- Volume 17 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Effects of Socioeconomic Traits on Local Resident Education in Slow City
슬로시티 지역주민의 인구사회학적 특성이 지역주민교육에 미치는 영향
- Park, Hee-Jung (Division of International-Tourism, Silla University)
- 박희정 (신라대학교 국제관광학부)
- Received : 2016.03.10
- Accepted : 2016.05.12
- Published : 2016.05.31
The concept of the Slow City originates from the philosophy that seeks nature and a human-centric lifestyle. The objective of this study is to provide education for local residents in the socioeconomic traits of Slow City. For this study, 445 residents were surveyed about the concept of the Slow City. Using the survey results, t-test and regression analyses were conducted to find areas of improvement by considering the significance and effect level. The purpose of this study is to suggest a strategy of education for local residents based on the effect of socioeconomic traits on the residents' attitude and education satisfaction. The findings showed that local residence is more influential on the residents' attitude than age, income and education and that the number of participations in the education did not affect education satisfaction. This result suggests that more reinforced and improved local resident education should be offered for the Slow City education of residents. This study provides a convenient set of indicators for a strategic focus to develop education programming and policy for Slow City residents.
- H. J. Park, "The Effects Analysis and Structural Factors of Slow city Brand Association as a Tourism Destination", Ph.D Dissertation of Hanyang University, 2010.
- D. H. Sohn and H. J. Jang, "Cittaslow with a Happy Snail", Chosun Magazine, 2012.
- K. R. Doh and S. K. Kang, "Change in residents' attitude responding to Slow city and the rapid increase in the number of tourists", Korean Journal of Tourism Research, 26(5), pp.219-238, 2011.
- Joppe, M., "Sustainable Community Tourism Development Revisited", Tourism Management, 17(7), pp.475-479, 1996. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0261-5177(96)00065-9 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0261-5177(96)00065-9
- S.K. Kang and K. R. Do, "The Comparison of Cognitive Differences between Local Residents and Tourist towards Slow city Tourism Development-A case of Slow City Jeungdo-", Journal of Korean island, 23(4), pp.21-38, 2011.
- J. S. Kang, "Effect of Social Capital on the life satisfaction of the community Residents", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 15(2), pp.875-882, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.2.875 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.2.875
- D. S. Park, "A study on the improvement of settlement environments considering survey of residents in Seosan, Chungnam", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 13(10), pp.4869-4876, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.10.4869 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.10.4869
- M. R. Baek, "Research on Learner's Education in according with Lifelong Education Program Operating Characteristics of Community Service Center", master at graduate of Daegu University, 2011.
- Ap, J., "Residents' perceptions research on the social impacts of tourism", Ann ls of Tourism Research, 17(4), pp.610-616, 1990. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0160-7383(90)90032-M https://doi.org/10.1016/0160-7383(90)90032-M
- Ap, J. and Crompton, J. L., "Developing and testing a Tourism impact Scale", Journal of Travel Research, 37, pp.120-130, 1988. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/004728759803700203 https://doi.org/10.1177/004728759803700203
- Long. P., Perdue, R. and Allen, L., "Rural resident tourism perceptions and attitudes by community level of tourism", Journal of Travel Research, 28(3), pp.3-9, 1990. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/004728759002800301 https://doi.org/10.1177/004728759002800301
- Perdue, R., Long, T. and Y. S. Kang, "Resident support for gambling as a tourism development strategy", Journal of Travel Research, 34(2), pp.3-11, 1995. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/004728759503400203 https://doi.org/10.1177/004728759503400203
- M. K. Kang and Y. K. Lee, "Related Factors to Attitude and Conception of Community toward the Mental Illness", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 15(1), pp.291-298, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.1.291 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.1.291
- H. J. Park, H. J. Jang and D. H. Sohn, "A study on Participants' Satisfaction for Slow Tourism-The case of Slow City Jeungdo Travellers", The Journal of Tourism Studies, 20(2), pp.43-64, 2008.
- H. J. Park and D. H. Sohn, "The Effect of Slow City Brand Association Characteristic on Brand Attitude and Visit intention", Journal of Tourism Sciences, 34(8), pp.11-31, 2010.
- The National Cittaslow Corea Network internal data, 2016.
- O. K. Kim, "The value of Cittaslow as an Approach to Urban Regeneration for sustainable Communities: A perspective of Tourism on Gamcheon Village, Busan", Ph.D Dissertation of Hanyang University, 2014.
- S. T. Kim, "A study on Education of Regional Residents for Revitalization of Rural Tourism", Journal of Tourism Studies, 18, pp.43-57, 2006.
- Smith. D. H. and Offerman M. J., "The management of Adult and continuing Education", Handbook of adult and continuing education, San Francisco : Jossey-Bass Publishers.
- D. Y. Choi, "A study on the improvement of skill education for women's in rural regions", master at graduate of Gyeongsang National University, 2003.
- B. C. Yang, "Creating the Education community through the Cooperation of Schools and Communities in the Rural Area-Focusing the "Pull-mu" school community in Chungnam Hong-dong Area-", Journal of Lifelong Education, 14(3), pp.129-151, 2008.
- Mayer, H. P., "Slow Cities : Sustainable Places in a fast world", Journal of Urban Affairs, 28(4), pp.321-334, 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-9906.2006.00298.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-9906.2006.00298.x
- Heike Mayer, Paul L. Knox, "Slow Cities: Sustainable place in a fast world", Journal of urban affairs, 28(4), pp.321-334, 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-9906.2006.00298.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-9906.2006.00298.x
- Knox. P., "Creating ordinary places : Slow cities in a fast world", Journal of Urban Design, 10(1), pp.1-11, 2005. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/13574800500062221 https://doi.org/10.1080/13574800500062221
- D. J. Baek, "A Study on the Model of Alternative Regional Development : Focusing on the Slow City in Jangheung county", Journal of the Korean Regional Development Association, 20(4), pp.111-139, 2008.
- S. H. Cho, "A comparative study on the level of stress Between slow city Residents and Metro City Residents : Comparison of Daeheungmyeon, Yesan-gun, Chungcheongnam-do and Daejeon Metropolitan City in terms of Demographic Characteristics", Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Studies, 38, pp.129-143, 2010.
- S. K. Ye, "A Study on the effects of attachment and sense of community on residents' attitude in the Slow City", master at graduate of Silla University, 2011.
- E. J. Noh, "A study on the effects of brand personality's perception and self-congruity on residents' attitude toward local community", master at graduate of Silla University, 2013.
- H. S. Shin, "The effects of residents' environmental recognition on their psychological attitude toward a slowcity : based on Wando and Hadong", master at graduate of Hanyang University, 2010.
- S. S. Kim and Y. M. Kim, "A Study of the Knowledge based partnership and social networking formed among public officials responsible for managing and developing Slow Cities", Korean Journal of Tourism Research, 26(3), pp.67-88, 2011.
- M. T. You and T. W. Park, "Selection of planning Indicators for Realization of Urban Slow City-Focused on case study and Delphi Method of related experts", Journal of urban policies, 6(1), pp.17-32, 2015.