- Volume 22 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Bridge for Exchange of Data and Service Invocation Between OPRoS and ROS
OPRoS-ROS간 데이터 교환 및 서비스 호출을 위한 브리지
- Lee, Ki Woon (Division of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Kangwon National University) ;
- Park, Hong Seong (Division of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Kangwon National University)
- Received : 2015.11.12
- Accepted : 2016.01.05
- Published : 2016.02.01
This paper proposes a bridge model for data exchange and service invocation between OPRoS and ROS platforms, shows the validity of the proposed model via applications, and compares the proposed model with the OPRoS platform and the ROS platform using performance measures such as data exchange time and service response time. The proposed model operates independently of OPRoS and ROS Platforms using its configuration file with mapping information among the OPRoS data/service port and the ROS topic/service. The configuration file makes easy connections between OPRoS data/service and ROS topic/service without changing the source code of the platform and components.
Grant : 로봇산업핵심기술개발
Supported by : 한국전자통신연구원
- S. Han, M. Kim, and H. S. Park, "Open software platform for robotic services," IEEE Transaction on Automation Science and Engineering, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 467-481, Jul. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TASE.2012.2193568
- S. Han, M. S. Kim, and H. S Park, "Components and effective IDE of open software platform for robotics services," Proc. of International Conference on Control Automation and Systems, pp. 393-398, Oct. 2010.
- OPRoS, Available :htttp://www.ropros.org.
- S. Kim and H. S. Park, "Design og a robot-in-the-loop simulation based on OPRoS," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 248-255, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2013.12.1823
- C. Jang, S. I. Lee, S. W. Jung, B. Song, R. Kim, S. Kim, and C. Lee, "OPRoS: a new component-based robot software platform," ETRI Journal, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 646-656, 2010. https://doi.org/10.4218/etrij.10.1510.0138
- ROS, Available : http://wiki.ros.org
- M. Quigley, K. Conley, B. Gerkey, J. Faust, T. Foote, J. Leibs, R. Wheeler, and A. Y. Ng, "ROS: An open-source robot operating system," The International Conference on Robotics and Automation: Workshop Open Source Software, pp. 1-6, 2009.
- OpenRTM, Available : http://www.openrtm.org
- N. Ando, T. Suehiro, K. Kitagaki, T. Kotoku, and W.-K. Yoon, "RT-Middleware: Distributed component middleware for RT (Robot Technology)," proc. of International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 3933-3938, Aug. 2005.
- S. Vinoski, "CORBA: Integrating diverse applications within distributed heterogeneous environments," IEEE Communication Magazine, vol. 35, no. 2, Feb. 1997.
- C. Jang, B. Song, and S. Kim, "Event port extension of opros framework for inter-connecting with ROS topic," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 20, no. 12, pp. 1252-1258, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2014.14.8024
- A. Salov, H. S. Park, S. Han, and D. Lee, "An effective method of sharing heterogeneous components of OPRoS and RTM," Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 755-761, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2014.9.2.755
- OpenRTM-ROS Integration for Humanoid/Mobile Manipulator Robotics : http://code.google.com/p/rtm-ros-robotics/
- G. Biggs, N. Ando, and T. Kotoku, "Native robot software framework inter-operation," Proc. of the Second International Conference on Simulation, Modeling, and Programming for Autonomous Robots, pp. 180-191, Nov. 2010.