- Volume 17 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
The Effects of a gerontological nursing clinical practice course using action learning on undergraduate nursing students
액션러닝을 활용한 노인간호학실습 수업 운영의 효과
- Kwon, Sang Min (Department of Nursing, Yeungnam University College) ;
- Kwon, Mal-Suk (Department of Nursing, Kyungwoon University) ;
- Park, Jee-Yeon (Department of Nursing, Kyungsung University)
- Received : 2016.04.04
- Accepted : 2016.05.12
- Published : 2016.05.31
This study was conducted to examine the effects of a gerontological nursing clinical practice course using action learning on undergraduate nursing students. The subjects were 75 undergraduate nursing students from Y University. Data were analyzed using SPSS/Win 21.0. There were significant improvements in problem solving (t=3.58, p<.001) and communication (t=4.15, p<.000) in the experimental group compared to the control group. This study provides evidence that gerontological nursing courses improve undergraduate nursing students' problem solving and communication skills. Accordingly, this course would be a useful teaching and learning method in nursing programs of outcome based curriculum.
본 연구는 노인간호학실습 교육에 액션러닝의 팀 학습 방법을 활용한 교육과정을 운영하고 간호대학생의 문제해결능력, 의사소통능력 및 팀 효능감에 미치는 영향을 알아보고자 시도되었다. 연구대상은 2015년 3월 9일부터 2015년 6월 19일까지 Y대학 간호학과의 노인간호학 실습 교과목을 수강신청한 간호학과 3학년생 전체를 편의표집 대상으로 하여 실험군은 A, B병원으로 실습을 나가는 학생들 중에서 연구의 목적을 이해하고 참여에 동의한 학생 40명, 대조군은 동일 간호대학 3학년 학생들 가운데 실험군과 겹치지 않는 병원(C, D, E병원)에 실습을 낙가는 학생 40명을 선정하여 액션러닝을 2주간 적용하였다. 수집된 자료는 SPSS/WIN 21.0 program을 이용하여 하여 일반적 특성과 실험군과 대조군의 사전 동질성 검증은
- Y. M. Kim, Development and evaluation of action learning in clinical practice of nursing management. Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 10(6), pp. 312-322, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2010.10.6.312
- I. Y. Cho, The relationship of self-directedness, clinical practice experiences and clinical practice satisfaction. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 15(6), pp. 3635-3647, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.6.3635
- Korean Accreditation Board of Nursing Education. Key competencies and learning outcomes. Retrieved November 5, 2012, from http://www.kabon.or.kr/HyAdmin/upload/goodFile/120121105102905.pdf,
- K. S. Jang, S. J. Park, Effects of action learning approaches on learning outcomes in nursing management courses. J of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 18(4), pp. 442-451, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2012.18.4.442
- Y. S. Kim, Y. J. Kim, The effect of the cultural competence in multicultural nursing education by action learning. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, 15(11), pp. 6527-6535, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.11.6527
- S. H. Jang, Search on morality that Korean society requires: Focused on the case of teaching-learning in elementary moral education applying action learning, Elementary Moral Education, 36, pp. 111-142, 2011.
- H. L. Roh, W. Y. Ryoo, The study for degree of transfer and identification of factors to facilitate transfer in the context of action learning, The Korean Society for Educational Techmology, 20(3), pp. 137-174, 2004.
- M. J. Marquardt, Action learning in action: Transforming top companies are re-creating their leaders and themselves, Jossey-Bass, 1999.
- K. S. Jang, E. A. Kim, H. Y. Park, The effects of an evidenced-based nursing course using action learning on undergraduate nursing students. J Korean Acad Soc Nurs Educ, 21(1), pp. 119-128, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2015.21.1.119
- S. M. Kwon, M. S. Kwon, O. G. Kwag, Factors influencing the perception of the elderly in nursing students. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 16(2), pp. 1129-1136, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.2.1129
- F. Faul, E. Erdfelder, A. Lang, A. Buchner, G*Power 3: A flexible statistical power analysis program for the social, behavioral and biomedical science. Behavior Research Methods, 39, pp. 175-191, 2007. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3758/BF03193146
- S. J. Lee, Y. K. Chang, H. N., Lee, K. Y. Park, A study on the development of life-skills: Communication, problem solving, and self-directed learning. Seoul: Korean Educational Development Institute, 2003.
- L. C. Marshall, The relationship between efficacy, teamwork, effort and patient satisfaction. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, University of Southern California, LA, 2003.
- E. M. Kwon, The correlation among team efficacy, interpersonal understanding, preactivity in problem solving and team performance. Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Korea, 2010.
- K. S. Jang, M. Baek, Y. J. Choi, S. H., Ahn, S. J. Lee, J. Y. Sim, et al. An analysis of nurse managers's common fundamental competencies changes and responses to the application of the action learning. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 12(3), pp. 424-433, 2006.
- E. J. Hardacre, J. Keep, From intent to impact: developing clinical leaders for service improvement. Learning in Health and Social Care, 2(3), pp. 169-176, 2003. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1046/j.1473-6861.2003.00046.x
- R. Diana, C. Hazel, A. Helen, Developing leadership through action learning. Nursing Standard, 16(29), pp. 37-39, 2002. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7748/ns2002.04.16.29.37.c3177
- Y. C. Kim, E. C. Lee, An effect of blended action learning program on the self directed learning skills. Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 15(15), pp. 658-671, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2015.15.11.658
- Y. W. Kim, The effects of action learning program on common fundamental competencies. Unpublished master's thesis. Yonsei University, Seoul, Kore, 2003.
- Y. H. Kim, M. S. Kang, The effects action learning in communicative competence and interpersonal competence of university. Korean Journal of General Education, 9(4), pp. 211-243, 2015.
- K. Wilson, K. Flower, Assessing the impact of learning environments on students' approaches to learning: Comparing conventional and action learning designs. Assessment & Evaluation in Higher Education, 30(1), pp. 87-101, 2005. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/0260293042003251770
- H. Ingram, K. Biermann, J. Cannon, J. Neil, C. Waddle, Internalizing action learning: A company perspectives. Establishing critical success factors of action learning course. Internal Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 12(2), pp. 107-113, 2000. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/09596110010307369
- K. L. Rich, K. E. Nugent, A united states perspective on the challenges in nursing education. Nurse Education Today, 30(3), pp. 228-232, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2009.10.015
- Y. M. Kim, K. Jang, An action research study on the effects of an action learning-based nursing professionalism course for nursing students. The Journal of Korean Education, 41(4), pp. 123-147, 2014.
- Y. M. Lee, T. J. Kim, J. I. Kim, S. P. Jang, J. Y. Hong, The effects of task types and collaboration procedures on task performance and group efficacy in web-based situational learning environment. Journal of Educational Studies, 37(3), pp. 47-75, 2006.
- J. M. Lee, S. h. Yoon, H. S. You, Identifying predictability of team efficacy, metacognition on PBL(Problem-Based Learning) outcomes. Asia Journal of Education, 13(1), pp. 105-123, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15753/aje.2012.13.1.005
- H. C. Bong, Do action learning for success. Seoul: Hangseong B wave, 2012.