- Volume 17 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Design of Congestion Standardization System Based on IoT
IoT를 접목한 지하철 객차 내 혼잡도 평준화 시스템 설계
- Kim, Mi-Rye (Transportation and Logistics System & ITS Engineering, University of Science and Technology) ;
- Cho, In-Ho (Propulsion System Research Team, Korea Railroad Research Institute)
- Received : 2016.02.19
- Accepted : 2016.05.12
- Published : 2016.05.31
The Seoul Metropolitan Subway, which started operating in 1974, plays a major role in transporting 7,289 thousands passengers daily. This trend of a steadily increase in passengers from 2012 has increased the congestion rate because of the limited capacity and time. To solve this problem, Seoul city is consistently working on improving the subway facilities, such as the construction of a detour path. This project, however, has only a slight effect on improving the congestion rate and is too expensive to construct the facilities. Hence, this study suggests The Congestion Standardization System based on the IoT for improving the subway congestion rate. Based on the system, the expected effect analysis was performed, which resulted in a decrease in ride passengers from 34 to 20. In addition, this expected effect analysis shows that the number of subway vehicles can increase from 20 to 24. The suggested system will have a significant effect on the efficiency of the management system.
Congestion Standardization System;Improvement of Congestion;IoT;Subway;Sadang Station
Supported by : 한국철도기술연구원
- J. S. Lee, H. S. Cho, C. B. Bae, J, J, Lee. "A Study on the Improvement of Railway Signal System and Operating Efficiency", pp. 1-178, The Korea Transport Institute, November, 2011.
- D. W. Kim, W. Y. Kim, J. W. Lee, "A Study on Application of Multiple Regression Analysis and Optimization Design for Improving the Subway Congestion Rate", Korean Institute of Industrial Engineers Fall Conference, Korean Institute of Industrial Engineers, November, 2011.
- S. K. Cho, I. B. Chung, "A Study on the Solution of Train Delay and Congestion on Seoul Subway Line 2", Seoul City Research, pp. 123-135, Mar. 2015.
- D. H. Kim, "An Estimation Model of the Minimum Required Dwell Time for Urban Railway", Korean Society for Railway Journal, pp.953-960, Dec. 2009.
- K. I. Jung, "Urban Rail car pressure sensor response requirements analysis and system design methods required to measure the load pressure measurement study", Korean Society for Railway, Spring Conference, 2014
- Korea Agency for Infrastructure Technology Advancement, "R&D Report on Improvement of Subway Station Utilization Efficiency", pp.1-205, Korea Agency for Infrastructure Technology Advancement, June, 2012.
- Seoul Metropolitan City, "A Review of the Congestion Relief Plan on Current Subway Lines", Chapter 14, Integrated Development Plan for the Seoul Subway Master Plan for 10 Years, Seoul Metropolitan City, June, 2013.
- R. H. Jung, J. H. Chung, "Analysis of Route Choice Behavior in Subway Stations", Seoul City Research, pp. 203-214, June 2015
- J. H. Park, S. H. Oh, J. H. Rhee, "A Study on the Analysis of Walking Behavior in Transfer Stations after the Improvement of Walking Environment", Korean Society of Civil Engineers Journal, pp. 189-196 May, 2012