- Volume 22 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Nonlinear Model-Based Disturbance Compensation for a Two-Wheeled Balancing Mobile Robot
이륜 밸런싱 로봇에 대한 비선형 모델 기반 외란보상 기법
- Yu, Jaerim (School of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, Korea Aerospace University) ;
- Kim, Yongkuk (School of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, Korea Aerospace University) ;
- Kwon, SangJoo (School of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, Korea Aerospace University)
- Received : 2016.05.31
- Accepted : 2016.09.01
- Published : 2016.10.01
A two-wheeled balancing mobile robot (TWBMR) has the characteristics of both nonlinear and underactuated system. In this paper, the disturbances acting on a TWBMR are classified into body disturbance and wheel disturbance. Additionally, we describe a nonlinear disturbance observer, which is suitable as a single input multi-output (SIMO) system for the longitudinal motion of TWBMR. Finally, we propose a reasonable disturbance compensation technique that combines the indirect reference input of equilibrium point and the direct torque compensation input. Simulations and experimental results show that the proposed disturbance compensation method is an effective way to achieve robust postural stability, specifically on inclined terrains.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Y. Liu and H. Yu, "A survey of underactuated mechanical systems," IET Control Theory and Applications, vol. 7, no. 7, pp. 921-935, Feb. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-cta.2012.0505
- M. Sasaki and N. Yanagihara, "Steering control of the personal riding-type wheeled mobile platform(PMP)," 2005 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, 2005.
- H.-J. Lee and S. Jung, "Development of two wheeled car-like mobile robot using balancing mechanism: BalBOT VII," The Journal of Korea Robotics Society (in Korean), vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 289-297, 2009.
- J. Yu and S. J. Kwon, "Disturbance observer design for uneven terrain driving of a two-wheeled balancing mobile robot," 2015 30th ICROS Annual Conference (in Korean), pp. 350-351, May 2015.
- H. Jian, D. Feng, F. Toshio, and M. Takayuki, "Modeling and velocity control for a novel narrow vehicle based on mobile wheeled inverted pendulum," IEEE Transactions on Control System Technology, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 1607-1617, Sep. 2013.
- S. J. Lee and S. Jung, "An experimental study on balancing stabilization of a service robot by using sliding mechanism," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 233-239, Mar. 2013. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2013.12.1768
- H. Jian, G. Zhi-Hong, M. Takayuki, F. Toshio, and S. Kosuke, "Sliding-mode velocity control of mobile-wheeled inverted-pendulum systems," IEEE Transactions on Robotics, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 750-758, Aug. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TRO.2010.2053732
- J.-X. Xu, Z.-Q. Guo, and T. H. Lee, "Design and implementation of integral sliding-mode control on an underactuated two-wheeled mobile robot," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 61, no. 7, pp. 3671-3681, Jul. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2013.2282594
- K. Ohnishi, M. Shibata, and T. Murakami, "Motion control for advances mechatronics," IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 56-67, Mar. 1996. https://doi.org/10.1109/3516.491410
- E. Sariyildizm and K. Ohnishi, "A guide to design disturbance observer," ASME Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control, vol. 136, Mar. 2014.
- D. Choi and J.-H. Oh, "Human-friendly motion control of a wheeled inverted pendulum by reduced-order disturbance observer," 2008 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 2521-2526, May 2008.
- T. Takei, O. Matsumoto, and K. Komoriya, "Simultaneous estimation of slope angle and handling force when getting on and off a human-riding wheeled inverted pendulum vehicle," 2009 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 4553-4558, Oct. 2009.
- K. Hirata, M. Kamatani, and T. Murakami, "Advanced Motion Control of Two-wheel Wheelchair for Slope Environment," 39th Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IECON 2013), pp. 6436-6441, Nov. 2013.
- S.-H. Lee and S.-Y. Rhee, "Dynamic modeling of a wheeled inverted pendulum for inclined road and changing its center of gravity," Journal of the Korean Institute of Intelligent Systems (in Korean), vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 69-74, Feb. 2012. https://doi.org/10.5391/JKIIS.2012.22.1.69
- M. W. Spong, "The swing-up control problem for the Acrobot," IEEE Control Systems Magazine, pp. 49-55, Feb. 1995.
- I. Fantoni, R. Lozano, and M. W. Spong, "Energy based control of the Pendubot," IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, pp. 725-729, Apr. 2000.