- Volume 17 Issue 6
Auto-Coding of Cancer Registry Data in China
- Wei, Kuang Rong (Zhongshan Cancer Registry) ;
- Liu, Sheng Chao (Department of Technology, Dimensional Insight, Massachusetts) ;
- Wei, Dongling (Computer Science Department, Dartmouth College) ;
- Liang, Zhiheng (Zhongshan Cancer Registry) ;
- Chen, Wanqing (Chinese National Office for Cancer Prevention and Control)
- Published : 2016.06.01
The significance, difficulty and strategy of coding cancer data according to international coding standards are discussed, and the concept, methods and realization of cancer data automatic coding in cancer registries in China are introduced in the paper. Coding cancer data automatically with software could not only reduce the time, manpower and workload, while improving the accuracy and efficiency of cancer data coding, but also enhance the validity of cancer registration and the value of cancer registry data, which is of great significance.
- Bray F, Znaor A, Cueva P, et al (2014). Planning and developing population-based cancer registration in low-and middleincoming setting. Lyon: IARC Technical publication NO. 43, 5-18.
- Ervik MJ (2014). CanReg5. Lyon:IARC, 49.
- Ferlay J, Burkhard C, Whelan S, et al (2005). Check and conversion programs for cancer registries (IARC//IACR Tools for Cancer Registries). Lyon: IARC Technical Report No. 42, 4.
- IARC (2013). International classification of diseases for Oncology, 3rd Edition, First Revision[ON/DB].Geneva: World Health Organization.
- IARC (2015). International statistical classification of diseases and related health problems, 10th Revision. [ON/DB]. Geneva: World Health Organization.
- Jensen OM, Parkin DM, MacLennan R, et al (1991). Cancer registration: principles and methods. Lyon:IARC Scientific Publication No. 95,7-21.
- Liang ZH, Liu J, Wei KR (2010). Some views about cancer registration. China Cancer, 12, 779-781.
- Lu W, Zheng Y (2011). Tumor nomenclature and coding. Shanghai. Press of the Second Military Medical University, 3-6, 116-209, 250 [in Chinese].
- National Office for Cancer Control and Prevention, Information Center for Health Statistics of Health Ministry, National Center for Cancer Registration (2004). Guideline for chinese cancer registration. Beijing: Press of Chinese Union Medical University, 50-8 [in Chinese].
- Peng XB, Chen WQ, Chen ZF, et al (2014). Cardiac cancer epidemiology in China. Chinese Arch General Surg, (Electrical Version), 8, 61-4 (in Chinese).
- Wang QS, Chen WQ (2013). Fuzzy query system for cancer data coding of ICD-O-3 and ICD-10. China Cancer, 5, 369.