- Volume 41 Issue 2
Background: A project for building a neutron time-of-flight (nTOF) facility is progressing. We expect that the construction will start in early 2016. Before that, a detailed simulation based on the current architectural drawings was performed to optimize the performance of our facility. Materials and Methods: Currently, several parts had been modified or changed from the original design to reflect requirements such as the layout of the electron beam line, shape of the vacuum chamber producing a neutron beam, and the underground layout of the nTOF facility. Detailed analysis for these modifications has been done with MCNP simulation. Results and Discussion: An overview of our photo-neutron source and KAERI nTOF facility were introduced. The numerical simulations for heat deposition, source term, and radiation shielding of KAERI nTOF facility were performed and the results are discussed. Conclusion: We are expecting that the construction of the KAERI nTOF facility will start in early 2016, and these results will be used as basic data.
- Kim JW, Lee CW, Song T, and Lee Y. Brief overview of nuclear data measurement activities and status of nTOF facility construction at KAERI. Workshop on Nuclear Data Measurement and Related Subject. Busan Korea. August 1-2, 2013.
- Kim JW. Status of photo-neutron source at KAERI. 11th International Workshop on Asian Network for Accelerator-Driven System (ADS) and Nuclear Transmutation Technology (NTT), (ADS+NTT 2013). Seoul Korea. December 12-13, 2013.
- Kim JW and Lee Y. A comparison of shielding analysis for two photo-neutron source configurations at KAERI nTOF facility. The Korean Association for Radiation Protection Spring Meeting. Busan Korea. April 23-25, 2014.
- Kim JW and Lee Y. Current status of nTOF facility construction at KAERI. 5th AASPP Workshop on Nuclear Radiation Database Development. Mumbai India. September 22-24, 2014.
- Kim JW, Song T, and Lee Y. Heat generation analysis of the liquid lead photo-neutron source (in Korean). The Korean Association for Radiation Protection Autumn Meeting. Jeju Korea. November 19-21, 2014.
- Klug J, Altstadt E, Beckert C, et al. Development of a neutron time-of-flight source at the ELBE accelerator. Nucl. Instrum. Meth. A. 2007;577: 641-653. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nima.2007.04.132