- Volume 18 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Seismic response analysis of virtual honam-jeju subsea tunnel
지진시 가상 호남-제주 해저터널의 지반응답 특성
- Kwak, Chang-Won (Civil & Architecture Design Group, Korea District Heating Engineering Co. Ltd.) ;
- Jang, Dong-In (Department of Civil Engineering, Hanseo University) ;
- Park, Inn-Joon (Department of Civil Enginnering, Hanseo University) ;
- Park, Seong-Yong (Hanwha Engineering and Construction)
- Received : 2016.04.28
- Accepted : 2016.05.20
- Published : 2016.05.31
Underground structures such as subsea tunnel having large section should be stable against seismic loads. In general, underground structures show more stable behavior due to the limited dynamic motion and force, and considerable energy dissipation; however, severe damage was reported from recent earthquakes. Therefore, more sophisticated and analytic approach is required to investigate the seismic response of underground structure like subsea tunnel. In this study, seismic analysis of virtual Honam-Jeju subsea tunnel are performed. Consequently, stresses and forces of tunnel lining increased at fractured and/or weak rock zones. Stresses and forces of tunnel lining also increased at large section under axially deformed condition; however, decrease under transversely deformed condition.
Grant : 고수압 초장대 해저터널 기술자립을 위한 핵심요소 기술개발
Supported by : 국토교통부
- Dowding, C.H., Rozen, A. (1978), "Damage to rock tunnels from earthquake shaking", J. Geotech. Eng. Div., ASCE 104 (GT2), pp. 175-191.
- Lee, I.M., An, D.J. (2001), "Seismic analysis of tunnel structures", Korean Tunelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 3, No. 4, pp. 3-15.
- Owen, G.N., Scholl, R.E. (1981) "Earthquake engineering of large underground structures", Report no. FHWARD-80195. Federal Highway Administration and National Science Foundation.
- Rowe, R. (1992), "Tunneling in seismic zones", Tunnels and Tunneling, Vol. 24, pp. 41-44.
- St. John, C.M., Zahrah, T.f. (1987), "Aseismic design of underground structures", Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 165-197. https://doi.org/10.1016/0886-7798(87)90011-3
- Yukio, S., Susumu, O. (1991), "A practical evaluation method of seismic stresses developed in the cross section of shield tunnels", Journal of Civil Engineering, Vol. I-17, No. 437, pp. 193-202.