- Volume 17 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Investigating Sexual Function and Affecting Factors in Women with Breast Cancer in Iran
- Shandiz, Fatemeh Homaee (Cancer Research Center, Department of Radiotherapy, Ghaem Hospital, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences) ;
- Karimi, Fatemeh Zahra (Student Research Committee, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences) ;
- Rahimi, Nafiseh (Nursing, Birjand University of Medical Sciences) ;
- Abdolahi, Mahboubeh (Biostatistics, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Tarbiat Modares University) ;
- Anbaran, Zahra Khosravi (Student Research Committee, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences) ;
- Ghasemi, Mina (Student Research Committee, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences) ;
- Mazlom, Seyed Reza (Evidence-Based Care Research Center, School of Nursing and Midwifery, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences) ;
- Kheirabadi, Aghileh Nasaghchi (Student Research Committee, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences)
- Published : 2016.07.01
Background: Since the breast is strongly relevant to sexual desire, and physical and sexual attractiveness, the high prevalence of breast cancer (BC) in Iran and long-term survival of patients experiencing side effects means that measures to identify associated sexual problems are necessary. Therefore, this study was conducted to assess sexual function and affecting factors in women with BC. Materials and Methods: This cross-sectional study was performed on 94 women with BC, referred to Imam Reza (AS) Hospital, Mashhad, Iran, in 2014. The data were collected through demographic and clinical questionnaires and also a sexual function questionnaire and analyzed using SPSS version 16. Results: The total score of women's sexual function was about
Sexual function;women;breast cancer;Iran
- Alicikus ZA, Gorken IB, Sen RC, et al (2009). Psychosexual and body image aspects of quality of life in Turkish breast cancer patients: a comparison of breast conserving treatment and mastectomy. Tumori, 95, 212-8. https://doi.org/10.1177/030089160909500213
- Entzar -Mahdi R, Ramezani R, Shamshiri AR, et al (2012). National breast cancer control program in I.R.Iran,operation planning and guideline for breast cancer screening with cbe and mammography. ministry of health and medical education, department of health, center for disease control and prevention, non - communicable diseases unit. Cancer Office, 4.
- Fakhri A, Mohammadi Zeidi I , Pakpour Haji Agha A, et al (2011).Psychometric properties of iranian version of female sexual function index. Jundishapur Sci Med J, 10, 345-54.
- Fasihi Harandy T, Ghofranipour F, Montazeri A, et al (2012). Health-related quality of life in Iranian breast cancer survivors: a qualitative study. Payesh, 11, 65-72.
- Foroutan S, jadid milani M, et al (2009). The prevalence of sexual dysfunction among divorce requested. Medical Daneshvar, 16, 39-44.
- Harirchi I, Montazeri A, Zamani Bidokhti F, et al (2012). i Sexual function in breast cancer patients: a prospective study from Iran. J Exp Clin Cancer Res, 31, 20. https://doi.org/10.1186/1756-9966-31-20
- Jemal A, Center MM, Desantis C, et al (2010). Global patterns of cancer incidence and mortality rates and trends. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev, 19, 1893-907. https://doi.org/10.1158/1055-9965.EPI-10-0437
- Khajehaminian F, Ebrahimi M, Kamali M, et al (2014). Sexual functioning after mastectomy surgery- A qualitative study. Iranian J Breast Disease, 7, 50-58.
- Mousavi SM, Montazeri A, Mohagheghi MA, et al (2007). Breast cancer in Iran: an epidemiological review. Breast J, 13, 383-91. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1524-4741.2007.00446.x
- Rosen R, Brown C, Heiman J, et al (2000). Female Sexual Function Index (FSFI): A multidimensional self-report instrument for the assessment of female sexual function. J Sex Marital Ther, 26, 191-208. https://doi.org/10.1080/009262300278597
- Sbitti Y1, Kadiri H, Essaidi I, et al (2011). Breast cancer treatment and sexual dysfunction: Moroccan women's perception. BMC Womens Health, 13, 1-6.
- Vaziri S, Lotfi Kashani F, Akbari M et al (2014). Comparing the Motherhood and Spouse Role in Women with Breast Cancer and Healthy Women. Iran J Breast Disease, 7, 76-83.
- Wiegel M, Meston C, Rosen R (2005). The Female Sexual Function Index (FSFI): cross-validation and development of clinical cutoff scores. J Sex Marital Ther, 31, 1-20.
- Zeighami Mohammadi Sh, Ghaffari F (2009). Sexual dysfunction and its correlation with quality of life among women affected with cancer. IJOGI, 12, 39-46.