- Volume 12 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Design and Implementation of an ESS for Efficient Power Management of Stand-Alone Type Street Lights
효율적 전력 관리를 위한 독립형 가로등의 ESS 설계 및 구현
- 강진구 (강동대학교 자동차튜닝과)
- Received : 2016.05.17
- Accepted : 2016.05.30
- Published : 2016.06.30
Several efforts to replace the use of existing fossil energy resources have already been made around the world. As a result, a new industry of renewable energy has been created, and efficient energy distribution and storage has been promoted intensively. Among the newly explored renewable energy sources, the most widely used one is solar energy generation, which has a high market potential. An energy storage system (ESS) is a system as required. In this paper, the design and implementation of an ESS for the efficient use of power in stand-alone street lights is presented. In current ESS applied to stand-alone street lights, either 12V~24V DC (from solar power) or 110V~220V AC (from commercial power) is used to recharge power in systems with lithium batteries. In this study, an ESS that can support both solar power and commercial power was designed and implemented; it can also perform emergency recharge of portable devices from solar powered street lights. This system can maximize the scalability of ESSes using lithium batteries with efficient energy conversion, with the advantage of being an eco-friendly technology. In a ripple effect, it can also be applied to smart grids, electric vehicles, and new, renewable storage markets where energy storage technology is required.
- 엄주경, "UPS 기능을 갖는 ESS의 경제적 운전 알고리즘에 관한 연구," 성균관대학교, 2015.
- 김재진, "구조를 고려한 CPLD 저전력 알고리즘," 디지털산업정보학회지, 제10권, 제1호, 2014, pp. 1-6.
- 허재행, 신승권, 박종영, 김형익, "도시철도 부하 특성을 고려한 ESS의 최적 운영방안 연구," 전기학회논문지, 제 64권, 10호, 2015, pp. 1508-1516. https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2015.64.10.1508
- 장승식, 인버터 응용메뉴얼, 삼능전기주식회사, 1990.
- B. K. Bose, "Power Electronics And AC Droves," PRENTICE-HALL, 1987.
- Intel Lab mcs-96 8x9x Architectural Overview, Intel, 1990.