- Volume 61 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Effects of Plant Number Per Hill on Growth and Yield of High Ridge Hill-Seeded Foxtail Millet (Setaria italica L.)
조 고휴점파 시 재식본수에 따른 생육 및 수량특성
- Jung, Ki-Youl (Department of Functional Crop, NICS, RDA) ;
- Park, Soo-Kwon (Department of Functional Crop, NICS, RDA) ;
- Kang, Hang-Won (Department of Functional Crop, NICS, RDA) ;
- Cho, Young-Son (Division of Agronomy & Medicinal Plant Resources, Gyeongnam National University of Science & Technology) ;
- Jeon, Seung-Ho (Division of Agronomy & Medicinal Plant Resources, Gyeongnam National University of Science & Technology)
- Received : 2016.04.06
- Accepted : 2016.06.02
- Published : 2016.06.30
This study was conducted to evaluate the effect of plant number per hill (PNH) on growth and yield of foxtail millet in drained paddy fields. Crop growth, development, and yield in the field were examined for 2 years to assess the efficiency of proposed cropping system. The greatest culm length of 138 and 148 cm in the first and the second year, respectively, at the harvest stage was observed in plots with one plant per hill. The greatest culm diameter of 7.79 and 7.67 mm in the first and second year, respectively, was measured in plots with one plant per hill. The greatest tiller number of foxtail millet in plots with one plant per hill was 2.9 and 2.7 in the first and the second year, respectively. However, there was no significant difference between plots with four and five plant per hill. Among the measured yield components, the spike length and seed number per spike were one plant per hill in both years. The highest grain yield of foxtail millet (
foxtail millet;high ridge;plant number per hill;yield
Supported by : 농촌진흥청
- Cho, N. K., C. K. Song, I. S. Kim, Y. I. Cho, and E. K. Oh. 2001a. Effect of nimber of plants per hill on the major charcters, forage yield and chemical composition of jeju italian millet. J. Anim. Sci. & Technol. 43(6) : 967-972.
- Cho, N. K., C. K. Song, B. K. Kang, Y. I. Cho, and J. B. KO. 2001b. Effect of planting density on growth characteristics, forage yield and chemical composition of Kenaf. J. Anim. Sci. & Technol. 43(5) : 755-762.
- Cho, N. K., Y. K. Kang, C. K. Song, Y. C. Jeun, J. S. Oh, Y. I. Cho, and S. J. Park. 2004. Effects of planting density on growth, forage yield and chemical composition of jeju native sorghum (Sorghum bicolor L.). J. Korean Grass Sci. 24(3) : 225-230. https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2004.24.3.225
- Jeon, S. H., Y. S. Cho, and K. Y. Jung. 2014. Responses of growth and yield by plants number in high ridge hill seeding on sorghum (Sorghum bicolor (L.) Moench). Korean J. Crop Sci. 59(3) : 307-311. https://doi.org/10.7740/kjcs.2014.59.3.307
- Kim, N. S., H. M. Seog, and Y. J. Nam. 1987. Physicochemical properties of domestic millet starches. J. Korean Food Sci. Technol. 19(3) : 245-249.
- Kim, S. K., T. W. Jung, Y. Y. Lee, Du. Y. Song, H. S. Yu, C. W. Lee, Y. G. Kim, J. E. Lee, C. G. Kwak, and S. K. Jong. 2010. Effect of Nursery Stage and Plug Cell Sizeon Growth and Yield of Waxy Corn. Kor. J. Crop Sci. 55(1) : 24-30.
- Masaoka, Y. K. and N. B. Takano. 1980. Studies on the digestibility of forage crops. I. Effect of plant density on the feeding value of a sorghum-sudangrass hybrid. J. Japan Grassl. Sci. 26(2) : 179-184.
- MIFAFF. 2009. Statistical Yearbook of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries.
- MIFAFF. 2010. Statistical Yearbook of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries.
- NIAST. 2000. Methods of soil chemical analysis. National Institute of Agricultural Science and Technology, RDA, Suwon, Korea.
- Park, C. H., G. K. Park, G. J. Jang, and Y. S. Choi. 2008. The culture and science of cereals. Kangwon University Press.
- Sung, M. H. and D. H. Kwon. 2011. The survey and analyze of circulation realities on Koeran minor cereal crops. Korea Rural Economic Institute. 145p (In Korean).
- Trung, B. C. and S. K. Yoshuda. 1985. Influence of planting density on the nitrogen and grain productivity on mungbean. Japan J. Crop Sci. 54(3):266-272. https://doi.org/10.1626/jcs.54.266
- USDA. 1996. Soil Survey Laboratory Methods Manual. soil survey investions report No. 42 version 3.0.