- Volume 41 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Characteristics of Radiation-Resistant Real-Time Neutron Monitor for Accelerator-Based BNCT
- Nakamura, Takemi (Japan Atomic Energy Agency) ;
- Sakasai, Kaoru (Japan Atomic Energy Agency) ;
- Nakashima, Hiroshi (Japan Atomic Energy Agency) ;
- Takamiya, Koichi (Kyoto University) ;
- Kumada, Hiroaki (University of Tsukuba)
- Received : 2015.07.17
- Accepted : 2016.06.13
- Published : 2016.06.30
Background: For an accelerator-based BNCT, we have fabricated a new detector consisting of quartz optical fibers that have excellent radiation-resistant characteristics. Materials and Methods: The developed detectors were irradiated at Kyoto University Research Reactor. Results and Discussion: The experimental results showed that the new detector had good output linearity for the neutron intensity, and the response of the new detector did not decrease during the irradiation. Conclusion: The new detector consisting of quartz optical fibers can be applied to measurement of neutron field of an accelerator-based BNCT.
Supported by : JSPS
- Ishikawa M, Kumada H, Yamamoto K, Kaneko J, Bengua G, Unesaki H, Sakurai Y, Tanaka K, Kosako T. Development of a wide-range paired scintillator with optical fiber neutron monitor for BNCT irradiation field study. Nucl. Instrum. Methods Phys. Res. A. 2005;551:448-457. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nima.2005.06.044
- Komeda M, Kumada H, Ishikawa M, Nakamura T, Yamamoto K, Matsumura A. Performance measurement of the scintillator with optical fiber detector for boron neutron capture therapy. Appl. Rad. Isot. 2009;67:S254-S257. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apradiso.2009.03.083
- Kobayashi H, et al. Construction of a BNCT Facility using an 8-MeV High Power Proton Linac in Tokai. Proc. International Particle Accelerator Conference 2012. Louisiana, USA, May 20-25, 2012; 4083-4085.