- Volume 31 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Public's Recognition of the Space Object's Re-entry Situations and the National Space Disaster Management Policy
우리나라 국민의 우주위험인식 수준과 국가 재난정책
- Received : 2016.10.19
- Accepted : 2016.12.21
- Published : 2016.12.31
Since the mankind started its space mission, the number of artificial space objects has been increasing exponentially. It contains not just the space machines which are in use but the machines which are out of order. Meantime, those dead machines are being a serious danger, a real threat to human's lives and property because of it could re-enter into the earth's atmosphere and fall to the ground causing mega-disaster. As the number of space activities gets growing so far, the re-entry of the space objects will be a lot more happened in the future. Therefore, not just natural space object like asteroids but the artificial space object like artificial satellite and space station can cause the disaster by falling to the ground. To protect our nation and our property, the government has set up the space disaster management center in Korea astronomy and Space science Institute. In this study, we surveyed public's recognition of the space object's re-entry situation and analyzed it to contribute building national space disaster management policy.
space disaster management policy;space situation awareness;hazardous space situation;national risk management system
- National law lnformation center, "Constitution of the Republic of Korea", Article 34, (6), 1988. (http://www.law.go.kr/lsInfoP.do?lsiSeq=61603&efYd=19880225#0000)
- National Law lnformation center, "Disaster & Safety Management Fundamental Law", Chapter 1, Article 3, (1), 2016.(http://www.law.go.kr/lsInfoP.do?lsiSeq=181836&efYd=20160923#0000)
- Korean Astronomy&space Science Institute, "Hazard from Space", pp. 6-11, 2015.
- H. Klinkrad, "An ESA View of the IADC", European Space Agency, pp. 7, 2010.
- Korean Astronomy & Space Science Institute, "Space Surveillance Critical Technology Planning", Korean Astronomy&space Science Institute, pp. 6, 2015.
- Sedaily, "<1303> Cosmos 954", 2009.(http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=110&oid=011&aid=0001989656)
- T. Greidius, "NASA and FEMA Conduct Asteroid Impact Emergency Planning Exercise", The National Astronautics and Space Administration Homepage Article, 2016. (https://www.nasa.gov/feature/jpl/nasa-and-fema-conduct-asteroid-impact-emergency-planning-exercise)
- C. Rrumpf et al., "Global Impact Distribution of Asteroids and Affected Population", 2015 IAA Planetary Defense Conference, pp. 1-9, 2015. (http://eprints.soton.ac.uk/377825/)
- K. H. Lee, "New Product Marketing", Kyungmoon-sa, pp. 106, 2005.
- M. A. Mustafa and J. F. Al-Bahar, "Project Risk Assessment using the Analytic Hierarachy Process", IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, Vol. 38, No. 1, pp. 46-52, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1109/17.65759
- Y. -H. Rho and J. -Y. Hong, "An Investigation on the Recognition of Biosafety Regulation Systems for the Living Modified Organism", Korean Journal of Environmental Agriculture, Vol. 33, No. 1, pp. 63-67, 2014 . https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2014.33.1.63
- D. K. Park, "The Empirical Study on Local Civil Servant's Consiciousness of the Disaster Management and it's Implications", Korean Association of Governmental Studies, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 289-312, 2008.
- K. S. Lee et al., "A Study on Selection of the Risk Factors for Urban Disaster of Daejeon Metropolitan City using Delphi and AHP", Crisis and Emergency Management : Theory and Praxis, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 69-84, 2015.
- J. -E. Lee, "A Comparative Study of Natural Disaster Management Policy and Man-made Disaster Management Policy: Measuring Priorities using the Analytic Hierarchy Process" Korean Public Administrations Review, Vol. 36, No. 2, pp. 165-185, 2002.
- D. L and Y. Min, "A Study on the Effects of the Human Environment Vulnerability of Disaster on Perception of Social Risk: Centers on the Omnibus Survey of Disaster and Safety Perception", The Korean Association for Policy Studies, Vol. 25 No. 1, pp. 33-59, 2016.
- C. -H. Woo et al., "Experience, Awareness and Preparedness of Disaster among Nursing College Students", Korean Review of Crisis & Emergency Management, Vol. 11, No. 11, pp. 19-35, 2015.
- K. -Y. Won, "Analysis on Risk Perception in the Climate Change Disaster", The Seoul National University, pp. 14-16, 48-58, 105-110, 2012.
- H. -R. Song and W. -J. Kim, "Effects of Risk Characteristic and Risk Perception on Risk Severity of Natural Disaster", Journal of the Korea Contents Association 13, Vol. 13 No. 4, pp. 198-207, 2013.
- J. Xu et al., "Risk Perception in Natural Disaster Management, 2014 International Conference UNESCO Chair in Technologies for Development: What Is Essential?", Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, pp. 4-6, 2014.
- D. Vastfjall et al., "Affect, Risk Perception and Future Optimism After the Tsunami Disaster", Judgment and Decision Making, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 64-72, 2008.
- D. Aboagye et al., "Risk Perception and Disaster Management in the Savannah Region of Ghana", International Journal of Humanities and Social Science, Vol. 3, No. 3, pp. 85-96, 2013.
- G. R. et al., "Natural Hazards Knowledge and Risk Perception of Wujie Indigenous Community in Taiwan", Natural Hazards, Vol. 81, No. 1, pp. 641-662, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11069-015-2100-4
- S. T. Jae and S. G. Ja, "Research Methodology", Hakjisa, pp. 119-123, 2014.
- J. C. Ha, "Marketing Research, Working Note", IDAMBOOKS, pp. 172, 2010.
- H. S. Kang, "How to Write a Good Report", Decision Science, pp. 73, 173, 2012.
- J. Seong and Y. Byun, "A Study on the Weights of the Condition Evaluation of Rock Slope used in Entropy and AHP Method", Journal of the Korean Society of Safety, Vol. 31, No. 5, pp. 61-66, 2016.
- Sanno Institute of Management, "Intellectual Thinking Skill", Miraebook, pp. 208-209, 2008.
- Son Uk, "The Tweleve Terrestrial Branches Management", Paperload, pp. 83-84, 2009.
- G. P. Siddayao et al., "Analytic Hierarachy Process(AHP) In Spatial Modeling for Floodplain Risk Assessment", International Journal of Machine Learning and Computing, Vol. 4, No. 5, pp. 450-457, 2014. https://doi.org/10.7763/IJMLC.2014.V4.453
- K. S. Lee et al., "A Study on Selection of the Risk Factors for Urban Disaster of Daejeon Metropolitan City Using Delphi and AHP", Crisisonomy, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 69-84, 2015.
- Y. C. Lee, "Causes of Natural Disasters and Management Strategies: Three Cases and AHP Analysis", Incheon National University, pp. 120-126, 2007.
- H. J. Lee et al., "Priority Analysis and Implications for Operating Strategy of Veterans Memorial Events : Comparing the Officials and the Experts Using the AHP", The Korean Journal of Public Administration, Vol. 25, No. 2, pp. 157-186, 2016.
- J. H. Seo et al., "Extracting Priorities of Strategic Components of Product Liability Response System using AHP", Journal of the Korean Society for Quality Management, Vol. 42, No. 2, pp. 235-252, 2014. https://doi.org/10.7469/JKSQM.2014.42.2.235
Supported by : 국가과학기술연구회, 한국천문연구원