- Volume 22 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A Novel Scheme to Mitigate a GPS L1 C/A Signal Repeat-back Jamming Effect, According to a Code Tracking Bias Estimation, Using Combined Pseudo-random Noise Signals
통합 의사잡음신호 기반 부호추적편이 추정에 따른 GPS L1 C/A 신호의 재방송재밍 영향 완화 기법
- Yoo, Seungsoo (Division of Electronics Engineering, Konkuk University) ;
- Yeom, Dong-Jin (Agency for Defense Development) ;
- Jee, Gyu-In (Division of Electronics Engineering, Konkuk University) ;
- Kim, Sun Yong (Division of Electronics Engineering, Konkuk University)
- Received : 2016.07.20
- Accepted : 2016.08.24
- Published : 2016.10.01
In this paper, a novel scheme with which to mitigate a repeat-back jamming effect is proposed for the GPS L1 coarse/acquisition signal. The proposed scheme estimates the code tracking bias caused by repeat-back jamming signals using a Combined Pseudo-random noise signal. It then mitigates the repeat-back jamming effect by subtracting the estimated code timing on a normal correlation channel from the estimated value. Through a Monte-Carlo simulation, the proposed scheme can diminish the running average of code tracking bias to less than 10% of the bias using the conventional scheme.
Supported by : 국방과학연구소, 한국연구재단
- Carlo des Dorides, "GNSS market report," European GNSS Agency, Report, no. 5, 2015.
- F. Dovis, GNSS Interference Threats and Countermeasures, Artech House, Norwood, MA, 2015.
- M. Nichols, "South Korea tells U.N. that North Korea GPS jamming threatens boats, planes," Reuters, Newspaper, 2016.
- R. T. Ioannides, T. Pany, and G. Gibbons, "Known vulnerabilities of global navigation satellite systems, status, and potential mitigation techniques," Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 104, no. 6, pp. 1174-1194, Jun. 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/JPROC.2016.2535898
- D. W. Lim, J. M. Kang, and M. B. Heo, "Hybrid TDOA/AOA localization algorithm for GPS jamming," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 101-105, Jan. 2014. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2014.13.1943
- S. Fantinato, G. Gamba, M. Anghileri, R. Ioannides, O. Pozzobon, and J. A. Avila, "The spoofing estimating delay lock loop," Proceedings on 7th ESA Workshop on Satellite Navigation Technologies & European Workshop on GNSS Signals and Signal Processing (NAVTEC 2014), Noordiwijk, The Neherelands, Dec. 2014.
- S. Yoo, D.-J. Yeom, G.-I. Jee, and S. Y. Kim, "A successive repeat-back jamming cancellation scheme using a combined-PRN signal to mitigate repeat-back jamming for GNSS receivers," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 20, no. 10, pp. 1073-1078, Oct. 2014. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2014.14.0069
- S. Yoo, D.-J. Yeom, G.-I. Jee, and S. Y. Kim, "Extended early-late phase scheme using combined pseudo-random noise signal to detect GPS repeat-back jamming signals," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 483-489, Jun. 2016. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2016.16.0056
- L. Liu and M. G. Amin, "Tracking performance and average error analysis of GPS discriminators in multipath," Signal Processing, vol. 89, no. 6, pp. 1224-1239, Jun. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sigpro.2009.01.007
- D. Dong, M. Wang, W. Chen, Z. Aeng, L. Song, Q. Zhang. M. Cai, Y. Cheng, and J. Lv, "Mitigation of multipath effect in GNSS short baseline positioning by the multipath hemispherical map," Journal of Geodesy, vol. 90, no. 3, pp. 255-262, Mar. 2016. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00190-015-0870-9
- Z. Liu, Bo Xu, X. Tang, and F. Wang, "Multipath mitigating technique for BOC(kn,n) signal in GNSS," Proceedings on 2015 International Conference on Wireless Communications & Signal Processing (WCSP), pp. 1-4, Nanjing, China, Oct. 2015.
- L. Chen and G. Gong, Communication System Security, CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, 2012.
- A. Joseph, "GNSS Solutions: Measuring GNSS signal strength," Inside GNSS, vol. 5, no. 8, pp. 20-25, Nov.-Dec. 2010.
- B. Motella, S. Savasta, D. Margaria, and F. Dovis, "Method for assessing the interference impact on GNSS receivers," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronics Systems, vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 1416-1432, Apr. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAES.2011.5751267