- Volume 18 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Improvement of RTL system for location monitoring of multi-laborers in the underground space
지하공간에서 노무자의 위치 인식을 위한 RTL 시스템 개선
- Song, Ki-Il (Inha University, Dept. of Civil Eng.) ;
- Lim, Jin-Sun (SamwooIMC CO., LTD, R&D Center) ;
- Lee, Hang-Lo (Inha University, Dept. of Civil Eng.)
- Received : 2016.05.18
- Accepted : 2016.05.30
- Published : 2016.05.31
Real time location (RTL) system which can control the safety of laborers in the underground space is developed in this study. This innovative system can monitor the location and history of movement of multiple laborers in real time. To accommodate constrains of the underground space, the system is portable and composed with low-battery mode. Since conventional method to detect the location of laborer with radio signal strength indicator (RSSI) contains high errors, new measurement system using accelerometers and correction method are suggested in this study. Field test is performed to validate the developed system. The error for moving laborer was 0.4 m and for non-moving laborers was 0.2 m. Thus, it is found that the new RTL system can be used to monitor the location of laborers in the underground construction space.
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원
- Kim, D.W., Moon, S.M., Cho, H., Kang, K.I. (2011), "An application of safety management for tunnel construction using RTLS technology", Korea Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 12-20.
- Park, J.S., Lim, S.B., Pyeon, M.W., Hong, T.M., Lee, B.K. (2009), "Experiment of propagation for development of the RTLS to the construction site", The Journal of the Korean Society of Surveying, Geodesy, Photogrammetry and Cartography, Vol. 27, No. 4, pp. 505-513.
- Lee, J.K., Lee, T.H., Byun, J.H., Noh, Y.J. (2013), "A basic study on the applicability of the RTLS technology to construction site based on CSS", Journal Of the Architectural Institute of Korea Structure & Construction, Vol. 29, No. 5, pp. 61-68.
- Lee, H.S., Lee, K.P., Park, M.S., Kim, H.S., Lee, S.B. (2009), "A construction safety management system based on Building Information Modeling and Real-time Locating System", Korea Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, Vol. 10, No. 6, pp. 135-146.
- Oksar, Irfan. (2014), "A bluetooth signal strength based indoor localization method", Systems, Signals and Image Processing (IWSSIP), 2014 International Conference on IEEE.
- Yoon, C.P., Hwang, C.G. (2015), "Efficient indoor positioning systems for indoor location-based service provider", J. Korea Inst. Inf. Commun. Eng., Vol. 19, No. 6, pp. 1368-1373. https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2015.19.6.1368
- Kim, J.H., Joo, Y., Lee, S.G., Park, S.S., Seo, D.H. (2012), "Improvement of multilateration using vector prediction algorithm and kalman filter", The Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, Vol. 16, No. 12, pp. 2792-2799. https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2012.16.12.2792
- Nho, A., Lee, W.J. (2010), "Accuracy evaluation of ZigBee's indoor localization algorithm", Korea Society for Internet Information, Vol. 11, pp. 27-43.
- Yeom, J.N., Lee, G.B., Park, J.J., Cho, B.J. (2009), "Position estimation system of moving object using GPS and accelerometer", Journal of Korea Multimedia Society, Vol. 12, No. 4, pp. 600-607.
- Kwon, S.R., Jung, K.J., Park, S.S., Kim, J.H., (2007), "RTLS technologic application for ubiquitous port management efficiency", Korea Information Science Society, Vol. 13, No. 6, pp. 371-377.