constructing the system for radiation publicities. 2013M2B2A8A04075756. 2014;54-60.
- Korean Association for Radiation Application. A proliferation of perception activities to the people through constructing the system for radiation publicities. 2011-0031835. 2013;41-50.
- International Atomic Energy Agency. Communications on nuclear, radiation, transport and waste safety: A practical handbook. IAEA-TECDOC-1076. 1999;5-27.