- Volume 13 Issue 2
This paper describes of a mathematical and real experimental analysis for a walking robot which uses servo valve driven hydraulic actuator. Recently, many researchers are developing a walking robot based on hydraulic systems for the difficult and dangerous missions such as walking in the rough terrain and carrying a heavy load. In order to design and control a walking robot, the characteristics of the hydraulic actuators in the joint through the view point of walking such as controllability and backdrivability must be analyzed. A general mathematical model was used for analysis and proceeds to position and pressure changes characteristic of the input and backdrivability experiment. The result shows the actuator is a velocity source, had a high impedance, the output stiffness is high in contact with the rigid external force. So stand above the controller and instruments that complement the design characteristics can be seen the need to apply a hydraulic actuator in walking robot.
Walking Robot;Hydraulic Robot;Hydraulic Actuator;Servo Valve;System Analysis
- M. Raibert, K. Blankespoor, G. Nelson, and R. Playter, "Bigdog, the rough-terrain quadruped robot," in Proc. International Federation of Automatic Control, 10822-10825, (2008)
- T. Boaventura, C. Semini, J. Buchli, M. Frigerio, M. Focchi, and D. G. Caldwell, "Dynamic torque control of a hydraulic quadruped robot," in Proc. IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, 1889-1894, (2012).
- X. Rong, Y. Li, J. Ruan, and B. Li, "Design and simulation for a hydraulic actuated quadruped robot", Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, 26(4), 1171-1177, (2012). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-012-0219-8
- J. T. Kim, J. Cho, B. Y. Park, S. Park, and Y. Lee, "Experimental investigation on the design of leg for a hydraulic actuated quadruped robot", In International Symposium on Robotics, 1-5, (2013).
- J. Cho, J. T. Kim, S. Park, Y. Lee, and K. Kim, "JINPOONG, posture control for the external force." International Symposium on Robotics, 1-2, (2013).
- S. Seok, A. Wang, D. Otten, and S. Kim, "Actuator Design for High Force Proprioceptive Control in Fast Legged Locomotion," in Proc. IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Robotsand Systems, 1970-1975, (2012).
- M. Hutter, C. D. Remy, M. A. Hoepflinger, and R. Siegwart, "High compliant series elastic actuation for the robotic leg ScarlETH", In Proc. of the International Conference on Climbing and Walking Robots, (2011).
- J. Cho, S. Park, and K. Kim. "Design of mechanical stiffness switch for hydraulic quadruped robot legs inspired by equine distal forelimb." Electronics Letters 51(1), 33-35, (2014).
- F. M. White, "Fluid mechanics, wcb", ed: McGraw-Hill, Boston, (1999).
- H. E. Merritt, "Hydraulic control systems", John Wiley & Sons, (1967).
- S. LeQuoc, R. Cheng, and A. Limaye, "Investigation of an electrohydraulic servovalve with tuneable return pressure and drain orifice," Journal of dynamic systems, measurement, and control, 109(3), 276-285, (1987). https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3143855
- Stephens, Benjamin J., and Christopher G. Atkeson. "Dynamic balance force control for compliant humanoid robots." Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), 2010 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on. IEEE, 2010.
- J. E. Bobrow and J. Desai, "A high torque to weight ratio robot actuator," Robotica, 13(2), 201-208, (1995). https://doi.org/10.1017/S0263574700017719
- D. C. Karnopp, D. L. Margolis, and R. C. Rosenberg, "System Dynamics: Modeling, Simulation, and Control of Mechatronic Systems: Modeling, Simulation, and Control of Mechatronic Systems", John Wiley & Sons, (2012).
- S. R. Lee, J. Cho, and S. Park, "Position -based impedance control of a hydraulic actuator for a walking Robot", In Proceedings of International Conference on Climbing and Walking Robots and the Support Technologies for Mobile Machines, 781-788, (2012).
Grant : 고난이도 작업 수행을 위한 유압 로봇 제어 기술 개발 사업, 재난대응 특수목적기계 개발사업
Supported by : 산업통상자원부