- Volume 22 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Precision Positioning of a Stationary Transporter Using a Fault Detection and Isolation Method
정적 상태의 이동체 위치 정밀도 향상을 위한 오류 검출 및 배제 기법
- An, Jong-Woo (Department of Electric and Electronic and Computer Engineering, Pusan National University) ;
- Kim, Yun-Ki (Department of Electric and Electronic and Computer Engineering, Pusan National University) ;
- Lee, Jae-Kyung (Department of the Control & Instrumentation Engineering, Korea National University of Transportation) ;
- Lee, Jangmyung (Department of Electric and Electronic and Computer Engineering, Pusan National University)
- Received : 2016.05.13
- Accepted : 2016.09.19
- Published : 2016.10.01
This paper proposes a new global positioning system (GPS) receiver algorithm to improve the positioning accuracy of a transporter using fault detection and isolation techniques from satellite signals. To improve the positioning accuracy, several factors including a feasible number of satellite signals, SNR, NAV Measurement Quality Indicator (mesQI), and Doppler, among others, have been utilized in the proposed algorithm. To increase the number of feasible satellite signals, an erroneous satellite signal has been replaced by the previous one. In conventional approaches, received GPS signals are analyzed and directly determined to be contaminated or not. The only clean signals are utilized for identifying the current location. This fault detection and isolation (FDI) feasibility test is popular for commercial GPS receivers. In the urban environment, especially near a building, the feasible number of satellite signals becomes insufficient to position the transporter. To overcome this problem, satellite signals are efficiently selected and recovered. Additionally, using the proposed GPS receiver algorithm, a feasible number of satellite signals can be increased, thereby improving the positional accuracy. Real world experiments using a transporter that carries blocks in a shipyard have demonstrated the superiority of the proposed algorithm compared to conventional approaches.
Grant : 서브2-달 탐사 2단계 선행기술개발
Supported by : 한국산업기술진흥원, 한국항공우주연구원
- B. H. Lee, S. H. Im, M. B. Heo, and G. I. Jee, "Curve-modeled lane detection based GPS lateral error correction enhancement," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 81-86, Feb. 2015. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2015.14.9001
- J. Foster, N. Li, and K. F. Cheung, "Sea state determination from ship-based geodetic GPS," Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology, vol. 31, no. 11, pp. 2556-2564, Nov. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1175/JTECH-D-13-00211.1
- P. Pramod, "GPS based advance soldier tracking with emergency messages and communication system," International Journal, vol. 2, no. 6, pp. 25-32, Jun. 2014.
- T. N. Upashyay, S. Cotterill, and A. W. Deaton, "Autonomous GPS/INS navigation experiment for space transfer vehicle," Aerospace and Electronic Systems, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 772-785, Jul. 1993. https://doi.org/10.1109/7.220929
- X. Li, G. Dick, M. Ge, S. Heise, and J. Wickert, "Real-time GPS sensing of atmospheric water vapor: Precise point positioning with orbit, clock, and phase delay corrections," Geophysical Research Letters, vol. 40, no. 10, pp. 3615-3621, May 2014.
- Y. Yuan, X. Huo, J. Ou, K. Zhang, and Y. Chai, "Refining the Klobuchar ionospheric coefficients based on GPS observations," Aerospace and Electronic Systems, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 1498-1510, Feb. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAES.2008.4667725
- Q. Zhu, Z. Zhao, and L. Lin, "Real time estimation of slant path tropospheric delay at very low elevation based on singular ground-based global positioning system station," Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) Radar, Sonar & Navigation, vol. 7, no. 7, pp. 808-814, Aug. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-rsn.2012.0235
- F. Chan, M. Joerger, and B. Pervan, "Stochastic modeling of atomic receiver clock for high integrity gps navigation," Aerospace and Electronic Systems, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 50, no. 3, pp. 1749-1764, Jul. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAES.2014.120402
- V. Pereira, A. Giremus, and E. Grivel, "Modeling of multipath environment using copulas for particle filtering based GPS navigation," Signal Processing Letters, IEEE, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 360-363, Mar. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/LSP.2012.2195489
- M. R. Azarbad and M. R. Mosavi, "A new method to mitigate multipath error in single-frequency GPS receiver with wavelet transform," GPS Solutions, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 189-198, Mar. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10291-013-0320-1
- D. H. Won, J. Ahn, S. W. Lee, and S. Sung, "Weighted DOP with consideration on elevation-dependent range errors of GNSS satellites," Instrumentation and Measurement, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 61, no. 12, pp. 3241-3250, Dec. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIM.2012.2205512
- P. Huang and Y. Pi, "An improved location service scheme in urban environments with the combination of GPS and mobile stations," Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, vol. 14, no. 13, pp. 1287-1301, Sep. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1002/wcm.2232
- M. Tahsin, S. Sultana, and T. Reza, "Analysis of DOP and its preciseness in GNSS position estimation," Electrical Engineering and Information Communication Technology (ICEEICT), 2015 International Conference on. IEEE, pp. 1-6, May 2015.
- Y. Kamatham, A. D. Sarma, and A. Kumar, "Spectral analysis and mitigation of GPS multipath error using digital filtering for static applications," Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE) Journal of Research, vol. 59, no. 2, pp. 156-166, 2013.
- S. Duncan and T. I. Stewart, "Portable global positioning system receivers: static validity and environmental conditions," American Journal of Preventive Medicine, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 19-29, Feb. 2013.
- D. Sathyamorthy, S. Shafii, and Z. F. M. Amin, "Valuating the trade-off between Global Positioning System (GPS) accuracy and power saving from reduction of number of GPS receiver channels," Space Science and Communication (IconSpace), 2015 International Conference on. IEEE, pp. 221-224, Aug. 2015.
- E. Wang, T. Pang, M. Cai, and Z. Zhang, "Application of neural network aided particle filter in GPS receiver autonomous integrity monitoring," China Satellite Navigation Conference (CSNC) 2014 Proceedings, vol. II, pp. 147-157, Apr. 2014.
- J. S. Yoo, J. S. Ahn, and S. K. Sung, "Performance comparison of GPS fault detection and isolation via pseudorange prediction model based test statistics," Journal of Electrical Engineering and Technology(in Korean), vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 797-806, Jul. 2012. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2012.7.5.797
- R. H. Rogen, T. A. Johansen, and T. I. Fossen, "On attitude observers and inertial navigation for reference system fault detection and isolation in dynamic positioning," Control Conference (ECC), 2015 European. IEEE, pp. 3665-3672. Jul. 2015.
- B. W. Parkinson and J. J. Spilker. Jr, Global Positioning System: Theory and Applications, Volume I, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Washington, DC, 1996.
- S. Y. Kim, C. H. Kang, and C. G. Park, "Station based detection algorithm using an adaptive fading Kalman filter for ramp type GNSS spoofing," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 283-289, Mar. 2015. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2015.14.0091