- Volume 45 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Physicochemical and Sensory Characteristics of Tarakjuk with Stachys sieboldii Miq Root Powder
초석잠 뿌리 분말을 첨가한 타락죽의 이화학적 및 관능특성
- Tae, Mi Hwa (Department of Food and Nutrition, Chungnam National University) ;
- Kim, Kyoung Hee (Department of Food and Nutrition, Chungnam National University) ;
- Yook, Hong-Sun (Department of Food and Nutrition, Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2016.02.23
- Accepted : 2016.05.03
- Published : 2016.06.30
The study investigated the physicochemical and sensory characteristics of Tarakjuk added with various concentrations of Stachys sieboldii Miq root. Tarakjuk prepared by addition of 0, 10, 20, and 30% powder to rice flour basic formulation. The spreadability and moisture content of Tarakjuk increased with addition of Stachys sieboldii Miq root powder, whereas viscosity decreased with addition of Stachys sieboldii Miq root powder. The pH of Tarakjuk decreased with addition of Stachys sieboldii Miq root powder, whereas acidity increased. The lightness of Tarakjuk decreased with addition of Stachys sieboldii Miq root powder, whereas redness and yellowness increased with addition of Stachys sieboldii Miq root powder. 1,1-Diphenyl-2-picrylhydrazyl radical scavenging activities of Tarakjuk significantly increased as Stachys sieboldii Miq root powder content increased (P<0.05). The results of the sensory evaluation showed that the flavor and taste of Tarakjuk were not significantly different among the samples. Appearance, aftertaste, texture, and overall acceptability showed the highest scores for Tarakjuk containing 10% Stachys sieboldii Miq root powder. Based on the results of this study, Tarakjuk added with 10% Stachys sieboldii Miq root was determined to be optimum for its good characteristics and overall acceptability.
Supported by : 충남대학교
- Ryu BH, Park BG, Song SK. 2002. Antitumor effects of the hexane extract of Stachys Sieboldii MIQ. Korean J Biotechnol Bioeng 17: 520-524.
- Yin J, Yang G, Wang S, Chen Y. 2006. Purification and determination of stachyose in Chinese artichoke (Stachys sieboldii Miq.) by high-performance liquid chromatography with evaporative light scattering detection. Talanta 70: 208-212. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.talanta.2006.03.027
- Masai T, Wada K, Hayakawa K, Yoshihara I, Mitsuoka T. 1987. Effects of soybean oligosaccharides on human intestinal flora and metabolic activities. Jpn J Bacteriol 42: 313-325.
- Ryu BH, Park BG. 2002. Antimicrobial activity of the hexane extract of Stachys sieboldii MIQ leaf. J Life Sci 12: 803-811. https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2002.12.6.803
- Baek HS, Na YS, Kim DH, Lee CH, Ryu BH, Song SK. 2004. Antioxidant activities of Stachys Sieboldii MIQ roots. J Life Sci 14: 1-7. https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2004.14.1.001
- Ryu BH, Kim SO. 2004. Effects of methanol extract of Stachys sieboldii MIQ on acetylcholine esterase and monoamine oxidase in rat brain. Korean J Food Nutr 17: 347-355.
- Yang MR. 2012. The analysis of bioactive materials in Stachy sieboldii MIQ and it's application on functional ready-to-eat food. MS Thesis. Gyeongnam National University of Science and Technology, Jinju, Korea. p 1-7.
- Lee JE, Jin SY, Han YS. 2014. Antioxidant activities and quality characteristics of tofu supplemented with Chinese artichoke powder. Korean J Food Nutr 27: 10-21. https://doi.org/10.9799/ksfan.2014.27.1.010
- Chung M, Lee SM, Joo N. 2014. Optimization of rice cookies prepared with Chinese artichoke (Stachy sieboldii Miq) powder using response surface methodology and quality characteristics. Korean J Food Nutr 27: 435-446. https://doi.org/10.9799/ksfan.2014.27.3.435
- Lee NH. 2015. Antioxidant effect and quality characteristics of white bread prepared with Stachys sieboldii Miq.. MS Thesis. Gachon University, Seongnam, Korea. p 27-37.
- Zhang X, Lee FZ, Kum JS, Eun JB. 2002. The effect of processing condition on physicochemical characteristics on pine nut gruel. Korean J Food Sci Technol 34: 225-231.
- Kim YH, Lim JG. 2007. Korean traditional ethnic food. Hyoil, Seoul, Korea. p 28-68.
- Park JL, Kim JM, Kim JG. 2003. A study on the optimum ratio of the ingredients in preparation of black sesame gruels. Korean J Soc Food Cook Sci 19: 685-693.
- Shin KE. 2009. Quality characteristics of tarakjuk with various amount of ginseng (Panax ginseng C.A. Meyer). MS Thesis. Kyung Hee University, Seoul, Korea. p 13-18.
- AOAC. 1980. Official methods of analysis. 13th ed. Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Washington, DC, USA. p 69.
- Blois MS. 1958. Antioxidant determinations by the use of a stable free radical. Nature 181: 1199-1200. https://doi.org/10.1038/1811199a0
- June JH, Yoon JY, Kim HS. 1998. A study on the development of ‘Hodojook’. Korean J Dietary Culture 13: 509-518.
- Kim JS, Kwak EJ. 2011. Quality characteristics of gruel with added yam. Korean J Food Cult 26: 184-189.
- Lee SM. 2013. A study on the quality characteristics of gruel supplemented with purple sweet potato. J East Asian Soc Diet Life 23: 234-240.
- Manohar RS, Manohar B, Rao PH. 1998. Rheological characterization of wheat porridge (cooked dalia), a semi-liquid breakfast food. J Cereal Sci 27: 103-108. https://doi.org/10.1006/jcrs.1997.9999
- Zhang X, Lee FZ, Kum JS, Eun JB. 2002. The effect of processing condition on physicochemical characteristics in pine nut gruel. Korean J Food Sci Technol 34: 225-231.
- Bae KI. 2008. An experimental study for the properties of Cornus officinal used in dyeing textile. PhD Dissertation. Sungshin Women's University, Seoul, Korea. p 39.